Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Honestly man. you're putting too much thought into it. Weed is just weed. I smoke like an eighth a week with no problems. And when I dont have weed its just the same. it's what make it man. it shouldn't have that much control over you. you let it get that way.

2. hmm.

from my personal exp, ive let weed sort of control me. ive been blazing fairly heavy since like last spring, and sometimes i feel like a different personality comes out. its almost like i get a feeling of superiority, and i get madly narcisistic, like i could do this if i wanted, or think of ways to manipulate people.. although i never do if im smoking with people which is weird.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What the fuck is that? You want me to slap the livin shit outta you, or what?  :poke:

4. This was a good read and I felt like I was falling into a smoking everyday routine. You do feel much clearer in the head when you don't smoke everyday. Good post OP I agree with everything you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #305 StayLowGrows, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    Completely agree OP. Been going through this myself recently, although its not the first time. I kick myself if I smoke when I "should" be busting ass. So I don't smoke. Lo'n behold, I get a little further in life and start seeking enjoyment elsewhere. More times than not it happens to be by doing for others. High, I can't stand people. The lack of caring for important issues.

While some have no problems with smoking regularly, it's hard to ignore that weed does in fact get in most people's way of progressing through life. That's how I see it anyway...from a sober point of view.

6. I never really considered the tolerance thing, thats a really good and true idea. I usually smoke every afternoon after school just to calm my nerves and forget about the stress, but maybe i'll take more breaks and actually run out of weed this time. thanks dude

7. smiking wed evry day make me smart ahh

8. SMOKE GANJA ERRY MUDDAPHUCKIN DAY BIIIYACH!!!1

(Well its either that or put up with those damn withdrawal symptoms eh?)

9. #309 TesseLated, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    If you want a serious answer-You shouldn't make it a lifestyle-long time smoker here....It becomes not so special when it's an everyday thing. It will eventually lose it's charm. Use it only on the weekend...and even then, don't get couch crashed all day.

You'll enjoy it way more and be productive with all the other time you free up. Then you can truly enjoy it when you have all your shit done.

If you try and then find you can't do this-that will tell you you need to change from smoking everyday in and of itself.

10. I have been dry for a couple weeks and I still get the same amount of work done and I'm about the same (arguably worse) in how I handle my time. Weed is weed, just control yourself.

11. #311 StayLowGrows, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    But therein lies the problem. If American's could control themselves, the last 50 years wouldn't have gone the way the have would they?

EDIT: Actually, it's been longer than that if you think about it. But, once again, this is one piece of a very big puzzle that is way out of the scope of this discussion.

That question isn't directed at you Bluntzilla. Just something for everyone to ponder.

I don't think it's an America problem; it's a human problem. People resort to food, or booze, or drugs, or whatever else to break up the monotony of average daily life. Just my two cents.

13. Its one of the many crutches that people use to get through life. it has its positives and its negatives, and the positives DEFINITELY outdo the negatives but the bad and good thing is that smoking every day all day is a "safe" way to live life. by safe I mean You dont confront your inner demons causing the anxiety and depression in the first place (most of the time). Instead of confronting them you ignore them because its a hell of a lot easier to smoke a blunt and have a great time. Lifes short so why not right? why not enjoy each moment as much as you can? and if being high improves each moment, then why not be high til i die in this short life? HERE IS WHY. Look at your life like graph where the x axis as your lifetime and the y axis is over happiness/wellbeing. Smoking weed eventually kind of gets you to a plateau of happiness that meets most peoples expectations for themselves. You can pretty much smoke weed and meet that liveable/relatively happy life no what your situation (with exceptions of course). And so people chose this path because its really not a bad path at all. its fun, its loving and peaceful. its great. But do want to do something amazing with your life and expand your mind, soul and happiness to your highest elevated potential? Then the simple answer is you have to put in a ton of effort to rid yourself of ALL crutches. Thats impossible, i know, but as much as you can without going insane. When you do this and stop ignoring the truth deep inside your soul, you open your mind up to everything you have ever been delusional about, as well as the things that are linked to the initial delusional thought. When you come to terms with these things, your journey of self and world discovery increases. What is an easier life story to tell, one with a flawed foundation where everything is always going to be a little off and limited, or one with a strong true foundation to build upon forever? My basic point is that smoking yourself to a point where you need weed to get by without being miserable is just ignoring some truth because you may be too weak, too stubborn, or too unwilling to accept, or overcome in some cases. Long story short, you are limiting your potential severely and if you have something amazing you want to share with the world, smoking pot all the time will not get you there, unless your dream is pot related. 

So going back to what i said before about the timeline and the plateau with the x and y axis of time and happiness, if you want to break that plateau you have to smoke in moderation and use the amazing stuff you can learn sober., and if its such a bad crutch like it was for me, then you should stop everything for a month or 2 months or 2 years or 10 years (but id say still always smoke at least once a month). Im sure many of you know that feeling of coming to an incredible life conclusion or conclusion about yourself under the influence of a psychedelic.

Psychedelics basically make you feel a ton of anxiety and discomfort (while on it). When youre in that state of mind, your mind races and you make all the connections and understand life more, and seem to find the love behind everything and the bad stuff too. The more lies you have stored up in your brain the more anxiety you have. BREAKING THROUGH that anxiety and discomfort and finding truth lowers it and makes for one hell of a trip. Failing to break through can lead to a bad trip, or can simply not give you that wonderful feeling of bliss. General Anxiety in a way is your inner truth telling you that your wrong and this is your punishment. you will live with this horrible anxiety until you come to terms with whatever it is that you are simply confused about. Figure one thing out, your anxiety decreases accordingly. Figure 2 things out, the same. MY POINT. You can stop figuring this stuff out and going through the harsh process of overcoming a lack of truth and delusional thought by smoking yourself to an oblivion forever until you die. and it probably wont be that bad, or you can smoke in moderation and drop your crutch. 

You can hobble along on your crutch, or you can solve the injury, put the crutch down and start running, or skipping, or doing whatever the F it is your future maximum potential allows. This is all my personal opinion, and i smoked every day for years then stopped and had that same feeling of overwhelming joy the intial poster talked about. and cutting my weed down considerably changed my life for the better. I will never quit though, thats just dumb. 

weed is like a natural antidepressant, which copes not cures. Smoke it everyday and your happy and grateful enough but it doesnt solve the depression, just makes it more tolerable. take some time breaking your boundaries of comfort and anxiety while sober, and a new light will shine. And trust me, when you find happiness sober, it makes weed amazing beyond measure! its like i get the giggles again. YOU WANT THE GIGGLES AGAIN? stop lying to yourself, improve, and the more you improve, then better the weed becomes. 

Some are too weak dumb or brainwashed or have a severe mental illness preventing them ever finding the truth behind their delusions. and some dont care because they dont need to be happy, just happy enough, well the last thing im going to say is that after a long time of self exploration and disturbing and emotionally painful self truth discovery, I can say that I have overcome my severe anxiety. now when i smoke with a mind filled with clarity, it almost brings me to the point of tears (of happiness) every time... (keep in mind i smoke about 2x a month, if i smoked every day i would never feel that amazing). 

sorry. rant. read if you want. 

14. Is it not possible to have a perfectly healthy crutch?

-yuri

15. I'm just now making back here.

I'll deposit that two cents. Your absolutely right.

16. #316 StayLowGrows, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    Eh, fuck it.

Perfectly healthy? no. any crutch is still a crutch. its a way to get by. whether it is weed, cleaning, television/movies/videogames, refusing to spend time alone/hanging on to an unhealthy relationship, being obsessed with your job etc.  its still ignoring the underlining issue, and trust me theres ALWAYS an underlying issue. Smoking weed in moderation when you feel the need is not the same kind of crutch of smoking all the time to get through your entire life. thats my opinion, and im also one of those people that do not get anything done when i am high so it may be different for me as it is for others. ask yourself this, why do you smoke every day? and then analyze your answer and you might find something is a little off if your answer is you don't know, or because you like it, or its because youve been doing it so long etc. 

the only good crutches I can think of at the moment are working out, nutrition and like charity work. but at the same time, how many people go to the gym constantly because of insecurity vs health? It is not a crutch unless you are somehow injured without it. What is the injury is the real question! and yes crutches that help others are great, but in the long run it always comes down to why am I REALLY doing this? If you know why, then it might not be a crutch and really may be pure at heart. my opinion

18. #318 LittleJacob, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
    I don't know you, but thank you so much for that post. I've been feeling this and realizing this intuitively the past few weeks/months, but have failed to have the resolution to stick with an extended time away from the daily habit crutch. I'm ready to move past whatever has unconsciously been holding me back and actualize my full potential, because seeing and knowing my potential is so close yet not manifesting and coming to fruition sucks, and kills me. I know I can be so much more, I have visions and a calling, I long for greatness, and I just know that I can't bring that out fully when I am so content getting high and not doing much productively towards my future fulfillment and my destiny. Tired of coasting.

Thanks for posting man, your words have been very resonant.

19. Hi guys, this is my first post. I have decided to register and post because of this topic.
    Well, I think every person is different and you should know yourself to find your answers.
    In my case, I consider weed as a enhancer of our perceptions, feelings and emotions. It amplifies the nuances of everything.
    If you are listening to music, you will feel the textures of the instruments, the rhythms patterns, the poetry of the lyrics, the atmosphere, the mood, etc. If you are eating you will feel the tastes, the textures, the ingredients, etc. If you are walking outside, you will feel the breeze and its relationship with your skin, the conversations of the birds, the differences in color of the nature, the effects of the sunrays on your skin...
    When we are high or stoned we like to do things we enjoy or motivate us in life. We don't seek unpleasant things, we don't want to feel the nuances of the unpleasantness of life because they will be enhanced by our beautiful flowers, except that you want an artistic experience like watching a movie or reading a book with dramatic or horrifying contents. In this case, you know that they are not happening, you are enjoying it because its vivid and you feel connected to the art of it but you are completely safe .
    What happens if you are high everyday?. I think if you are on your vacation, have enough weed to cope with your tolerance and don't have any problems it could be a wonderful experience.
    However, everyday we have problems, maybe someone has an accident, you make a mistake in your job, you have an argument with your friends or girlfriend, etc. It would happen everyday, most of these problems aren't that important... when you are sober.
    Imagine you made an important mistake in your job and your are high on a sativa (I can't imagine myself stoned on indica and working at the same time). Would you laugh about it? or would you pay attention to the nuances of the situation. I would become paranoid as hell: faces looking at me, people talking about me, anxiety about your future, serious consequences, etc. Racing unpleasant thoughts.
    I have heard many people talking about panic attacks that make them to stop smoking because they can't handle them.
    Smoke, eat or vaporize if your are in safe environment with people that you trust in a moment of a day that you can relax, if you can have those variables controled everyday, Great! if you don't you are prone to be anxious, sad, depressed, slow, groggy, lazy, paranoid, etc
    I remember once I smoked and i was high for like two hours, at the moment the high was wearing off, there was an earthquake. I felt the whole world was going to end. At that moment I thought "What would I feel if the earthquake happened a the peak of my highness"

On the other hand, I get high in order to apreciate life, because I discover things in a diferent state of mind. When you are high all the time
    you won't discover these things because you don't have a "different" state of mind. You get used to it, it's not fun or interesting anymore. Doing the same things all the time is boring, even if you love it. It's like having sex all the time or eating the same thing all the time. Nothing doesn't get boring and uninteresting if you don't miss it now and then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1