Outdoor grow.. Getting a bit ahead of myself, maybe..

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by geme2, Jun 21, 2012.

1. I meant to start this a while ago, but I just got internet, so pardon the length. A little background before I get going.. Wasn't planning on doing this at first, but things have fell into place the past 6 months so I am running with it. I have a couple people close to me that are quite ill currently without the best of prognosis or insurance, but have been treating themselves with Rick Simpson Oil fairly successfully.. But shit gets expensive. Have been growing legally indoors the past 3 years with good success, so when I found out someone close to me was willing to let me live on their vacant property for the year that is in a remote area, to help with the cause, I decided to attempt to go big in hopes of getting a decent harvest I can turn into RSO and help some people out. Any feedback and tips is greatly welcomed. I'm pretty in over my head I guess. I'm already having problems..

I also don't really know if I'm posting pictures properly either, I think not. hah. My internet currently is not loading any images on pages for me, so I cannot tell. I put them all in an album though.

I collected clones back in April over the course of a few weeks, and eventually had them all in 3 gallon pots under 2000w for about a month.
    This is them on May 25, right before I took them to my new place... They stayed in the pots outside up until 4 days ago.
    /photopost/data/4209/thumbs/11130.JPG

What I am working with is:
    4 Grandaddy Purple. 2 Pot of Gold. 3 Medicine Woman. 2 Agent Orange. 2 Blackberry kush. 2 U.W. 1 Hippie Chicken.

A friend had to back out of his grow, couldn't store a lot of his stuff so he gave me 16 100 gallon square root pots and sold me a pallet of FFOF for around 8 a bag, along with a bunch of 5 gallon jugs of nutes for prices I just couldn't pass up.. I wanted to go organic, but I ended up getting the Fox Farms trio, cal mag+, silica blast, and a bottle of canna rhizotonic.. I think 100 gallons is total overkill, but whatever, pots were free and dirt was cheap so why not.

I am planning on building 2 24x48 greenhouses towards the end of vegging, so I have them spaced accordingly, I hope. Wanted to build them from the get, but that can't happen right now. I'm at a little higher elevation than I would like, almost a high desert like climate, with some cooler nights, so they will be necessary in flowering I feel. 6 plants per plot, with 4 others in other areas. Planning on doing a bunch of training in hopes of making everything fit.. Trying to plan that out, am used to much smaller plants :rolleyes:

I have roughly 90 gallons of soil in each pot.. 70% FFOF, 20% perlite, 10% top soil from here. 6 cups of dolomite lime per pot. Had been feeding them at around 3/4 strength with grow big, big bloom, cal mag, and every other feeding I've used silica blast. I feed every other watering. Plants were looking nice and healthy when I transplanted, and roots looked healthy.
    /photopost/data/4209/thumbs/5120.JPG

GDP
    /photopost/data/4209/thumbs/GDP13.JPG

When I transplanted on 6/16, I used the rhizotonic only, and gave them a good soaking I think. Next 2 days they looked fine. 2 nights ago weather went to shit and it dropped to mid-low 30's and there was some frost outside when I got out at 6:30, but none visible on plants. Has been 70s-80s/50ish the past month. Not sure if that's what did it, but since yesterday morning they pretty much all look like shit, have been wilted constantly, and some leaves look fried and are dying. Some are worse than other. Soil is still moist. Haven't fed yet.. Hoping to get some opinions before I water again. Has been nice since then outside.

Same GDP as last pic, 4 days after transplant.
    /photopost/data/4209/thumbs/GDP1_2_.JPG

This Medicine Woman is about the worst off.
    /photopost/data/4209/thumbs/MW2_2_.JPG

/photopost/data/4209/thumbs/MW2_1_.JPG

U.W.
    /photopost/data/4209/thumbs/UW3.JPG

What am I doing wrong? I'm super motivated to get this shit right, and have nothing but time on my hands to spend with these, so help and advice is appreciated. I really don't feel like killing them. I'm pretty new to these nutes too, so any help on how and when I should be feeding would be super cool.

Thanks for checking this out!

2. Sounds like frost damage. Next time it gets that cold you should toss sheets over them at night or wrap green Christmas lights around them. Where are you that it's still that cold at night...generally speaking.