G-Pen

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by denieddd, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Ya I seen em but I wouldn't feel the need for the investment. Though I give them credit, was a brilliant idea. Just not for me

2. I just ordered one off of your guys remarks, looks like a deal for the price. Is it comparable to the Atmos? My buddy just got one and I enjoyed it.

3. Just bought my G pen last night, having difficulties getting it to perform properly. Even basic functions like the locking and unlocking. Anyone else had similar bugs?

4. [quote name='"mas bubbles"']Just bought my G pen last night, having difficulties getting it to perform properly. Even basic functions like the locking and unlocking. Anyone else had similar bugs?[/quote]

Lock and unlock is clicking the button 5 times. Shouldn't be hard. What other problems?

5. my LHS just got these, one will be mine if the reviews keep coming back good

6. I like them for on the go, like in a car. My dislike is that I can't really get a big heavy hit like off a nail. My buddy got his through LAX airport and said he hit it in the planes bathroom blowing the hit in the toilet as he flushed it(they have suction) He just told security that it was an electronic cigarette. I wouldn't recommend trying as if you get caught you are fucked.

7. Hey thinking of buying one. Some questions. What is the maximum fill capacity? How many puffs off one maximum filled cartridge? Is it required to change the cartridge regularly or can I reuse the one as long as I want?

8. [quote name='"iam matt"']once you get the gtank broken in (the wicks saturated with oil) you can smoke on a single dab for like an hour.[/quote]

Whats the easiest wayto coverthe wicks fully

9. How much do you guys usually load in yours to go about your day? Or do you just carry around some oil and load it as you go? I want something I can load up and last me all day.

10. [quote name='"Robot Mania FU"']How much do you guys usually load in yours to go about your day? Or do you just carry around some oil and load it as you go? I want something I can load up and last me all day.[/quote]

I put in a pretty big dab worth and it will last me at least 2 good sesh on the go's

11. Got mine about a week and a half ago for $64 w/ express shipping (48hrs to my door). I've loaded it up with about 1.5gs of oil and it has given fat milky rips from the start. Been worth every penny, If this thing lasts me another few weeks I will be happy, I've abused the shit out of it showing it to friends.
    Would recommend for anyone that smokes multiple times a day, or even someone on the go a lot. I also found the mouth end fits nicely on the end of an 18.8mm male joint, so it basically eliminates the need for a nail setup (Didn't dab with the nail until 6 days straight of using the g pen.) It even fit on some of the cylinder shaped domes we have.
    I did a side to side comparison with the Atmos Raw.
    The G pen won with everyone, even the atmos owner.

12. I see all these reviews on here about how great this thing is, but online I see nothing but people complaining about cartridges breaking and what not. This thing seems perfect but the people complaining about it scare me.

13. #33 gmartx, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
    Apparently they are coming out with a glass cartridge "tank" that looks somewhat promising

14. [quote name='"gmartx"']Apparently they are coming out with a glass cartridge that looks somewhat promising[/quote]

Ive heard ofthis..

But they also said they were comming out with a dry herb attachment also... Its the waiting game

15. The glass tank is true. Go to their website and you can preorder it. 50 bucks...glass with titanium heating element. which just seems like it going to work so amazing.

I'm ordering 2 tomorrow

16. 8 days til it's released

17. [quote name='"shibby22one"']The glass tank is true. Go to their website and you can preorder it. 50 bucks...glass with titanium heating element. which just seems like it going to work so amazing.

I'm ordering 2 tomorrow[/quote]

Ah fuck yes!!!!

18. #38 AfganiKush, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    Ive been eyeing one of these for a while now. Since the semester just started up i need something to dab in between classes, and its a hassle to bring a rig and torch in the car. The only thing that concerns me is the price and quality of materials. Its so affordable i feel like they had to cut a few corners. Ive never used on or seen one in real life(i have used e-cigs tons of times in the past though), but ive heard a lot of different opinions on this thing. Some say that it has a lot of plastic components and that your most likely heating up the plastic. And when i see people override the auto switch off feature(the one that only lets you rip it so long), it makes me think that the plastic could get very hot and release some fumes..Can anyone who owns one chime in about the plastic and how close it is to the heating element. These things look so damn convenient and affordable, but i cherrish my health more than my money. But since theyre releasing this glass tank and titanium element maybe that would solve some issues.

19. I just ordered mine. I can't wait :)

20. I was thinking the same thing about taking it to school for btween classes. I have not made the switch to wax yet but the gpen is the biggest motivator. I like how everything looks so maintained about the thing. I was thinking of buying one with uncle sams money when my financial aid comes in. :smoke:

As for health issues, I smoked through all kinds of shit through the years so the gpen would be great even if it did burn the plastic. I am kidding you know.:D