think my dad smokes or at least knows that i do. maybe both.

Discussion in 'General' started by BlazeLE, Jun 14, 2012.

1. last time i was with my dad we were talking about cops and how the live above the law. he brought up a cop who was busted at the beach smoking weed in a motel (talking about cops enforcing laws they dont follow). that wasnt too big of an indicator but today we were watching an old western show and they were talking about farming and they mention george washington was a farmer. then my dad said “you know what G.W. grew right? marijuana, smoked it too.” then we went outside to check the mail and there was something from an electrical company (trying to get my dad to switch) and he said something about them monitoring power usage to catch grow houses. then he said “if they're smart enough to have a set up that would use enough power to tip them off they're smart enough to bypass it.” idk. the last one makes me feel like its more likely that he smokes than knows i smoke. or both, i mean there was this whole text message scare a while ago where i apparently sent my dad 2 texts and i only know what one of them said (it was clean and i have no idea what the other one said). and he did say he doesnt care what i do as long as i dont drink till im 21 (in context it felt like he knew i smoked).

what say you fellow blades?

2. Sounds like he knows and is trying to hint at his acceptance of your smoking.

Tbh I've only ever known one person who's successfully hid it from his parents, and even then he was an infrequent smoker. The majority of people can't hide it- your parents have been around you constantly (well, hopefully they have been) since you were a baby for >18 years, of course they'll notice the behaviour change that comes along with intoxication of any kind. Let alone when it turns into a habit.

But yeah, I'd take those statements as good signs. If you're lucky he'll offer you a smoke one time like my dad did. Be prepared for one of the best seshes you've ever had haha, so trippy to smoke with your old man.

3. Sounds like he realizes and knows that marijuana is a safer drug to use when compared to alcohol. Also he might have smoked previously but who knows if he currently does.

For the hell of it I dare you to ask if he did or does still currently smoke. Smoking with parents can be really cool and change your relationship with them for the better. It also makes family holidays way more fun. I smoke with both parents before Thanksgiving Dinner for the past four years... THE SHIT!

4. well the thing is i live with my mom and rarely see my dad. my mom still has no clue. *knocks on wood*

my friend said maybe my dad is a stoner and his stoner senses are picking up that i am too. going there again on monday so ill see if he says anything else.

5. oh i know he used to. he used to do pretty much every drug and even ran heroin in a biker club before he joined the army and went clean.

6. Totally be real with him and see if he will smoke with you then! Even if you don't see your Dad often it will allow you a nice escape and support incase your mom ever finds out and shit hits the ceiling.

7. im waiting till i have a job to do that. right now it looks bad.