Kalashnikova/Ice Cream 8x4 1200w scrog RDWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by MIDLIFE, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Yeah, what D. said ;) Tough-assed winter here, hoping for spring & a next-strain recommendation.Medicine Man is getting too sensitive to spider mites, f%$&ing up all my mothers.
    Hope all's well, my Friend.

2. What do you have to pop on hand?!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Hey D., I have (8) more medicine man's in the fridge from my original order several grows back. The smoke on that stuff is just sooooo good for Mrs. Y's pain relief that I can't abandon the strain. But I have to start from scratch and try (once a fu&%ing again) to rid myself of these damned spider mites. I'm going to pop them probably this coming weekend.
    Only other thing I had, I popped my last emergency auto-flower a few weeks ago, a Northern Lights-Big Bud auto. Grew one about a year or more back, was pretty good but I didn't do it justice (grew it under my little 150W HPS & that wasn't enough. I stuck the extra seed in the fridge for a rainy day, and decided it was a rainy day.
    I finally got off my frozen dead ass & finished setting up my little 2X2 party tent with a 4 gallon flo-n-Grow bucket and a new 250W cool tube, and decided the NL-BB auto would be a good test run to be sure I have everything dialed in just right. Just LST'ed her this past weekend & she is going crazy - almost filled the tent footprint and the stretch has another week or so to go :)
    I think I'm loving this ebb 'n grow setup. Once it's dialed in I can start from 2 to 4 beans at a time & look for good pheno's without wasting an entire grow cycle to find a good mother. I'm thinking it will make me more adventuresome at experimenting with newer strains, and making more seeds than I could ever give away to all my friends here on GC.

Thoughts for now - I have to have something good for Mrs. Y's pain - ChemDawg (parent of OG Kush & Sour Diesel) & Anesthesia ( an afghan - skunk - herijuana cross).
    AND as soon as one of our old friends - not mentioning any names but they start with Middy Or GG - give me a smoke report on the K strain, that's high on the list too. But if I go with K I'll probably go with the original Serious Seeds' White Russian. Same strain as the K, but hoping since they are the original breeder it might have better genetics.

That's my thoughts for now, hopefully Middy will REALLY make it back & confirm if the K will do the trick. Then it's order time :) OOOoooohhhhhhh YEAH!!!

4. Ewww mites.. That's the dirtiest of dirty words!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Ol skool I grew out the K following Middy's lead..i wasn't all that impressed with the phenos I grew out..and there's LOTS of leaf to deal with during the grow which in a small space isn't good..i rated it at about an 8..after 4 mos in the jars it went up to 8.5-9..i like it but I'm not in luv with it the way I am with GG Allin..

6. Olde School.... Those are some great choices your mulling over there! I've got that amnesia on my short list, from pyramid seeds right? And that Chem
    D seams to be infamous in the GC, seams like its grown out all over the place or crossed with many other strains! Must be a reason why. One other strain I really want to grow is black domnia by sensi seeds, middy has grown this and by the sounds of it Mrs. Y might enjoy it for her pain.

Too bad you ain't got a journal going, I'm interested in your little set up. The plan makes good sense to me, sounds like you'll have fun! That auto sounds great, don't have much experience with them at all but I'd never imagine them to take off with some training. I'd love to sneak a peak!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile

7. Hey, Doc, thanks for the reply. I'd forgotten you were growing K as well. I recall Middy doing the "right pheno" search before he suffered the shingles attack, then went K-auto, and I lost track of his results. You're growing for pain relief as well, right? Is that the basis for your 8 to 9 rating, or just like the high?
    Tell me more about the GG Allin when you get a minute. Thanks, Bud.

8. Hey Hort, good to see ya again. Not Amnesia I'm looking at, it's Anesthesia, from Sannies Breeders' Cholce line. Earlier this winter I did some searches on medical strains and this was very high on their list, along with ChemDawg. Sannies was also carrying ChemDawg fem's. But I'm not very big on fem's, as they never seem to have that "hybrid vigor" I need for a good mother. I'll do fem's when I get freebies but the mothers never seem to hold up as well, and by their inbred nature, you don't get the pheno differences you usually see with regulars. And, you don't get males to make seeds :( . But ChemDawg is definitely on the top of my list. Any strain that originated OGKush AND Sour Diesel just HAS to be at the top of the food chain :)
    Only source I've located so far for ChemDawg regulars is Humboldt Seeds through Attitude. Just a little worried though, Attitude seems to have made Customs' most-watched list from what I'm hearing on the GC forum. But with ChemDawg and White Russian (Serious Seeds' original from whence Green House made their F-2 K-strain) regulars only available through Attitude, I may have to chance it with two orders. Or keep searching to find alternative sources ;)Shit... decisions, decisions, huh???
    Black Domina... yeah, a most exquisite smoke, but from the limited amount of medical data I've found, it's low effectiveness for pain relief.
    On the journal, yeah, I probably need to get around to that one day soon. Thinking the little party tent would be a good start. Will try to find the time to get that started soon.
    Catch y'all later, Boyz & Gurlz

9. @ ol Skool..GG Allin is outta dwn under..Southern Star Seeds...it is LA Affie x purple doja xdeep chunk so it's a 100% indica..it's a very heavy stone..i can't rate it for pain relief cause I don't really smoke for pain relief..i'm looking for stress relief and so I need a heavy stone that makes me mindless..slows my over active brain down to a crawl and I become one with my couch till the munchies hit..GGA gives you the munchies HARRD and I never get the munchies..i had a difficult time getting them to germ but I now realize my technique at the time was crap( use heating mat now works great)...next month ReggieG is releasing Frost Fortress (GG Allin x the White) ..I'm thinking about getting some of that if the budget allows..you will not find this at Attitude...their distributor is CannabisSeedsforSale outta UK and I've had no shipping problems with them like Attitude(two reships and still no product..4 mos!)

10. btw the Auto K Middy did the colas looked like handgrenades which made me think about trying one for outdrs and giving it lots of space to do it's thing

11. Middy! Hanging in there :bongin:

12. #1792 MIDLIFE, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    Hello all, I'm back in the land of the living now after a bit of lead poisoning :-( , No more trips planned or wanted.

I've still got a shit internet connection here :rolleyes:

The "K" smoke is nice and mellow sometimes it has a pineish taste but with a good cure it brings out the fruityNess,
    It's a good hard hitting stone that lasts for half an hour or more, then it's sleep time.

I've got twenty+ "K"sativa crossed with a Mau Mau outside in pots and not in the ground as they seem to be a late finisher outside(here) , I'll get picks up here later today or tomorrow as I'm horizontal with back pain at the moment.

Also I have a medical kush, a blueberry auto, a NL/BB auto, two NL autos,.

And I have 8 critical jack autos, a Moby dick auto,
    And a critical jack 'fem' all freebies :-D .

Hope your all well

miđdy

Sit on a pencil? Just kidding Bro. Glad you are back!!

I'm rocking these Ks. Hat tip Middy :metal:

14. Middy good to see you back! Much has been going on in all our gardens that you follow..feel better and get caught up..it's gonna be a big summer grow this yr..

15. Wow Middy great to have you back bro, I love the sounds of pour your outdoor gear! Can't wait for pictures on that! Hope you recover well.

16. My old K mother plant ,

miđdy

Attached Files:

17. The K x MauMau & blueberry auto on the right.

miđdy

Attached Files:

18. NL/BigBud auto

miđdy

Attached Files:

19. Nice Middy, they all look healthy and happy! What you got in them pots, looks like soil and it looks like you've reused your hydro buckets?

20. Hello H,
    I'm doing all the plants outside this year as the milk truck doesn't have the room for me to get in and sort them out at the moment, I'll be ok in a few more months I hope :blink:
    So the old hydro buckets might as well get some use this summer ;-)

I started them from seed in coco and a pre nutrient starter soil and then repotted them into a pre nutrient soil for bloom , two of the auto plants have a little burning on the tips and all the plants have had only UN-ph'ed rain water up till now (not including the old K mother).

miđdy