Bury that shit underground (Malawi Cob).

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Scars, Jun 6, 2012.

1. #1 Scars, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
    Has anyone ever heard of burying their weed to cure underground wrapped in a banana leaf? How does that even workout? I know a lot of African farmers do this to their landrace sativas. Just wondering if anyone has tried that. From what I remember reading, the ones that were wrapped in banana leaves and cured underground would give a super smooth earthy smoke and flavor that cannot be touched.

Dont dog me, I have not tried it but it did peak my curiosity nonetheless. They call it the Malawi Cob. Basically, they dry the herb for a few days and then wrap it in banana leaves. Then they bury it underground in the dry season so that it doesn't rot. I have a trash can full of recycled dirt. I might try this with some popcorn nugs that I would not mind losing if shit were to hit the fan.

"...Malawi Gold : Finally available in seed form the World renowned Malawi Gold, South Africas most sought after Sativa ,for its sweet earthy to lemonesque scents and flavour very easy to grow with heavy results common as dense buds swell and grow and a stone of exceptional quality , beautifull earthy and introspective that works on so many levels you can feel the history these plants have with mankind ..Traditionally these buds are wrapped in banana leaves and buried to cure which produces a very smooth and ush palette. A very popular choice for those in the know ....."

Just sayin...

2. #2 Scars, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2012
    No one has any experience with this? I kinda wanted to try this with some lower branch buds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Did it work?

4. i saw this on a youtube channel one time, i know its how they used smuggle it idk if they still do that

5. fuck id forget where i buried it lol

• Like Like x 4
  6. yea i wanna bury my bongs underground but im too lazy to dig a hole. Make like a treasure map on google earth hehe.

7. Your ground has to be very hot and dry to cure... otherwise you'll just end up germinating seeds :) Having enjoyed more than a few cobs, I can testify to it's smoothness and almost fruity, earthy notes. Plus it's one helluva experience unwrapping that baby. Haven't had in a bana leaf yet, in South Africa we get mostly corn (mielie) leaves for our cob... hence the name.

• Like Like x 3