Cutting edge solutions yield vs. Advanced nutrients

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by purplfarm, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ADVANCED NUTREINTS

SENSI AB

BUD CANDY

BIG BUD

OVERDRIVE
    B-52:D:p:wave:

AND ORGEONISM (ROOTS ORGANICS)

SUPER TEA (YELLOW BOTTE)

2. these are all for flowering...correct? i need to learn how to use them in which weeks and what ratios to use with CES. and of course how to control my ppm's with all the new additives.

3. Most are ph stable... Be careful liquid kharma drops your ph.

4. #24 cheecha, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
    Hey sippin, yeah I got a question..Why the need to advertise you "
    own one of the largest hydroponic stores in dallas and have tried it all." in a CES vs AN thread?..And phone number to boot..
    I mean, really!..Example #1: there's some peeps in politics today(input names here) that run the most powerful(arguably) country in the world, yet they have no clue how the economy works..Ya follow me?..

5. I am subbing so I can come back and talk more about this subject after I get off of work.

The short of it. CES isn't what it is cracked up to be. Uncle johns blend is the bomb though.

6. scmc...i would love to hear more!! =)

7. Okay. So, with CES in bloom I had a lot of trouble with the EC. Their suggested levels are just too strong when you measure it out. I also noticed my planters would get a lot of salty residue on the outsides of them. The plants just didn't show the same vigor as they had on past systems.

Sensi Grow is a good system if you watch the EC. I actually think that the An connoisseur has a really ideal ratio for cannabis in days 1 to 25 in bloom and that the addition of Overdrive near the end is a good idea to bring up the npk. But I do carry my own reservations about advanced nutrients and what they are charging for a bottle of mostly water.

Personally I think that Botanicare has the best lineup. The one part CNS17 lineup is cheap, easy, and effective. Liquid Karma is a great stress reducing additive. Their cal-mag plus is used by tons of growers who use filtered water. Their 0-10-6 bloom booster Hydroplex is inexpensive and works as advertised.

The biggest yield is with advanced nutrients.
    The best value is with Botanicare.

One thing I should say about cutting edge is that their uncle johns blend when used as directed and as a foliar spray really blew my mind with the resin production. I still use the plant amp, mag amped, and UJB in my foliar program through bloom. Shit is potent and 1-3ml per liter is all it takes. Lasts a lot longer that way and I think the whole low molecular weight thing actually really helps with foliar uptake.

8. As long as your plants are getting the nutrients they need, brand doesn't matter. Your environment will have a greater influence. Get your system dialed by using a good base nutrient over several grows, then you can play with nutrients, supplements, and snake oils to your heart's content.

9. Sensi has a Grow and a Flower formula, so depending on which you're talking about it can go either way. B-52 is used through the whole grow. I don't have any experience with orgeonism and never really liked the yellow bottles, just my opinion.

As far as the "if your plants are getting the nutrients they need brand doesn't matter" thing goes, that's the rub... Some brands are much better at getting the nutrients to the plants than others. Don't just go by the numbers on the labels, that only tells you what is in the bottle (sort of, even then there's a huge amount of grey area on labeling laws) and nothing at all about whether what's in the bottle is very useful for your plants. Every macro and micro nutrient our plants need can be supplied in soluble or insoluble forms and only the soluble forms are useful. Even within the soluble forms some are available and others not so much.

You want to make sure you have the right nutrients in the right ratios, and what's more you want to make sure they're all fully chelated, buffered, and so on.

There's more to nutrients than meets the eye. The common belief is that a more expensive product is a sign of greed but that's not necessarily true. Instead, ask yourself what corners were cut to make the OTHER products cheaper.

10. #30 TheWatcher, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    And if you believe that you'll believe anything.

There are so many guides on the internet as to how to make your own nutrients. A lot of us don't have the time or the confidence to embark on such a procedure, but every single DIY nutrient guide proves one thing - that even if making your own blend of FOOD GRADE nutrients, it is incredibly cheap to do and costs pennies per liter.

No corners need to be cut in order to procure and produce the exact same grade of nutrient which some companies sell for extortionate prices and justify doing so with some garbage about how cheap nutrients = bad quality. The fact is these nutes are just extremely cheap to manufacture.

Thankfully some companies have a degree of integrity about how they do their work and therefore ready made nutes are available at an affordable price.

Nobody will ever be able to justify the claim about "hidden secret ingredients" and "whats not on the bottle" because it's just a blatant lie.

The numbers on the label tell you pretty much everything you need to know. It's called a guaranteed analysis for a reason and if it were anything else the company would be the subject of a serious breach of marketing law. It tells you what form the nutrients come in and how much is available to plants.

What you are actually talking about is what's known here in the UK as the ROI declaration, whereby the NPK must show what is directly available to plants. For example the UK NPK value of 8-6-10 would appear in the ROI (republic of ireland) as approximately 8-3-8 This is because the U.K. and R.o.I. use different standards for P and K. Iireland they use the pure element for P and K whilst in U.K, we use P2O5 (Phosphorus Pentoxide) and K2O (Potash) of which only roughly 50% and 80% respectively are immediately available to the plants. That is the number which has to be shown in brackets next to the NPK which is on the product label.

Please do your own reading and research instead of reciting what some hydro company (with an obvious money-driven agenda) tells you.

11. Personally I'd trust a nutrient company over you. At least with a nutrient company I know what their motivations are. You just seem to be running around this forum attacking people that like Advanced Nutrients, calling them names, and generally acting superior to anyone who doesn't agree with you on every detail.

I've seen you attack many people I would personally consider to have done a great deal more "reading and research" than you seem to have done, and who are also a damn sight more open-minded than you are. Simply because you read something and came to a certain conclusion does not mean that other people cannot come to another equally valid conclusion, or that information unknown and beyond the reading and research you've done may exist.

Look, I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. For one thing your dance card looks to be pretty full already. For another I haven't seen anything to suggest it would be worth my time.

Mostly I'm just pointing this out for everyone else's benefit. You don't seem to be interested in anything more than an argument, you don't listen to anything anyone else says beyond what is necessary for you to look for ways to attack them, and your unusual aggression towards very specific targets suggests to me at least that you have a motive beyond what you admit to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm not asking people to trust me, I'm asking people to learn to understand what they're buying. I question the motives of anyone who argues with that, thanks.

As for the rest of your diatribe. Two words:

Multiple Accounts. ;)

13. Btw, you know the problem with posting your views on the internet and trying to sound righteous? It's that you leave a trail behind you of everything you've said previously.

And when you click the name `basementhydro` then you click `find more posts from basement hydro`.... you soon find, just like I find with anyone who comes in and has a go at me for what I say here, that more than half the posts the fella makes are related in some way to advanced nutrients. Big mike must have either a lot of time on his hands, or a lot of lap dogs....

14. Or, and this is really stretching the limits of reason (LOL), this person might just USE Advanced Nutrients.

I mean, my posts talk about AN too, but that's because that's what I know. I'm not going to talk about other nutrients when I don't know anything about them.

But you go ahead and talk about how other people shouldn't be righteous because you're CERTAINLY not doing that yourself. :)

15. Right on. I definitely trust a nutrient company over folks here. (Sorry y'all!)

16. Hey dCA, thanks man, will definitely trust the nute COs more than the peeps here..thanks for looking out mang..
    Hey what about the coming election(USA), I mean there all pretty much trust-worthy too yeah!..They got our backs too right, right?..They wouldn't lie to us right!..

Cheers!..;)

17. I wouldn't go that far, personally. Certain members here are definitely worth trust. Some of them I'd take their word over what a guy at a nutrient company told me.

Certain other members... not so much.

I wouldn't trust anyone online, nute company or not, absolutely. There's levels of trust: People I'd trust to help me dispose of a body, people I'd trust to have my back in a fight against bad odds, people I'd trust to pay me back 20 bucks, people I'd trust pick a stupid solution 10 times out of 10...

There's levels, man.

18. no experience with cutting edge...
    cant go wrong with advanced, house garden, or gh

i do not like dutchmasters, canna, ionic

19. See its a lot of personal opinion on stuff like this.

I really haven't been impressed with GH at all, but I think DM is pretty decent.

I'll agree with you on the Advanced Nutrients though, that's pretty much all I use these days.

20. i've used dyna-gro, really liked them...super potent...only need 12.5ml/gal of grow, max...only need 15ml/gal of bloom max...and that's per their recirculating schedule (so I would usually do half that)...
    advanced, using that now...it's okay...it's not nearly as potent as the dyna-gro...sensi bloom calls for 4ml per liter of EACH a and b...that comes out to 15ml EACH...so double what dyna-gro's bloom calls for...and that's to get the soup to the same PPM as dyna-gro's bloom...so, AN is definitely almost exactly half as potent as dyna-gro...
    next grow i'm 99% sure i'm going to switch to an entire yellow bottle lineup...used BLOOM ultra this past run and it did exactly what i needed it to (very little stretch after 12/12 flip)...