Losing weight help

Discussion in 'General' started by Big Loki, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Ok guys im 19 and I've decided its time to lose the gut I accumulated after not being able to do a damn thing for 4 months after a weight lifting accident when I was 17, and get the old 6 pack back. Im 5'10" and weigh 256lb. The weight is pretty much just from bad eating and lack of exercise. My plan is to start drinking water asap and eating better, here is where I need everyones help. I really don't have time to cook because of work and I don't have the money to do the bag lunch thing so what would be good healthy choices for lunch? Im also gonna start walking in my free time and hopefully work my way back up to running a mile in 6min like when I was in shape. Another question I have is what are some good exercises I can do at home that will build muscle if I have no weights. My upper and lower body are still built pretty well and push ups just don't do anything for me. My goal is to get down to 200lbs and hopefully I can. I'll weight myself every Monday and post my results and say what I've done for the week.

2. #2 hoobustank, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    check youtube

3. Smoke a lot of weed and never eat, it works

4. #4 8ight, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
    how much time are you at work? i work at least 8 hours, usually 6-7 days a week. I drive an hour each way to get there. Then I go to school part time.

I still cook/prepare all my food. That's the way to go, so... maybe reevaluate your time/scheduling? Cooking some basic (yet healthy and delicious) food isn't that time consuming. And diet is the most important part of loosing weight, IMO. Way more important than exercise. You can still get fat from eating like shit even if you exercise too. But you won't get fat if you eat healthy but don't exercise.

I haven't found any "fast food" (by that, I mean any place you can be premade/easy to prepare meals) available that is on the same level as what I cook and prepare myself. The few that come close would cost me a fortune compared to buying and preparing the ingredients myself.

5. #5 KingOfKong, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
    Turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread is good. Stay away from that white bread garbage. Salads are nice too, but make sure you get some protein in there like chicken or fish or you're just going to be hungry again later. You'll also want to be thinking about healthy snack options. Dried cranberries are my favorite. They are loaded with fiber and antioxidents and help curb your appetite.

Working out is the hardest part I thInk. Walking is friggin boring, but you'll get used to it. If you want some support, feel free to talk to me. Only anothet overweight person can truly relate. People that have been thin all their lives will just tell you to stop eating so much, but that's only because they are stupid jackasses that have absolutely no perspective. I just started the journey myself and it's not easy. I feel a little bit stronger every day though, and that makes it worth it.

6. push ups do a lot for even professional lifters. Thats probably a good start to burn the weight off your arms and chest. With that you should incorporate sit ups to help trim your waist dude.

7. In the past 4 months I've went from 286lbs to 210lbs (6'0').

This is actually very simple to do. A few times a week go on a hike (minimum of 2 miles) or bike (minimum of 5 miles). That's simply to help you get in shape.. the real fat loss comes from your diet.

Here's what I eat daily:

Breakfast-
    Multigrain Cheerios (w/ fruit.. you can use blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
    Organic skim milk
    Chobani yogurt (for protein)

Lunch-
    Deli cut no-preservative turkey on 45 calorie Sara Lee whole grain bread with lettuce and tomato, a little fat free yellow mustard. Also an apple or orange.

You can also eat salads for lunch, use low fat Balsamic Vinegarette dressing.. none of that ranch bullshit.

Dinner:
    Don't use oils or butters. If your going to cook with onions and mushrooms and need them sauteed, use a little water.

I try to cook on the grill as much as possible for dinner. Skinless chicken breast, grilled salmon (or any type of fish), ground turkey, extra lean beef.

Here's an example of what I'm making tonight.

Turkey burgers (ground turkey, one egg white, chopped onions, seasoning) on 45calorie wheat buns, lettuce, tomato

Salad with lots of cucumbers, tomatoes, radish.

Just remember to eat as many raw vegetables and fruit as possible.

Don't drink soda or juice. (I suggest either water, sugar free koolaid, or green tea).

Don't eat before bed.

If you want a snack during the day or at night grapes or an apple are great. Otherwise a bowl of Multigrain cheerios isn't terrible for you.

Stay positive, keep focused. Most of all, don't weigh yourself daily.. once a week, on the same day, at the same time of day. That's the most accurate you'll get.

Good luck.

8. I don't believe you. I am 250 at 6'5 and i'm overweight. I doubt 200 at 5'10 would be a healthy weight for you. Unless you have been lifting since you were 13 and taking a lot of steroids.

You are morbidly obese. Stop eating so much. Start exercising. You will lose weight.

And how the fuck do you gain 56 pounds in 4 months?

9. [quote name='"soserious"']I don't believe you. I am 250 at 6'5 and i'm overweight. I doubt 200 at 5'10 would be a healthy weight for you. Unless you have been lifting since you were 13 and taking a lot of steroids.

You are morbidly obese. Stop eating so much. Start exercising. You will lose weight.

And how the fuck do you gain 56 pounds in 4 months?[/quote]

No one cares if you believe him. The guy asked for advice, not your judgement.

The healthy range is different for everyone, due to it being based off BMI. Personally my "optimal health" weight is 195lbs at 6'0.

As for him gaining 56lbs in 4 months... That's pretty easy, lot of shit food and sitting around lol

10. Drink lots and lots of green tea. Not the bottled kind but the tea bags you buy at the store, at least 3 cups throughout the day.

And lots and lots of water! Drink a glass of water first thing when you wake up, before your morning coffee/breakfast/whatever. Everyday.

11. [quote name='"DaWood"']push ups do a lot for even professional lifters. Thats probably a good start to burn the weight off your arms and chest. With that you should incorporate sit ups to help trim your waist dude.[/quote]

Well I know its gonna sound weird but my arms and legs pretty much have no fat on them. There straight muscle so doing push ups and squats with no weight just gets boring. I also heard that if you start doing situps before you lose the stomach the muscle that builds underneath will make you look fatter.

12. [quote name='"soserious"']I don't believe you. I am 250 at 6'5 and i'm overweight. I doubt 200 at 5'10 would be a healthy weight for you. Unless you have been lifting since you were 13 and taking a lot of steroids.

I've been lifting since I was 12. When I was 16 I was 200lb and could run a mile in 6mins easy. I can also bench 350lb and squat 500lb. I have a really wide chest and my calves are about the size of an NFL size football. Im just built different than most people. Like my family doc said the first time he saw me " damn your big". I was also played full back in highschool so im no slow guy.

13. All about your diet. No amount of push ups or sit ups are going to make you lose fat. That's a fact.

Go paleo or stay fat and unhealthy like every other American eating a diet comprised of way too many grains.

14. [quote name='"soserious"']I don't believe you. I am 250 at 6'5 and i'm overweight. I doubt 200 at 5'10 would be a healthy weight for you. Unless you have been lifting since you were 13 and taking a lot of steroids.

I tore a muscle in my hip and it bled into my hip joint causing me to get a staph infection which started eating the bone from the inside out. My hip was so fucked up the doc said I couldn't walk for 4 months and I had a tube going in threw a vein into my arm all the way to my heart so I couldn't do any upper body exercises. I was also use to eating a lot because I needed the calories for all the lifting and running I was doing. So I was eating probably 3x the amount of calories a normal person eats but I couldn't burn them off. So thats how I gained 56lbs in 4 months.

15. Dude seriously?

Your posting how to lose wait on a WEED forum.

Full of STONERS.

Lol, you should ask this on a health and nutrion forum.

16. I have one word for you.

Insanity.

If you really want to get fit in a hurry then I suggest high intensity cardio. Hit that 180 heart rate and maintain it between 150 and 180 bpm for a solid 30 minutes every day. Your legs are the largest muscles in your body so the more they work the more calories they burn throughout the day as they heal.

Watch your caloric intake and cut out gluten.
    Most of the time when a person feels hungry they are really just thirsty. Ensure you get 2 liters minimum of water every day. 4 liters won't be hard to do if you're hitting the plyo and cardio hard enough.
    It is important not to starve yourself. Figure you probably need 2,800ish calories per day to maintain your ideal weight with moderate exercise. So consume 2,500ish calories daily and your body won't enter a fat storing starvation while allowing you to carve out about a pound worth of calories every week.
    Cheese and ice cream are out.
    Lunch should consist of a good amount of "caveman" food. Almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds (in moderation of course). Fresh fruit and veggies, like apples, carrots, celery, broccoli, and grapes. I also suggest something like an Ensure or Slimfast nutrition shake to get enough protein and fiber to feel full without spiking your calories.

The best results come from several smaller meals through the day. Don't eat less than 2 hours before bed time. You should wake up hungry and hit a solid 700 cal breakfast. Then a 250cal snack. A 500 cal lunch. Another 250 cal snack. Then a solid 800 cal dinner.

Working out in the morning, before your breakfast, will dramatically boost your metabolism through the day. It is tough, but get to bed earlier and with good nights sleep wake up an hour early to get in a gnarly workout at least 3x per week.

When I was 18 I had ballooned up to 255 on a 6'2" frame. And not enough of that was muscle. I did these crazy workouts from 6am to 7:30 on MWF. They included a lot of plyometrics, jump rope, core, agility training, and power lifting. I found power clean, clean and jerk, and snatching to improve my fast twitch muscle fibers which facilitated greater gains on the cardio side. After just 6 weeks I had cut down to 185lbs. I spent the next 6 months adding 20lbs of solid muscle.

During that time I was working with the fitness trainer for the 99-00 St. Lewis Rams (they won the Super Bowl that year). He took what I knew about training from men's fitness magazines and made it a reality. Other than a proper exercise program I also have to suggest to you to completely adopt the paleo diet, with lots of water.

Best of luck man. If you get on the insanity program you will see results. It is packed full of exercises you can do in your bedroom without much more space than a 6x4 area.

17. [quote name='"8ight"']how much time are you at work? i work at least 8 hours, usually 6-7 days a week. I drive an hour each way to get there. Then I go to school part time.

I still cook/prepare all my food. That's the way to go, so... maybe reevaluate your time/scheduling? Cooking some basic (yet healthy and delicious) food isn't that time consuming. And diet is the most important part of loosing weight, IMO. Way more important than exercise. You can still get fat from eating like shit even if you exercise too. But you won't get fat if you eat healthy but don't exercise.

I haven't found any "fast food" (by that, I mean any place you can be premade/easy to prepare meals) available that is on the same level as what I cook and prepare myself. The few that come close would cost me a fortune compared to buying and preparing the ingredients myself.[/quote]

My schedule sounds exactly like yours.

18. #18 Ryan Ron, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    Vitamins and protean is very important element of human body.
    We should to take balance diet and supplements to improve our fitness and wealth.

-------------------------------------
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGS1ZbmoMxU]miami fat grafting[/ame]

19. [quote name='"soserious"']I don't believe you. I am 250 at 6'5 and i'm overweight. I doubt 200 at 5'10 would be a healthy weight for you. Unless you have been lifting since you were 13 and taking a lot of steroids.

He would have to be huge. He could have a large frame though.

20. Sorry to hear about the injury big man that sucks what happend! If you are trying to get back into the swing of things try to get into the pool till you feel you cardio is starting to build a higher tolerance. Once you are confident start to hit the running again eventually lifting your intensity levels and this will help shed fat. Do that with a healthy diet weight should shed off you quickly. Eat Eggs,chicken,salmon,shrimp,brown rice,yogurt,vegetables fruit, nuts, and lots of water. I stick to this and it has dont the trick its very boring and I love food but if your goal is trying to lose weight there has to be sacrifice!