Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[UPDATED] Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Recommendation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I have an appointment with Cannamed in Framingham on June 3rd!!!!!! I have good feelings about this place

2. Hey everyone, im from CT and was wondering if what you guys think!

I've had UC(ulcerative colitis) for about 11 years, and have been in remission for about 3-4 years. Here's a link if you want to educate yourself:
    http://www.cdc.gov/ibd/

The condition that is required to receive a mmj is Crohn's, but I was wondering if there is still a possibility seeing as they both fall in the same category of IBD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #203 mrtreldon, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
    Sorry, I think this might have been answered before, but does a diagnosis of IBS alone qualify me in WA? Or, will I need to try other treatments first? I have had pretty excruciating pain for several months as a result of IBS (which was just diagnosed a couple of weeks ago). I've been given bentyl, but it's not helping NEARLY as much as mmj. Seen the doctor twice now, and had a CT to rule out other stuff.

4. Do you really need to qualify in WA anymore?

5. Damn I wish Kentucky had it

Sent from my BNTV400 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. The deal with wa is that even tho its legal ti be in possession, it is not legal to buy, sell, or grow unless u have a med card. U can still be busted in wa w no card.

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. What is REALLY pissing me off is seeing all you fucking pot heads trying to scam the system. A system that took years of some VERY dedicated and motivated people who worked day and night with state legislators, went to Governmental meetings and spoke with intelligence and knowledge of this subject.
    What is wrong with your current supply that gets you want you are looking for? This part of the forum is specifically for those of us who fall into the categories that each of the now legal Medical marijuana States have established and no one else. Asking if you can get a card for having sweaty palms? Injuries incurred by riding your skateboard (probably when high) and all sorts of dumb ass only pot heads would ask.
    Use some common sense and just use your fucking brain! Read the information on  each state where it is now legal on the first page of this thread and if your ailment is not there, give it a fucking rest!!
    There are thousands of us who spend days at our doctors office, taking handfuls of pills and liquid meds just to stay alive. Seeking how to get insurance and then how to pay for it since our LEGITIMATE illnesses, diseases and severe ailments have left us struggling to pay our bills and still survive on our measly Federal Disability Checks every month.
    I get $1200. a month on SSDI....Social Security Disability Insurance and have for the last 12 years. Life has totally sucked as my ailment requires me to take 14 different medications from anti retro virals to cholesterol meds to pain pills (yeah life is a blast taking 80 mg of Oxycotin three times a day, 10 mg of Hydrocodone 3 times a day for breakthrough pain, 10 mgs of Marinol 3 times a day to avoid painful muscle and nerve spasms. I also have to slather on 3 packs of Androgel, a testosterone supplement as all this other shit has caused me to deplete naturally occurring testosterone....I take 4 - 1mg of Xanax per day...two before bed to induce sleep and two throughout the day to be able to stay calm through the pain as well as Prozac from depression for having HIV/AIDS.
    Since I have been HIV poz for 25 years now, my heart started beating just 30 beats a minute last year causing me to have a pacemaker installed landing me in the hospital for a week...nothing new to me, Ive been hospitalized over a dozen times over the years for all kinds of shit...yet I am still living!
    I just heard on TV tonight that Medical Marijuana is now being passed in NY state, but it will be a few more months before they work out the logistics so I and many others in my condition will have to wait just a bit longer. But one lucky thing....since I have lived with all of this shit for so long I should breeze right through the qualifying process.
    In speaking with my doctor...and I am fortunate enough to have one who really cares about his patients...he is wary to get me my card as he is wondering what it will do to my respiratory system in the process. Since he has not really looked into it, he is not sure of the whole subject as his work load is unbelievable. Now that it is a sure thing, his staff more than likely will get educated on what they will need to do as there will be a strong run on these cards and the qualifying that goes along with it.
    I am one of his favorite patients because I am very proactive in caring for myself and I do my own research on what path we take together to insure I will make it to my 55th birthday. His motto to me is "quality of life is more important and that is what we focus on...making our patients as comfortable as can be while we fight this disease together".
    So before you con men and women try to come up with ailment after ailment just trying to be as sick as you can be, take a minute and think about everything these fighters for justice and fighters for the right to be able to access marijuana for its medicinal qualities had to research the legalities of getting these rights for us.
    We don't need to have people like you coming along for the ride of trying to convince doctors and their staff that you are so ill only pot will make you feel better. You fall into that category of people from all up and down the Eastern Seaboard on their way to Florida, the prescription pill utopia where THEY can buy their way into the lucrative business  of selling their illegally obtained pain pills to addicts who wither up and die due to overdoses.
    Ask yourself if you really want to be considered those types of people. Just a few looks at their broke down, dirty, sleazy, greedy asses standing ten deep to get into these ramshackle fake clinics just to get their scripts before all heading back to their trailers where they sell pill by pill their monthly allotment of unneeded life saving pain pills to addicts. Do they feel any remorse when their pill popping addict clients die from overdoses of pain pills they bought and quadrupled the prices before handing them into dirty hands that had to do almost every despicable thing to round up enough cash to buy these pills just to stay high.
    Is this what you want medical marijuana to turn into?
    This legal fight has been a tough one for those dedicated super heroes. They usually don't know us personally, but they know the pain and misery we go through...a number of them experienced what each of us did....trying to find a way to live what is left of our painfilled lives or to help a family member, their wife or their husband, their mother or father, their son or daughter. Those are who they devoted their lives to.
    Never once did they think...."wow, we can now supply a bunch of hypochondriacs their months worth of pot....and guess what? They all lied about their illnesses and diseases...but we don't care because anything we can do to provide otherwise healthy people to get all that great, strong pot we will do".
    No, that is not what they did and I think each of you know that this is and was not the case.
    So reread the states requirements carefully and if you seriously do not have any of the ailments, illnesses or diseases listed, just leave it at that and get ahold of your usual supplier. Keep their businesses going and profitable and leave these much needed clinics to do what they were built for...the truly sick...the truly suffering...the people who will probably be dead within a few years. They need it so much more than you do and they do not have the time, energy or resources to run around tracking down their dealers who gladly take care of their needs.
    It was sad and not the least entertaining to read all of these posts some practically begging for scripts and cards knowing not a thing but overt laziness and an inability to get off their well asses and do what they have done all their smoking lives....track down their dealers.
    DO NOT MESS THIS UP FOR THOSE WHO DEPEND ON THESE CLINICS REMAINING OPEN SO WE WHO ARE ILL DO NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE MESSED UP LEGAL SYSTEM JUST TO BE COMFORTABLE DURING OUR FINAL DAYS OF LIFE.
    Sorry for being such a bitch about this, but it got too out of hand and too ridiculous reading these posts over and over again. This medical marijuana thing is NOT for you so stop with the excuses and stories and just go on about your lifes and let us live our final days in comfort and peace.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Very well said Brother.

9. #209 onicchr, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    Holy cow Fraser! Chill out! Do you really think Grasscity.com is the best place to complain about stoners trying to get some weed legally(ish)
    If you don't like reading these posts then go away lol
    Go smoke a bowl and relax buddy!

10. Wow one NOOB calling out a user with a legitimate gripe.  Way to get your point across there onicchr.  Maybe instead of bitching about someone else bitching you could, I dunno, contribute to the conversation.

11. #211 TokingSince96, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Medically speaking, there are very few conditions that qualify people for herb. State law differs all have a set list. Only a couple like California. Give the Dr the authority for any condition they deems fit. These are more lenient by far, in obtaining the license. So lets be honest here. Weed is a recreational drug with minimal side effects like alcohol, and it is also a viable medicine for many illnesses.

Conditions recognized by the majority mainstream medical community. HIV, AIDS, Cancers requiring chemo for treatment, and a few other fatal conditions All these other bogus excuses, my neck and my back. My arthritis and glaucoma. All have near or more effective Pharmaceutical medication counterparts.

Also id like to point out sales tax is charged on medication sold in California at weed clinics. There is no sales tax on medicine ever. Clinics used this as a loop whole to avoid sales tax. When everyone knows this is a business. Medicine is regulated by insurance companies dugh

Lets be realistic in 1996 when California passed its proposition. It had to say for medicinal reasons as to not conflict with federal law. That supersedes state law. That supersedes civil law. So a civil court would never question an authentic license, Id like to add.

In the late 90s the Feds started closing clinics n growers down. This was to break up certain people making enormous wealth, but paying no taxes, state or federal. Also it did t help having a republican in the Executive office. Tax evasion was the main reason. Not cause rules or regulations where not followed. Rules and regulations are opaque at best. This is intentional by the state I might add

Because California did it the way it did. It boomed an entire economy, that cold be felt almost nation wide. Flooding the market with designer herb. Id like to mention, states are not lining up to follow, cause they believe so strongly in its medicinal value. They doing it for the tax. Lets give Cali credit leading the way, on such progressiveness. That lead to colorado legalizing recreationally

Federal government saw the profitability, in this. So it will be legal nationwide in near future. States will have power to make illegal, if they choose. So if you think herb should be treated like a medicine. Prepare to pay $60 a gram. Plus good luck, filling your prescription. There will be a shortage.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Sorry to tell you this but you will get canned if you fail a test at work. From what I've read over the past several months a large number of employers in Colorado (Denver, specifically) ramped up/strengthened their drug testing policies.  I guess that's their way ot "getting back" at legal weed.

13. Would I be eligible to get MMJ if I am a cancer surviver? I went threw chemo treatment in a non medical state. If it ever becomes medical here would possible side effects from chemo allow me a card? Even if im in remmission. Also can you get fired from a job for medical use?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #214 joes_cunning, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    Hi!

Ive red the rules and want to know if i qualify a medical card if i cant sleep,dealing with stress,anxiety and depression daily.i dont want to smoke everday but want to deal with it.
    so how can i get started??any links?

15. Ok. I have a few different conditions, it seems like I am covered under the Canadian laws, but there's some stuff that's changed.

I have IBS, a condition called interstitial cystitis (basically scar tissue in the bladder that can cause chronic pains in the bladder, increassed frequency to urinate, pains in the general area), chronic back pain (low-moderate) as well as depression and anxiety.

I've only smoked a couple of times before, but every single time I have these condiitions, even the next day after. My antidepressants on the otherhand, I realizsed I felt drunk most of the time while one them. Headaches, being more lethargic than I was previous... ugh.

16. What about Illinois?

Sent from my AT7-C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Hello! I have a torn ACL and other ligaments in one knee and my other knee I'm suffering from some pain that is associated from that. I live in Oregon, would this qualify me for an OMMP? Any help would be great! Thank you!

18. I got my med card in mass because I have insomnia and my doctor diagnosed me with bipolar disorder.

19. I don't think it would Mooseman.  A torn ACL would probably be something they would want you to try and heal on your own through PT and exercise. Possibly if you have already tried to recover from the injury and aren't, then you might qualify if you went to a herb friendly clinic in Portland or Eugene.