A Grow Journal by a First Timer

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Badlyinfluenced, Jun 21, 2012.

1. #1 Badlyinfluenced, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    Well here it is, my first season growing these beautiful plants. I am going to use this thread not only to keep those who wish to be updated on how things are going for me, but as a place for me to ask questions and receive tips on what I should be doing/not doing. This should also help out a lot of first timer in the long run.

Anyways, I started my growing career out by buying some FloraNova Grow nutrients, some Fox Farm soil, and two clones from my local dispensary. Some OG Bubbleberry, and some Skywalker. They are both beautiful, but I forgot which one was which moving them around so much hahaha:smoke:. They get sun all day long, and I only water them when I think the soil is dry, which I check by sticking my finger in the soil and feeling if it is moist or not, if it seems too dry, I water it with the nutrient enriched water. So far im not using any special techniques or fancy schmancy LST'ing and things of that like but they look ok. Ill be including pictures every once in awhile too. They were started May 28th. Ok well thats it for now, here some pictures until next time

Attached Files:

2. 1st day:
    [​IMG]
    1st week:
    [​IMG]
    3rd week:
    [​IMG]

Here you go, nice plants man.

3. Thank you very much man, Any ideas when I should put them into the 100 gallon smart pots? Not trying to rush anything, just curious.

4. No problem, about the question, you're way ahead of me when it comes to growing so I can't help you there S:

5. U have 100 gal smart pots for them. Put them in now.

6. [quote name='"Badlyinfluenced"']Thank you very much man, Any ideas when I should put them into the 100 gallon smart pots? Not trying to rush anything, just curious.[/quote]

You can start a seedling in a 100 gallon smart pot. You don't have to transplant up in fabric pots. That's only needed for plastic pots because of rootbound issues and trying to force plants to make a dense rootball. But smart pots do that work for you. It's best to start right away in a big smart pot IMO.

7. Looking good bro!

8. beautiful plants!

9. Awesome, thank you all. They are really bushing out right now I should have some new pictures soon. I just need to purchase some soil to throw in the 100 gallons and ill be good to go.

10. Alright, I threw them into the smart pots, thanks for the advice on that. Anything else I should be doing, or looking out for?

Heres a good view

Attached Files:

11. Clone noob ... hahah nice grow just take care of the ladies ...

12. :smoke: Hey man I figured i'll get better yield offa clone, and its my first time. I'm trying my best here haha. :D

13. lookin great! no reason to ever not go straight to the biggest pot (after hardening of course)

14. Yeah I'm learning alot right now like the title says, this is my first grow

15. those aren't 100 gallon..

16. I know, I could have sworn I said it in here... But they are 65. I couldnt afford 16 bags of fox farms.

17. [quote name='"Badlyinfluenced"']I know, I could have sworn I said it in here... But they are 65. I couldnt afford 16 bags of fox farms.[/quote]

U need to buy it by the yard. Way cheaper than bags.

18. I know mine took about 100$ each to set up..

19. I mean, the 65 gallon pot wont hurt my yield too much will it?

20. you won't know until the end of the grow..