how many pc gamers are out there?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by wtfjusthappened, Jun 18, 2012.

1. [quote name='"cleverlight"']Idk about blizzard dying... They are easily the strongest game developer in the world, the only one even close is EA and that isnt even close. Still no one has surpassed their sales records or suscriber records WoW set. I am pissed at Blizzard for straight up lying about the release of the followup starcraft sequels, but I realize atm they are far from being dethroned.[/quote]

I meant Blizzard is dying as a quality gaming company. They've disappointed their hardcore fans too many times just to cater to the masses of derps. My opinion.

2. Your opinion is quite valid sir. I agree with your correction. Problem is, there is no money in making games for us hardcore gamers it seems. Look and every good studio and every good studio arm of the major companies. all closed.....

3. Look at WoW, used to be actually somewhat hard. Everything took more skill back in vanilla, now its just facerolling. Seriously they added quest helpers and just a bunch of shit that made it kind if overly easy. they made it so younger people can play but they pretty much fucked up a lot of solid parts in the game. Not to mention increase the fucking idiot/gamer ratio.

4. I understand though why blizzard is doing it. My question to yall guys is why isnt there another way to do it? Like hard mode servers or like diablo3 has HC. Maybe Wow could have servers built with hardcore and seasoned veteran in mind.

5. [quote name='"cleverlight"']I understand though why blizzard is doing it. My question to yall guys is why isnt there another way to do it? Like hard mode servers or like diablo3 has HC. Maybe Wow could have servers built with hardcore and seasoned veteran in mind.[/quote]

Nope. Takes too much time and resources to cater to the actual gamers, rather than making bank on morons.

6. Yeah :) Got bored of D3 very fast (Level 37)
    Now playing CoD MW2 and Black Ops. Sometimes APB reloaded. :)

7. Yeah I stopped playing d3 as a level 38 monk. I may go back and level my character sometime. It sucks though because there is nothing new or innovative coming out for pc or consoles. Most free to play games are better than the ones made huge corporations these days. It will turn around eventually. When the noobs realize there killing the industry.

8. I am getting into PC games once again now that I have a pretty decent setup. I, like many of you, have gotten bored with Diablo 3. I have a level 60 demon hunter and a 60 monk. Both are in Act III Inferno and it's just not fun anymore. I've been playing L.A. Noire, Blacklight Retribution, and LOTRO.

9. Edit: deleted

10. Been playing Starcraft 2...and uhm...some more Starcraft 2.

I'm really contemplating buying The Secret World. The game looks fantastic, but the last time i played a funcom game(Age of Conan) the launch was shit and they never polished the game fully.

11. World of Tanks. Pretty fucking legit mmo.

12. I've almost always been a PC gamer at heart. I was playing Duke Nukem 3D when I was in third grade.

Now I'm playing Phantasy Star Online 2. There's a language barrier, but I'm having too much fun with it.

13. Right chair. Guess who just into CS:GO beta? Thank you Based Gaben.

14. I am a PC gamer....

15. I've been laying a lot of older RPGs through GoG.com. They sell them pre set up with dosbox and no DRM. If you hardcore guys are looking for a challenge check out ultima underworld 1+2, or the Ishtar series.

16. Been playing the shit out of Killing Floor, now that the new update was released. That game's pretty intense, tons of fun, especially while stoned.

Besides that, been playing DayZ, Team Fortress 2, Skyrim, Morrowind, Left 4 Dead, and Garry's Mod.

17. I am a PC gamer but wanting to break into ps3 gaming.

I am running out of stuff to play TBH. Not sure what to play, ive tried everything. Its a malady! And right now just sitting at home cuz im not from USA and the heat in Texas is killing me. I need something to play!

This streak (since winter and breaking my leg in an accident): WoW, followed by SW:TOR (only got to about 50 if I recall correctly.) League of Legends, Diablo 3 a wizard and a demonhunter in inferno - DH even had half decent equips for a day 4 inferno/level 60 dh. I got pissed with that game being so dumb and played Torchlight off steam (after pre-ordering it along with TL:2). LOVED that game tbh. It was a real breath of fresh air after playing D3 - which is a well made action RPG game,imo, and with a very lively and engaging battle system. Not to mention solid graphics fitting the presentation of the game. But TL:2 had independent creativity and an ART STYLE that was ALL ITS OWN. But I reached the last boss on my first 5-6 hour run of the game, and it was over too quick. I played through with two other classes then got bored of it. The graphics are amazing for gen1. I tried D2 and BG2. Both look like crap. I liked NWN a LOT but I can't play it again with the graphics it has, and NWN2 looks like it sucks compared to 1 in terms of gameplay and such.

I used to play UT2004 really well and competitively a long time ago - and I tried it an UT3. The former seems to have died out as a community (and im not so good at it anymore apparently) and the latter has a changed playstyle and a casualization I don't like. I am playing SF4 in arcade mode and will play online but it is an ass whooping.

18. If you like rts and a challenge, you should try out Wargame: European Escalation. WEE is like a brainier World in Conflict, with better scenario design and more sophisticated gameplay. When you're first starting out, it'll probably feel like the most overwhelming rts you've ever played but its so fun once you get the hang of everything. It also comes with a great mp community, though it's not a hugely popular game. I'm trying to spread the word around because, tbh, this is one of the most underrated new games out there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaIe9T_VDWc]Wargame: European Escalation NATO Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

19. [quote name='"fenix420"']If you like rts and a challenge, you should try out Wargame: European Escalation. WEE is like a brainier World in Conflict, with better scenario design and more sophisticated gameplay. When you're first starting out, it'll probably feel like the most overwhelming rts you've ever played but its so fun once you get the hang of everything. It also comes with a great mp community, though it's not a hugely popular game. I'm trying to spread the word around because, tbh, this is one of the most underrated new games out there.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaIe9T_VDWc[/quote]

This game caught my eye tbh. I've been playing a lot of Super Monday Night Combat lately so I don't have much time for another game.