Kalashnikova/Ice Cream 8x4 1200w scrog RDWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by MIDLIFE, Jun 8, 2012.

1. #1 MIDLIFE, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    Hello all, i am a newbie to rdwc so any pointers would help thanks,

mother plants(kalashnikova) are growing well at the moment and i think i have found a keeper as she is only the size of a lighter and branching out all over the place(trifoliate ?) :).

as the mother/s get bigger i will post up some picks but i live in a forest with crap mobile internet signal so bear with me on the picks.

at the moment i am running ICE CREAM (indica) to test the new rdwc out, so i'll be showing the picks of the set up running that first and by the time the IC is done i will hope to have the Kalashnikovas veged to around a foot tall before putting them under the scrog..

the grow room is a old 7.5t lorry box that was used to deliver milk, so it's 5'' thick insulated.
    8 bucket 160L total including the res RDWC (thank you YODA).
    i cut the hole in the bucket tops 1/2'' larger than the net pots and added a wooden ring covered in foil that the net pots fit nice and snug, my reason for using the ring was that i wanted to put panda plastic over the top of the buckets, first to keep the heat from my lights away from the bucket(foil covered) and 2nd i can puddle 3 small areas on top of the foil to regulate my humidty and the ring keeps the panda plastic in place perfectly.

lights are 2 x 600w hps with Avenger medium adjusta wings , the lights are on a lite-rail that only moves 2' with the stop time at each end set to lest than 5 seconds, i also use 2 x twin tube 4' long strip lights that i hang to the side but only during the veg stage.

nutes are by GHE , using FlorsDuo for the first time and very very happy with them so far, also adding Diamond nectar & bio-roots,

running the ICream at EC 1.4 and i have as of today fliped the swich to 12/12 after 27 days in veg.
    for the last few grows (between 65 & 90 odd plants at a time) i have used coco with a drip set up using flora g/m/b , two week of veg only and getting around 1 to 1.5kg and not been to happy with the inconsistence(spelling?) of the drip system hence the change up to rdwc.

the FloraDuo is kicking arse big time as i have never had plants that look so healthy and with such a thick main stems before.

the screen is made from wire that has 2''x2'' squares and its filling up well(imo anyway), that is around 10'' above the net pots.

i'll add more to this over the next comming weeks .
    Thanks for all your help to YOU at GCity.
    middy

Attached Files:

2. #2 MIDLIFE, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    air pump hailea 388d 70L per min running 16 air stones, two 8'' stones in each bucket and NONE in the res.

one large moving desk fan blowing under scrog and one large floor standing (fixed upside down to roof to save floor space) blowing over the plants.

venting out with a prima klima fan (see pics)
    one small 5'' in-line fan that connects to a pipe under the truck body then brings in cooler air as and when needed .
    pictures are form last week so i'll snap some more later tonight 18;00cet
    any questions or comments welcome
    middy

Attached Files:

3. more pics, so it did happen ;) :p mr Tihspeed

Attached Files:

4. First to Sub for greatness!! :hello:

and I do want to say.....

MIDLIFE
    [​IMG]

:D

5. Subbed for super dank in progress.....

I love that I didn't even have to ask for pics..... What a way to kick start a journal

6. *wave* any room in the milk truck for a Quarter Life? Lmao

7. no running out of room fast :D,
    thanks for stopin boys

8. Looks fantastic!! I'm in on this :bongin:

9. thanks for stopin NotSure,

todays pics

Attached Files:

10. last pics for today.
    i use a tape to find out how much water is in the res & MY GROW LOG if you can make head or tail of it :p
    ph is 5.8/6.0 EC 1.39 and they are drinking around 16LT every day.

Attached Files:

11. Steel painted screen? I tried the a soft screen (netting) and found it wasn't ridged enough for the plants or rather to my liking. Anyways my plant TV I used a steel painted screen and found it was much easier and moved a lot less in the bending process of the Scrog.

Really loving the set up Mid!

12. really nice setup up dude !!!

13. thanks :) , i don't know if the wire has be treated with anything but it was outside for at least 2years stopping my goats getting to the vegi garden , no rust that i can see so far, it's quite strong and i think it will out last me .

i hope i have got the timing right for my first scrog . anyway we will find out in the next few weeks.
    glad your all looking and keeping an eye on me.
    i'll get my good cam out this week foe some nice pic's.
    middy

14. Awesome set up, I'm subbed as well!

15. thank you and you are wellcome.

16. Yep, that's the dam wire I have been hunting for....
    It's galvanized steel, will not rust, and the 2" square holes are perfect for a SCRoG screen..
    But I could not really find any, so I guess that I'm going to be stringing my screen.. :rolleyes:

Very nice MIDLIFE, ya put a LOT of thought into this grow!!
    My hats truly off to ya, GREAT job!!!... :D

:smoke:

17. Valkommen :wave:

18. have a look for livestock fencing for the screen and thanks again for your kind words ,
    the panda plastic with the rings for humidity was a stoners moment but that time i wrote it down so i would not forget :smoke: it turned out better than i thought it would.
    middy

19. Hey Middy! I'm glad I was poking around after your comment in my journal or I may have missed this one :hello: I'm glad I caught it while it's still early!

The setup is great and clean. I love clean! I liked the picture of your chart that you keep everything on. Hopefully other newbs will see that and follow your lead. That's one thing I have that I have never thought of showing, but in my opinion a must have.

Can't wait to see all the goodness in store!

SUBBED!
    -D

20. thanks D i am glad you found it and happy to have you along for the ride.
    having a grow log realy helps you understand what the plant is asking for and this grow i keeped the EC to 1,40 in veg and will only get them to around EC 1,60 max during bloom
    middy