Kalashnikova/Ice Cream 8x4 1200w scrog RDWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by MIDLIFE, Jun 8, 2012.

1. #1861 MIDLIFE, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks Hort,
    The scrogs are a lot of Work but I like it :D.

Sorry to hear about the stem rot dude :( , I've had a little problem with powdery mildew this round, but hopefully that's all sorted now.

....................................... .

How much did the LED's cost you Doc?

Miđdy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Middy all three lites cost around $500..i tried Black Dog first and got a good  discount on the first lite but when i tried to buy another lite they would only give me $5 discount so i felt ripped off and sent it back and got a refund..next i tried Intelligent grow lites..they were too hot and used..i saw a spider mite web coming out of one of the vents so i sent those lites back..$505 for two of their smallest lite..these guys are jjust middlemen who add at least $150 to the price of whatever unit you buy..meanwhile i heard about MARS_HYDRO as they have a site on GC with mostly happy users and the rep from the factory making direct sales outta china..they work perfectly for my situation and i was able to reduce the sound of the grow and heat by 80% cause i don't have inlines running continuosly and quit using the loudest fans..i'm hearing no complaints about power use and no longer am using a/c except for myself..biggest thing i learned is that leds only run at 66.6% efficency..so a 90w ufo is really only around 50w thats why they're crap..didn't know that back in 08..i'm using a 48x3w,96x3w, and 192x3w..i'm using 3w diodes for less heat so i get them very close for penetration..they work great for my small grow

• Like Like x 3
  3. BTW the factory can custom make whatever color diode specs you like for a little extra

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is this your first Grow with them?
    Also do you think that the grow period was the same with them? as I'm thinking of using them with the mother and clones :huh:

Cutting big tree's down today to get more light into the outside grow area B).

Miđdy

• Like Like x 4
  5. Middy this is my first grow start to finish with Mars_Hydro lites..they did very well in veg as they kept the plnts short with tight internodal growth..veg went very fast and i started bloom after only 30 days to keep the size..the tricky part is not letting them get too big in veg to compensate for the stretch in flwr always rembering leds can't really grow trees like hid..for mothers and clones i think they're perfect..when i have a harvest nxt mo i'll be able to have an opinion on how the yeilds are going to be

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks for the info Dr M ;)

7. Now that's determination.....and free wood! that will come in handy for you this time of year, seams like a win win!

• Like Like x 2
  8. btw i forgot to mention this past yr i got recycled 50 and 14 gal drums and caught the rain wtr coming off my neighbors roof..i got 150 gals in a wknd of rain for the outdr grow this summer..got my soil mixed and aging..sip's filled and awaiting tp's..got two canidates vegging in the windows till they are 20'' and then they go outdrs into the sally alley that has been completely revamped..coming are outdr solar spotlites and a video surveilance systm
    full wtr barrels 002.JPG outdr garden so far 006.JPG sucking nutes 006.JPG sucking nutes 007.JPG soil prepared for wave 1 006.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey Middy, Mrs. Y would love the sound of that, cutting down the trees. Every year I gotta listen to her bitch and whine... "We have too many trees, why don't you cut some of them down?"
    To which I reply, "Why don't you shut up, get your bitch ass in the kitchen and make me a pie?"

If I can find my camera I'll try to put up a picture of the knots on my head. They are quite manly if I do say so myself :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Hello :-D
    I keep looking on the web for some solar panels going cheap for our outside lighting & the heatbulbs in the animal houses .
    I have 2x 700litre & 2x 300litre rubbish bins for the rain water & around 300litres for RO H2o :-D .

:-D Olde ,
    Did you get the pie
    Or did Mrs Y make you make it?

Got some freebies from my Canadian friend, I've put some (NOT ALL;-) )in between some unbleached tissue paper, in a small plastic tub on top of the satellite box for a little heat.

2x GHS __ Arjans Strawberry Haze.

2x GHS __ Ladyburn1974.

2x 710genetics __ C99 Haze.

1x Humboldt seed Organization__ Lost Coast OG .
    I'll take clones from each just incase I like one...or two :D

If I remember :blink: i'll get some pictures of the bubble gum under the screen..

Miđdy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nice genetics coming up Middy! This is going to be great, how's about that screen shot?!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Harvested the first cab today..the others have another mo to go before harvest..my hall plnts have been outdrs in the improved sally alley for 5 days..got bubble bags and will make bubble hash this time with popcorn and leaf..yeild looked a little lite but with another harvest nxt mo it'll add up..plus the hash by product..tried some tincture for the first time when a friend visited..peach juice and tincture to suit..the tincture was in everclear so it made a nice tasting drink mixed..nxt time a slice of lemon will be added..didn't have any on hand..made for an excellent high anyway and refreshing to the palate
    harvest day 001.JPG harvest day 007.JPG outdr day 5 002.JPG outdr day 5 001.JPG bubble bags 002.JPG bubble bags 003.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  13. I've got me some home made tint as well, I use it in my wine. I'm not sure if you've ever made bubble hash before but it's a pain in the dick.....takes forever!!! I'd personally use the 120 bag and make dry ice hash.....so much easier!!! Shake out all the golden dust then off to the side shake out all the green dust and keep that for your tint! Super dry crunchy trim is best. I used 200ml of everclear to 14g of that green kief and it worked great, I use 10-12 drops and my body is feeling great!

• Like Like x 3
  14. H i watched vids on making bubble hash..no way i'm using ice cubes..the process is too messy and laborious..i'll be using dry ice..easy peasy..

• Like Like x 3
  15. I've been doing dry ice hash for 2 ys now. It works every time. I like to freeze my trim at least 24 hrs before I do a run. 

Is bubble hash much better than dry ice hash?  I've been really weighing on learning how to do BHO runs. I've never dabbed so I'm not sure how much better it is than the dry ice stuff..IF it's better..

• Like Like x 2
  16. Concentrates are pretty insane. First time I did one blew my mind. Definitely wouldn't recommend to a beginner. An all honesty though I haven't tried hash. I hear I can get it though from a friend.

Let's Smoke About It....
    - Adam Demamp

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-Solar-Adventures

• Like Like x 2
  17. I got my leaf and popcrn in ziploc bag in the freezer ..just waiting for my press to arrive so i can make pellets for easy storage and use

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sorry dude, I'll get some pictures tonight ;)

Miđdy

• Like Like x 2
  19. First led start to finish harvest using scrog..2 Blue Thai..total 33 grms  lite used was 96x3w reflector Mars-Hydro..two more cabs to harvest next mo..clones trnsfrd to cab 1 to veg for 3 wks then flwr..gotta keep production up
    harvest total-clones 002.JPG harvest total-clones 003.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hello all :)
    Just been out to the milk truck and got some pictures of the 5 bubble gum plants under the scrog,
    Not that happy with the size of the buds but that's my fault for growing from Seeds and not a carefully chosen mother plant,,
    The clones that I did take from each of the 5 bubble gum have been munched by the rabbit's as I didn't find a keeper :(.

I've only got 10/14 days of water only before chop chop time..

Looking forward to get my Kalashnikov mother back into action after the next grow ;).

I'll get some pictures up of the next grow when they get a little bigger.

Miđdy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3