Transformer Tubes

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 420EMTI, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Does anybody know any websites where you can pick up transformer tubes with cosmetic defects at reasonable price and if so could you please comment back with the links

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I would recomend going to another site about vaporization (F%&K Combustion) and look for a code there, you can purchase it from the manufacturer for about $55.  You may have to read the entire blog, about TT, for the code, but it's there.   Go to the manufactures site, pick one of their already made Kit units, type in the code and get 15% off.  I would recommend anyone check out this site.  Most of the vaporizer manufactures do.  I may have this post deleted, because I mention another site, but they don't sell anything. Therefore, there not Grass City's competitor.
    Is this what you're looking for.
    Someone said the TT are inexpensive:  I'm disabled and on a very small fixed income (what's inexpensive to you may mean a meal to someone else).  If I saw $10 dollars on the street I would pick it up and be happy.  If I save $10 bucks it makes me happy.  I like being happy and would chose to spend my $10 on "other" things.   

3. I'm not looking for a site that offers a discount I know that there's a few sites out there that offer the turbo tubes at a very reasonable rate because they have cosmetic defects like a drop of glue on them this allows the companies who sell these two sell them at a very reasonable price for a cosmetic defect I know of one of these sites the site is called http://www.tubesale.org/index.php i'm just wondering if there's more

4. I never knew there was a site that sold used TT.  I need to get out more...
    Thanks

5. #25 theicemanmypass, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    The products I'm talking about are not used they are brand-new products that have a slight imperfection on them cosmetically which is why transformer tubes chooses not to sell them there's nothing wrong with them functionally the only problems are cosmetic so third-party websites buy them at a very low rate and choose to sell them i'll leave one link to a company if anybody knows of any other companies that sell these cosmetically defected products

http://www.tubesale.org/index.phpplease[/url] leave their links

6. So im reading this and it looks like im the only one that has had problems with this product oh at first I loved it but my was no where nesr as durable as some cheap glass I owned ive litteraly just have mine tip over and snap at the thread on multiple preices or not seal right so far outa the almost 250 bucks ive invested in it the only peice I still have that has not broken or been replaced is the mouth piece has anyone else had problems with their transformer tubes

7. I've been holding back buying the TT; I'm interested to see how the manufacturer deals with your issue.  All the products I have purchased were from the US or Canada so the customer service is always great.  I have never dealt with TT, so it should be interesting.  I emailed them once, and they never returned with an answer. It may be my computer didn't send it; I like to put the onus on me and not TT.  Please notify the manufacterer, and keep us updated.  How this turns out will show me if I buy one of their products. I only like to buy products from reputable companies. Thanks for posting your experience. 

8. I have the same problem with mine I've had to rebuild the threads with epoxy and I insulated the threads from leaking air with plumbers tape now it works fine but it's a never ending struggle to keep it airtight but when it's working right it's amazing

9. But I've completely customized mine as well and made it airtight and unique especially in black lights with my homemade Kusey to keep my ice cold three times as long

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407429739.187553.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407429753.520850.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407429764.923332.jpg

10. I guess that makes up my decision.

caveat emptor

Thanks

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407440934.004244.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407440959.922495.jpg
    The trick to keeping it from leaking is by wrapping the outside of the threads with something airtight I use gas line plumbers tape and then wrap that up with gorilla duct tape on the outside so if there were cracks in it or the threads it wouldn't leak through and then I wrapped the threads in weather resistant gorilla duct tape gas line and plumbers tape by wrapping the threads in my figure weather resistant gorilla duct tape it creates a barrier where the bong can band and I don't have to worry about my threads cracking because the duct tape and plumbers tape act like a rubber barrier allowing that to seal and move without too much pressure on the threads allowing them not to get damaged and last longer

12. Well Ronp the first time they replaced all like 6 or 7 peices with little friction and thry 2 day express mail but im not asking for another 9 peices. And icemanmypass the method u used were ur threads completely broke or just cracked and how mine on the female thread end would split along the thread the mail end would crack at the top and run down on the peices

13. I don't need any more headaches.  I could run my vaporizer though a Mason jar bubbler for pennies.  I have a glass jar, a drill, grommets, and some hose.  I figured a TT water pipe would be nice addition to my collection, but I'll put my $150 to better use. 
    I know you've had a bad experience with your TT, but when I have bad experiences with a company or product, I post it, and if enough people complain the company either fixes their products, continues to sell their defective products for cheap, or they go out of business. 
    I'm interested if TT makes your water pipe right and stands behind their product. Keep us all informed.   
    Remember, it may be simply a bad batch of tubes or a longevity issue due to not enough research and development.  

14. I just sent them an email to request replacement parts I'll let you know when they message me back and what they say

15. Weill jakeu022090 I had the exact same problem cracking on the outside male thread as well as the complete breaks that separated them on Male and female threads my milking chamber female thread broke off completely once that happens I noticed there were cracks on all of my female ends I use epoxy to seal the cracks and to rebuild the broke off thread on the milking chamber once I sealed the top and the bottoms of the threads Iraq the female threads with plumbers tape and then duct tape to seal the cracks from leaking I've been wrapped the Mal and in duct tape and then plumbers tape over that they hit beautifully now if anybody has any suggestions and how they fix the errors or what they've done once they broke I'd love to hear him

16. So I emailed them and transformer tubes just got back to me once I sent them photos of the damaged parts they emailed me back asking me what color I wanted the new parts and they sent me cosmetic imperfections ones but considering they sent them at no cost to me I'm okay with that

17. That is so cool.  I love to see a good company stand behind their products.

18. I'll take a photo of the products once they arrive in the mail to keep you guys updated

19. They're here had to customize them before I could show them off ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408382548.154360.jpg

20. Hope you got a ladder and long arms I just got new parts for my transformer tubes bong now it's over 4 feet tall ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408385927.638006.jpg