Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Something being true for you doesn't make it true for everyone else man.

2. it does if we are all one person

-yuri

3. That's a true if statement. There is of course no science behind that theory but if it is a religious belief of yours I'm not gunna tell you its not true. I just don't believe in it.

4. I don't believe it either but there are lots of poster here that believe we are not individuals

-yuri

5. #285 ReturnFire333, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    tl:dr but from the title, smoking weed at all is not healthy in relation to benefits, at all.

6. Ive been smoking for roughly 4 years and the last 2 ive been high every waking moment outside of work. And over the last year or so ive been dealing with severe social anxiety, I was using weed as a social lubricant to help me deal with group situations/ meeting new people. Ive been struggling with this issue for awhile and tho its not the fault of the weed but that of my own doing I decided to take a break. Im 6 days sober now which dosnt seem like much but its the longest ive gone since a month or two after I started, ive seen a improvement in my self confidence since and I plan on stopping until I can fix my own issues or hell, maybe longer.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I think too much of anything can lead you into a world of craze. Tha that's why is important for one to keep every thing in balance and harmonies with all that life gives. Therefore your not missing anything special.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #288 Sam_Spade, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    Total Crutch.

9. Its like i've been telling people lately.  My life is straight.  I don't smoke because I have problems.  I smoke because I enjoy being high.  My life is the perfect cut of steak and weed is its seasoning. 

Sometime I slow it down(I see they call it t-breaks)when I start to feel like I'm walking in a permanent cloud.

10. depends on the person..

i'm going on almost 30 years of daily weed smoking, and i think i'm doing ok.

worked hard, retired early.. smoked lots of pot in between.

11. OP sounds like the type of person to get stoned and get negatively introspective.  I try to stay away from those types.[​IMG]

12. Was smoking multiple grams daily for the past like 2 years. Right now I haven't smoked in 3 weeks, and I honestly feel fantastic. I was in a slight depression because i wasn't doing things right in my life, but was smoking every day. I would smoke in the morning, then decide i didnt feel like going to class. This doesn't apply to everyone but i feel like if you're not satisfied with things in your life, and haven't stopped smoking. Give it a chance, the first week of not smoking was a huge change. I plan on smoking again in the future after a couple months break, but I don't want to get into it again like I was. I would rather think clearly on a daily basis and when I do smoke, get a satisfying high as a reward. Not smoke so much that it only lasts for an hour and i have to smoke more and more.

Such an amazing post, great insights and just plain honest.  Cheers to you brother.

Stay green.

14. #294 squidrick420, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
    Sometimes I see it as a crutch, but then when I take a T break it doesn't matter how long I go I will always end up miserable and sick of sobriety. I am currently exhausted from band practice and drinking the past few hours plus I have my engineering classes early in the morning so I don't feel like typing a fuck load. But anyways, moral of the story (at least for my life) is that I can't imagine life without weed. With it I am more social, I perform better in school (I have the most honors credits out of anybody at my college, well technically I am tied with 4 others with the exact same courses), I am able to play much more intricate musical pieces, and above all I am a nice person with weed and a total dick without it. If my vision wasn't all wobbly from a bunch of New Belgium at band practice I would continue this post, but seeing as how I just wanna raise hell on Gran Turismo 5 after being away from home all day I will stop here. Maybe I'll wander back into this thread to post in more detail about why my life is better with weed even if it is a crutch when I am a bit more sober. :bongin:  

15. I've been smoking for about 4 years, daily for 2.5 years now, and lately I've been realizing it's too much. I want to take a break and then start again but in moderation? I've tried taking T-Breaks but I can't because all my friends smoke and my boyfriend smokes and I live with him. I've realized that I'm addicted. Not physically but I think I am mentally addicted, a crutch so to speak. I was considering going to rehab for like a month but a) I feel like I'd look dumb for going to rehab for pot but I smoke a LOT not like a few Gs a day, but serious smoking. And b) my boyfriend wouldn't want a gf in rehab and he wouldn't like me being gone for a period of time. And c) most of my family thinks I quit smoking pot when I was 16. I know this wasn't really an advice thread but what do you think I should do? :/

16. I just don't get the same high anymore. And everything just seems kinda foggy? Like everyone's doing stuff and I'm just kind of watching? I feel like I'm not being as productive as I used to be but I still don't have a job (though I am in hairdressing school full timetime so I kinda have an excuse but I know I should also have a job )

17. your boyfriend sounds like a douche. if you wanna quit smoking, then quit. if you can't restrain yourself, don't be around it.

18. I try not to smoke too much because I have been a constant smoker in the past. I've gotten to the point where sobriety felt weird and uncomfortable. That's probably not a healthy way to be. 

19. cannabis affects people differently

20. Hell yeah man, it can be used as an escape, just like video games, alcohol, meditation, even reading. I have an addictive personality but smoking all the time makes it less fun, and your tolerance gets too high too fast