Transformer Tubes

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 420EMTI, Jun 18, 2012.

1. so does anybody have any comments or opinions or maybe experiences with Transformer Tubes. My local head shop is one of 3 distributors in my state. they don't have any in stock yet though. apparently there is a huge backorder.

http://www.transformertubestore.com/

2. It's plastic, so to be perfectly honest, its cheap.

3. Plastic? Couldn't pay me to smoke out of it, just being honest.

4. somehow i doubt there is a huge back order. he is probably an official retailer but doesnt want to embarrass himself by putting it on his shelves

5. that's what i was afraid of.

seems like a nice concept though none the less. modular, collapsible, customization, easy to swap out parts.

6. little transformer tubes....i like!

7. you can buy them off their website. my friend has one it's pretty wild. and it does use a glass downstem and bowl so none of the plastic melts. honestly i can't tell the difference between it and glass

8. US Tubes does essentially the same thing but with glass.

9. #9 fecaldownpour, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    Actually, the Transformer Tube is made out of Lexan (IE bulletproof material e: not glass but you know what I mean). Its the same thing most vapes and the Incredibowl use for their plastic pieces. Not some cheap acrylic crap, you can actually drive a car over it. One of the dudes that created the thing actually put a base under every wheel on his jeep and jumped around on it. I'll post the pic when I show off my own TT.

Having bought and used it for nearly a year (yes these ARE on backorder considering demand and the size of the company, pretty small) I can absolutely say I don't miss glass whatsoever. Mine is about five and a half feet tall if I build it completely and I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed, it really works as good as heady glass and once built to completion, it delivers the coldest and smoothest hits.

10. 1 post wonda.

11. Right, because I'd rather buy stuff on this website than join the community.

No offense, I just don't do message boards. But having owned a TT for nearly a year, I thought I could at least share my experiences as an owner instead of somebody who hasn't touched the thing in their life. I was also one of the first to own one of these bad boys. Your post is only making me want to use it and take a pic even more.

:)

12. #12 fecaldownpour, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    I have to say, one of the best parts about the TT is that you can take it apart and it will take up nearly the same amount of room needed for much smaller pieces.

Well here's my piece.
    transformerh.png

From the top down, we have a mouthpiece, a freezer module (stick it in a freezer and it will stay cold for around 30 minutes), a milking chamber (empty tube), 4 umbrella percs, two more milking chambers, and a pebbled hyperperc. I find this to be the best configuration of what I have.

To elaborate on the freezer module, the inside has non-toxic anti-freeze with stainless steel tubes to effectively cool down smoke. Unlike small metal pipes, you never heat up the metal on this bad boy so you don't have to worry about that wonky taste. There are various colors and varieties of freezer modules but mine specifically glows an electric blue underneath a UV light. Pretty nifty, I'll post that later.

The umbrella percs are just dome percs. Nothing special but four of them get the job done quite well. Almost too well ;)

The pebbled hyperperc is where this baby really shines. In combination with the freezer module, the hyperperc makes using the Transformer Tube well worth the time and money. Better than any other perc method I've used. Not only does it percolate so well that you can't tell how much you taken in until you blow out or start coughing, it also cools to such a ridiculous level that some people don't think the freezer modules are necessary. However, I find that if one keeps the freezer module at the top under the mouthpiece, you'll find the smoke is actually VERY COLD making it even easier to take massive rips. I have two milking chambers situated above it just to make sure the water does not splash up into the dome percs. As you can see, it works by sucking up the water and smoke from the base, splashing around the smoke and pebbles to create a very violent percolation method. I've heard comments that it looks like a tornado when being used.

I packed snow into the milking chambers this winter and I must say, that was the best experience I've ever had, glass or no.

Also, this thing is too big for me to use by myself, even with a BBQ lighter. :( However, you can pack the entire bowl to the brim and then cash half a bowl if you want to get a major case of couch lock. That's only for advanced users of course. ;)

13. I have one and I absolutely love it. I am on the other side of the state from OP, and our LHS has them. I have the base, one dome perc and a milking chamber plus mouth piece. I plan on adding more to it once we sign the papers for our house and i can store it in my man cave away from the children.

14. i just gotta say heating up metal is why it gets nastier and nastier tasting over time....just the fact your running smoke through it is all it needs :/

15. interesting concept... but I can't get over the plastic, whether or not it's some high quality poly-gayponyate-phaggis shit

16. I'm from CT as well, what headshop was that? How much was it?

17. Northern Lights in Groton. I think it was 79 plus tax.for the base, dome perc, milking chamber, mouthpiece, bowl and downstem

18. How tall is it?

19. Mine is maybe a foot, foot and a half totally assembled.

20. #20 Transformerpoison, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    These things are awesome i have one that is 5 foot with supper percolation and cooling, its the only bong the you can take a hit this big and it still is supper smooth. If anyone else has one i recommend a glycerin coil to cool the smoke right away then get as many water/percolation features as you can, and then cool again before the mouth piece, its perfection.   There is no better way to smoke.

People who say that its plastic and that its worse than glass they are so wrong, the material is supper durable and is supper easy to clean, i clean mine every other monday and every time it looks brand new!!!