Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon-Lite Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Firecrotch979, Jun 19, 2012.

1. So, I've been smoking for quite some time now, and I recently decided to venture into the world of vaporizers. I decided to start off small and cheap because I wasn't going to throw down 200 bones for one.

I went down to my local head shop and picked up a portable vape called the "Dragon-Lite" for only like 80 bucks. It's basically a small box with a mouthpiece that attaches, and a battery that is put into it and pushed to heat up the inside.

Basically, I tried it out with a few friends and we couldn't get much out of it. When we did, it was basically just burning it and it was a pretty obvious smell.

We ended up just putting it in a pipe and finishing it off, and I was pretty pissed that it wasn't working the way it should. The head shop obviously won't take it back, since it's used, and I'm thinking of just selling it. I'm going to try to get some new batteries as well and see if it has any effect.

Has anyone used one of these and can anyone tell me if it's any good or not?

2. It's a wanna be magic flight launch box ..... Idk how that one is but ..... You were probably not patient .... And thats why you burned it

3. I'm not sure how "patient" I have to be. The light was on for quite some time, and wasn't giving any vapor.

4. You have to turn the heat on while the buds in there but don't turn it up all the way only about half, then take a puff and see if it hits, you won't be able to tell until the exhale. If it doesn't crank the heat up a little more, wait a few minutes and try again. It could just be that it wasn't hot enough yet.

5. Well, it doesn't have a temperature per se. From what I've heard, you just have to hold it for a few seconds and start using it. When I tried that, I didn't seem to get anything. I'm going to get some new batteries and give it a shot again, but it just sucks that if it doesn't work, I'm out like 80 bucks.

6. It does have a nob to turn up the temp though right? A vape will never work if you just turn it on fill with weed, crank it up wait a few seconds and start expecting hits. Like lolwut.

7. No, it doesn't have anything that adjusts temperature. I don't believe the Magic Flight Box has a temperature gauge either.

8. Well I've only smoked out of 2 diff vases and both had a little nob you could use to turn up the heat. How's hat buttons does it have then?

9. Dragon-Lite = knock off Magic Flight Launch Box.

Magic Flight Launch Box = god's gift to this earth (other than Marijuana :smoke: )

Seriously though man the MFLB is only 20$ more :/ that blows man.

10. If I wanted to spend over $100 I would have got the Vapir Oxygen or the Vapir No2.

11. those are both shitty vapes

You should've shelled out the extra $20 and supported magic flight, a hell of a company, instead of buying a knockoff.

With that said, i'm sure you can find plenty of info on how to better use the magic flight which would apply to your vape in the mflb thread in the vaporizers forum. Also check out fuckcombustion.com. They have a thread on pretty much every vape on the market.

12. IMHO Vapir N02 is an excellent product, and so is the MFLB (and sadly its copycat versions - ie DragonLite, thats u ;-P.. imho again)

@Firecrotch979 conduction vapes are not simple as in switch it on and go, that's convection, conduction vapes come with a learning curve, master it if u cant return it now ;-)

13. you shoulda gone with the 250 dollar Pax vaporizer, i got one and on all different temperature levels you get full cloudss of smoke. the best buy i have ever made

14. #14 rj1, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  15. #15 Ronald U. Swanson, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    You can buy the Dragon-Lite on eBay for $35 free shipping.

You can buy the MFLB with $80.

Also, get some weed as dry as you can and then grind it up as finely as possible (should be simple if you dry it out). Then once you have your weed to a sand/dust like consistency, try vaping it.

The finer you grind, the more surface area exposed. The more surface area exposed, the more THC will be released, quicker too.

16. so for anybody who has a MFLB, is it worth the 120ishh price? im thinking about ordering one today

17. Registered just to give my two cents.

I've smoked out of many vaps before. The Dragon is def a cheap knock-off, but it works great for me.

I got it off ebay for $35, and i find that it works best if you do the following:

1) fully charged battery
    2) very finely ground up weed...spread over the service area, but thin - not a lot of nug
    3) hold down batter for about 5-7 seconds - and take a hit - repeat about 3-4 times

I have a very high tolarance and i've found that i've been getting extremly ripped off about .4-.5 using this little guy

hope this helps

18. [quote name='"jakechambers"']Registered just to give my two cents.

I've smoked out of many vaps before. The Dragon is def a cheap knock-off, but it works great for me.

I got it off ebay for $35, and i find that it works best if you do the following:

1) fully charged battery
    2) very finely ground up weed...spread over the service area, but thin - not a lot of nug
    3) hold down batter for about 5-7 seconds - and take a hit - repeat about 3-4 times

I have a very high tolarance and i've found that i've been getting extremly ripped off about .4-.5 using this little guy

hope this helps[/quote]

I just bought the arises q anD that seems to be the same as my 250 vale except the Firestone of Course because the arises w is. A desktop vapelolsssd anyways I'm happy you fond what works for you what's are the down sides of it though? How does it taste.

19. bought the dragon-lite and it broke within a day. Battery warms up but doesn't generate vapor. Got a few hits but it's really inconsistent in vapor output. Battery housing is loose compared to the MFLB, glass top cover is loose compared to MFLB, glass is plastic compared to pyrex in MFLB.

very unhappy w/ dragon lite and am very happy with the MFLB.

20. Hmm mine worked but I think both are a POS give too small of vape hits to get me high. I took the rubber grommet out of dragon and grind my herb it vaped fine just too small which is the same problem with MFLB.