Ancient Knowledge

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Solar Being, Jun 21, 2012.

1. #1 Solar Being, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    “The most fatal illusion is the settled point of view. Since life is growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one."
    -Brooks Atkinson​

The maker of these videos is also actively participating in this and answering any questions that you might have, he begins to start answering questions on Page 4

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVUU3p5iHMA]Ancient Knowledge Pt.1 Consciousness, Sacred Geometry, Cymatics, Illusion of Reality (Rare Footage) - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYDwWbDhCEg]Ancient Knowledge Pt.2 Fibonacci Sequence, Golden Ratio, Phi in Nature, DNA, Fingerprint of God - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p_RD-S7INM]Ancient Knowledge Pt.3 Pyramids, Monuments & Megaliths, Ley Lines (Earth's Energy Grid) - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8BZ3VhX3YI]Ancient Knowledge Pt.4 The Real Secret Of How The Pyramids Were Built & Coral Castle - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBg2gJONaJs[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EEW44onpHc]Ancient Knowledge Pt.5 - Teaser / Coral Castle, Magnetic Forces, Sacred Sciences, Anti-Gravity - YouTube[/ame]

2. sigh. you should spend less time finding these types of video's on youtube and more time in this section looking around. 90% of those video's has already been covered in threads in this section. I so wish I knew a way to get people that listen to this garbage to spend just as much time reading all the proof that what they are listening to is complete bunk that's based on misunderstanding science or a pure twisting of what we know to be true about nature.

p.s. I love how these sort of video's always make their "secrets" convoluted and take 50 mins to get to. The people that supposedly had this "secret" knowledge had the power of rope and wood. If people still find the need to "hide" knowledge via clues in stone monuments then we are truly hopeless. Now please stop wasting peoples time, the secret is called Algebra and Trigonometry. There I just saved you all fucking 4 hours of stupid video's with needless cutaways and spooky music. Have a good day.

3. lol at conspiracy theories

4. This response isn't surprising

my suggestion is to actually watch the videos.... then form an opinion

remember "don't judge a book by its cover," would make more sense to actually read the book before you start making claims. However if you're not interested in the book you shouldn't be reading it in the first place...

and after that wall of text you didn't even say specifically what was what wrong with the videos. I'd like to know exactly which parts of these videos are "bunk"

lol conspiracies... http://forum.grasscity.com/politics/809003-us-gov-doesnt-lie-cia-great.html

5. #5 seculardave, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    For a start, youtube documentaries are far from authoritative. Why should we watch them? Are the authors qualified to speak on the topic? Is there controversy over their beliefs? I'd say no to the first and yes to the second. I think I'll wait until there's an academic equivalent to your youtube clips before I waste my time taking seriously these outlandish beliefs.

6. Lol some people... didn't even watch the video and he claims to debunk it. hahah

7. nobody is forcing you to watch them

But you can't call it stupid or bunk until you've at least seen the series for yourself from an objective standpoint

If you don't want to watch them there's really no need for you to be in the thread because your opinion is already biased.

8. #8 MelT, Jun 21, 2012
    I've watched the movies and tens more of a similar nature and they are appalling. Please, by all means, let's discuss any point you would like on the pyramids, ancient egypt or the the Assyrians and I'll tell you why the movie is wrong about them. You seem to be under the impression that the garbage in these things is new to us and that we're unaware of the real answers to these myths, when in fact we've covered them tens of times here. Sacred Geometry, the FOL, Melchizedek, all rampant silliness. We did most of the pyramid stuff just last month.

It would be far easier to say what is right with them (nothing) than what is wrong with them (everything). I'm a believer in UFO's and many strange things, but the movies above aren't worth anyone's time. If you've 'had your eyes' opened by them then your gullibility is beyond imagination.

Facts, provable, or get used to criticism here. This is a science forum, you should not expect otherwise.

MelT

9. This documentary is definitely worthwhile..The video is only suggesting that the egyptians were far more advanced and ancient than what we have prove of. It is not actually proposing out of the ordinary claims. The way they explain this is in a very rational way if you take into consideration things such as, how could they make all the intrecate insides of the pyrimid without the use of machines. There is no way that the egyptians created these colossal structures with the use of very simple tools and maybe simple machinery like mainstream archaeology teaches. They obviously had to be far more advanced than what we've always thought they were. Think about it, 60 years ago the best computer weighed 3 tons and took up a whole wall, now an ipod touch far exceeds the technolgy of that computer and it fits on your pocket. We've made enormous advancements in very few time. One of the oldest fossils of a homo sapien found is about 160k years ago, If we advance at this rate imagine how many other times it has happened before in history. I'm not saying they could've also invented ipods and other shit like us but they could've advanced in other areas whereas we lack knowledge of but still being very advanced societies. They also have very strong evidence of the water erosions on the sphinx which would mean egyptians really existed somewhere along 10k years ago if not maybe before. It gives you some other interesting ideas to entertain your mind on other than orthodox archaeology. Which are far more reasonable than what mainstream archaeology teaches, they approach things as if they knew everything about what happened in history which is narrowing down their view on it

10. Everything you say above is untrue and based on false evidence. Many of the things you're saying were invented by people like Hancock and Bauval and have been shown to be complete nonsense. All of the points have been debunked at length both here on GC and on numerous other sites. The movies are simply a rehash of every woo-woo myth and conspiracy theory there has been for the last thirty years, put together in an attempt to overwhelm the watcher with 'facts'. Please do a search for the pyramids on GC and you'll find all the links and evidence against the movies that you could possibly want.

BTW, there is no such thing as 'mainstream' archaeology. The movie tries to give the impression that there is a general consensus on all things within archaeology that nobody dare go beyond, which is patently untrue. Please provide facts from the movies to back it up, not things that we already know are untrue.

MelT

11. #11 SheenTheSage, Jun 21, 2012
    Egyptians? Aren't they part of Eastern philosophy?

Granted the Western world interacted with them. The Greeks were one of the first foreigners to live in Egypt (http://web.ana-mpa.gr/afieromata/omogeneia/africa/part_a.html), predating Homer (~800-900 BCE). By the time of Thales, Anaxoragoras, and Pythagoras, some of the more well-informed Greeks had come to recognize that the Egyptians were not all barbaric, but mostly civilized (ANCIENT EGYPT : The impact of Ancient Egypt on Greek philosophy : Memphite & Theban thought).

This chart is worth considering:
    It's very difficult to account for the rise of Egyptian civilization, even more difficult than to account for Greco-Roman civilization, since they left even fewer texts behind as evidence. No doubt, the Egyptians were advanced, and so were the Greeks, but to try to resolve the question of what the nature of their reciprocal influence was upon one another, I believe, is a problem of antecedence as futile as the hen and the egg.

12. Could you help me out and outline exactly which points in the movie are wrong and provide a correction; because I've having a hard time believing you actually watched the videos when your beef with the videos seems to be very broad and vague.

13. #13 MelT, Jun 21, 2012
    Nice post:)

The rise of the Egyptian civilisation was known to be based on the regular inundation of the Nile. It provided the ability to settle the area and produce excellent crops on a yearly basis. The end of the Egyptian civilisation as most recognise it was due to drought and failure of the inundation.

Those who settled there about 7,000 bc had control of the water source and could protect it from others, and they had excess food to sell. It made them wealthy, but it wasn't a people who were organised into the same kind of society as came later. The rise of what we think of as the great Egyptian period came about when the crowns of the kingdoms of the upper and lower nile were joined as one in a single kingdom in 3100bc. With total control of the area's wealth, ostentation and learning were a given.

They also had access to earlier and current Babylonian arts and thinking, chemistry and math, and Sumerian, Vincan and Nubian ideas too. They were also a great sea-faring race who dealt with other cultures from all over the world They were quick to absorb it all and make use of it. The idea that some AA theorists try to put forward is that they had no real predecessors and came up with everything themselves, but it's not the case.

During those times of year that farmers were unable to grow crops, they came to work on the pyramids, but as artisans, not slaves. They had good lodgings, bakeries, breweries - it was a good option. It was also a good way for the pharaohs to keep people happy and ensure they weren't trying to overthrow him.

Just as side issue if anyone is interested - 'Khemet' is the ancient egyptian word for 'the black land' , meaning the mud that the inundation of the nile covered the land with. It's the word we get 'alchemy' from, because of the mud's ability to transmute the land into a life-giving thing. The original search of alchemists was to create the 'alchemist's stone' with which they believed they could transmute any metal into gold.

MelT

14. Thales learned how to predict eclipses, almost certainly from the Babylonians (Thales), who had likely received the tradition from Egypt, and other Eastern areas. In fact, we only know for sure of Thales' time due to an eclipse which he predicted to occur in 585 BCE (May 28, 585 B.C.: Predicted Solar Eclipse Stops Battle).

The Vinča culture, which flourished in the Balkan Peninsula from 5500-4500 BCE, which however failed to leave evidence of water systems behind, appears to have originated many farming techniques in Europe, especially the practice of growing near rivers. They also left some of the Earliest evidence of copper metallurgy behind. See: Vin So perhaps Neolithic European cultures also contributed to the development of Greece during antiquity.

15. I didn't watch them because I have seen every one of their claims a hundred times before. In this section alone we have covered why they are all incorrect and where they make their mistakes. How about instead of asking me and the people here to watch 2 and a half hours of video's you spend half that time and search the forums for the idea's in your video's.

Ok well I did watch a little of the last video but that was because the title. It was the only one with a topic that had a chance of being something worthwhile.

No I didn't point out specifics because, like I said, every topic covered in your video's has been covered in past threads. I suppose you want me to go and search out each thread for you and prove to you that they have been covered. (I'm not going to do that)

The parts of your video's that are bunk is every single second of them. Why should I bother rehashing, yet again, every one of those topics when you could just search the forums for each topic and see why they are. The only people who will spoon feed you theories are the people who are trying to sell you a book or the guys on Ancient Aliens so do like most of us in these forums have and do some research yourself.

If you have any specific question there are plenty of us that can tell you why or why not something is incorrect but we aren't gonna weed through 2 hours of video's each time someone finds a new one on Youtube. Well some might but I personally am done spending so much time when the same topic will come up in a "new" video on youtube in about 2 weeks.

If I see a bout about how to avoid being abducted by aliens I don't need to read it to know it's a bunch of information that isn't useful to anyone who reads it.

16. Good isn't it? They were a remarkable culture in many respects, barbaric in others. My favorite subjects revolve mainly around the emergence of language systems and symbolism, and the Vinca had a script that may be a written language that pre-dates that of Sumer. The Sumerians are also credited with inventing the wheel, but there's a model oxen and cart from the Danube area that is older. This is from a site on the symbols:

Old European / Vinča / Danube script

Origin

These symbols have been found on many of the artefacts excavated from sites in south-east Europe, in particular from Vinča near Belgrade, but also in Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, eastern Hungary, Moldova, southern Ukraine and the former Yugoslavia. The artefacts date from between the 7th and 4th millennia BC and those decorated with these symbols are between 8,000 and 6,500 years old.

Some scholars believe that the Vinča symbols represent the earliest form of writing ever found, predating ancient Egyptian and Sumerian writing by thousands of years. Since the inscriptions are all short and appear on objects found in burial sites, and the language represented is not known, it is highly unlikely they will ever be deciphered.
    Symbols dating from the oldest period of Vinča culture (6th-5th millennia BC)

[​IMG]
    Common symbols used throughout the Vinča period

[​IMG]
    Other Vinča symbols

[​IMG]
    Font created by Sorin Paliga (sorin_paliga@mac.com) of the Department of Slavic Languages and Literature at the University of Bucharest, Romania
    Download Vinča font (TrueType, 55K)
    Links

Information about this script
    Vin
    Virtual Museum of the Inscriptions

Old European / Vinča / Danube script

Origin

These symbols have been found on many of the artefacts excavated from sites in south-east Europe, in particular from Vinča near Belgrade, but also in Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, eastern Hungary, Moldova, southern Ukraine and the former Yugoslavia. The artefacts date from between the 7th and 4th millennia BC and those decorated with these symbols are between 8,000 and 6,500 years old.
    Some scholars believe that the Vinča symbols represent the earliest form of writing ever found, predating ancient Egyptian and Sumerian writing by thousands of years. Since the inscriptions are all short and appear on objects found in burial sites, and the language represented is not known, it is highly unlikely they will ever be deciphered.
    Symbols dating from the oldest period of Vinča culture (6th-5th millennia BC)

[​IMG]
    Common symbols used throughout the Vinča period

[​IMG]
    Other Vinča symbols

[​IMG]
    Font created by Sorin Paliga (sorin_paliga@mac.com) of the Department of Slavic Languages and Literature at the University of Bucharest, Romania
    Download Vinča font (TrueType, 55K)
    Links

Information about this script
    Vin
    Virtual Museum of the Inscriptions

MelT

17. Broad and vague. Mmmm. I said that all of the points in the movies had already been answered here and elsewhere. That's not vague, that's as direct as anyone can be. All - movie = wrong - no - right.

You have to tell me which points the movies make that YOU think have not been debunked - after first gong to check whether or not this is the case. Do this on a site that is not YouTube and is not a conspiracy site and we can discuss what you find.

It would be silly for anyone here to sit with pen and paper to list all of the things that are wrong with these movies. Painful and tedious. Especially if you've already made up your mind that you believe it all in this day and age with so much real information around in the net.

I assume that you're someone who is into this kind of thing? If the answer is 'yes' then you should already know that it's all been debunked. All of it. Me no vague. All of it. THe only people still saying it hasn't been are those who don't do any research and who are clinging on to their writing careers to wring a last buck out of it all.

That everything in the movies has been debunked - or even if only 50 percent were to be - is a sign of the shoddy research of the people who made them. Where have these people been for the last ten years?

MelT

18. "Buildings we can't build today Eve with our best technology. Straight up.facts"

First 10 seconds of last video.LOL

I've watched tons of videos like this hell I watched th entire ancient astronaut series on Netflix. Nothing has convinced me our ancestors had technology that rivaled our own or even more then expected.

The pyramids were built by us with primitive tools. People have spent their entire lives studying this. Nothing has ever been found suggesting any word if energy or space travel or communication.

Its all bunk

19. Its funny how people try to answer questions like "how did we build the pyramids?" by resorting to some of the most complex and least evident theories possible.

Honestly, ancient Humans didn't have much. They had their family, some weapons, some animals, a shelter, tools, and maybe some comfort objects or objects for worship. People didn't have as many distractions as we do today but they probably stayed very busy. If someone was a mason or an engraver, that is what they did, probably for a majority of their days and weeks. It doesn't surprise me that these civilizations could erect giant structures - that's what their societies did and that was what was important to them. Time was not an obstacle, only man-power and technology. We have accomplished things of massive difficulty in modern times, only the difficulty has scaled up with the technology at hand. Moving stones and carving them is what a civilization would excel at if that was what they were familiar with and was their stepping stone to a higher technology. I'm sure we could build everything that is "impossible with modern technology" if we just knew their methods and secrets of the trade. We've lost knowledge, but that doesn't mean that ancient peoples never had it.

Edit: all though, the Puma Punku stones are pretty fucking crazy...

20. watched 10 seconds...and then said it was all bunk...lol

have a nice day