Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

So do you smoke it "as needed" or do you have a basic amount that you smoke, like in the morning, to head off any anxiety attack that might happen that day?  I'm sincerely asking because I have long been trying to do it "as needed" but I tend to put it off and put it off (even as I can feel that I'm getting really stressed and ready to blow up) then I DO blow up or crash because I waited to long to medicate.  In the past (not presently) I have been on anti-depressants and they kind of work that way, keeping a deep funk away before it happens.  

What do you all think?  What works best for you and why?

2. Weed is different for everyone. Fortunately for me, I am someone who can smoke all day and not suffer.

Being a college student, weed motivates me and helps me stay calm and focused.

I get a lot accomplished while high. Like a 23 page paper. In like 4 hours.

I always forget to smoke because I get high and distracted.

3. Most days I'll wake and bake with either 1 bowl from a pipe or one session of my arizer solo. This just wakes me up and puts me in a good mood. Makes me look forward to the day.

Then, once I get home from class and/or work, I'll smoke a bowl with my lunch. Then I smoke while doing homework. Once I'm done with my work, I spend the rest of my day getting as high as I can.

I find that if I don't smoke in the morning, I'm more grumpy and less motivated throughout the day.

4. #264 TheLostMan, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    I'll admit that some days that I do in fact wake and bake.

If I can feel something starting to onset the attack I'll also smoke a little bit. I have a cap on how much I'll actually let myself smoke, that will probably change when I get my vape.

After smoking everyday for a while, sometimes multiple times, I'm cutting back significantly, I don't want this to lose its effectiveness. Luckily for me I've not had much of a problem with getting work done, both chores and homework. Although this strain i have right now, this is a little hard to concentrate.

5. #265 Handyman75, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    You know, smoking everyday doesn't have to live to whatever standard you want. If a person does bad in life they'll blame it on weed. Which is why I don't talk to people who think drugs cause problems. And if you can't go a day without green for whatever reason. Maybe you need to go and figure that reason out. Why you are filling the void with.

Smoking could be bad or good for different people daily. I don't think the OP should have presented the question in the way they did.

6. I have been smoking everyday, but I will have to stop since I want a job when I graduate college. Anyway, smoking has helped me through so much stress and it has actually helped me to stay focused in school since it relaxes me.

7. I have recently taken up writing as a freelance practice, so I have been writing a lot lately, I find that when I'm baked I can get incredibly productive as well, also really creative of course. Recently have been more of a productive smoker than anything else. In the beginning, years ago I would smoke almost purely for recreational purposes but now, I find that I want to do something constructive with that state of being, when I don't take advantage and just chill, its ok, but its so much better when I am getting something constructive done at the same time!

8. I know what you mean. I get a very fulfilling feeling when I finish a piece while I'm stoned. Makes the high feel better.

9. I think moderation is key in just about everything

10. Drugs are only a crutch for weak-willed people.
    If you do it right, drugs can enhance much of your life.

11. #271 Messiah Decoy, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    I think if people only want to live life in a continuous altered state that is their business.

The only danger is that if you're never sober you can't fully appreciate the gift of being high.

It's like if you live in a place that's always warm and sunny. You begin to take it for granted after a while.

It's impossible not to.

12. it effects everyone differently ive know some who should not smoke period and some who have changed their lives for the better because of it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I vape every night as it lets me have a good solid nights rest. Without it I'd wake up in the middle of the night for 2 hours before falling asleep. Having reliable sleep period of around 7 hours ,with evidence of getting more deep sleep probably outweighs getting only 5 hours with more REM sleep.

14. Nothing's "healthy" without moderation if you want to be technical about it. Even too much air is bad for you. Whether or not something is a crutch, is really a matter of individual perception as to what a crutch even is, and whether or not it even matters, given that you can reduce anything to a crutch if you wanted to. Why not write family, friends, and any desire or purpose to continue to live as a crutch you use to avoid dwelling on the harsh reality that one day you simply will just be erased from this plane of existence as if you were nothing? Only things that are stigmatized are forced to stand up under the weight of objective or subjective scrutiny. If weed gets you through the day or invokes an appreciation of it, who really gives a shit what it is to anyone but you?

15. for those of you who want to be more clear-headed and focused, yet aren't ready to fully cut out weed or even cut back:

THE STRAIN you have is sooo important as to what you get from it in my experience.

Even though all weed shares a common vibe...no use in wake n baking with some heavy kush if you know you are going to be retarded and progressivley tired throughout the day (not that this goes for all) 

You need to get your hands on some sativas. This is one of the main reasons I decided to grow. I was tired of falling in love with one strain my dealer gets...being super productive and energetic, then next sack, getting some heavy indica and being lazy all the time. If I grow sativa doms I like I can always have a choice. 

just a thought. 

My overall opinion though is that if your not smoking for some serious medical reason, and you find yourself depressed without it. As much as this feels like nails on chalkboard: you need to look in the mirror and figure out whats going on within you to make you need a crutch. It has nothing to do with weed being good or bad...but it has EVERYTHING to do with YOU and your inner world.

IMO :D

16. #276 zackw419, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    I agree totally, regarding "WHAT IT IS TO YOU".

Yet alot of people know what it is to them, and continuously lie to themselves searching for justifications. 

When all it comes down to is: work on being a happy person, be the best you can be. If weed is helping your life and its super clear then keep on smoking. if you need a t break but are afraid, stop being a pussy :). And if you know you need to quit than do it. 

I agree that its totally a person to person thing.

17. i mean it might be but who the fuck cares? you arent the one having to walk with the crutches. if someone is comforted by the crutches and they make their life easier and its harming nobody else then why not use them? more importantly, you arent the one having to walk without crutches when you know you still benefit from them.

also fuck this metaphor tbh.

you havent tried anal if you still think bodies have to function the way they were created.

19. I was gonna post something, but I wanna leave this post as the final thought lok

-yuri

20. OP...
    Pshhh...