Anderson Silva is a disgrace to the sport

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Spam and Eggs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. yea hes a cocky bitch an i dun like him, watch his fight against demian mia

2. dude MMA/UFC is bigger than hockey or baseball, if GSP goes to japan thousand of people are flocking his plane as soon as it lands, if wayne gretizky or sidney crosby went to japan no one would even know who the hell they are,

3. MMA is big in Japan though. And MMA is not bigger than hockey or baseball. Not yet. It's getting more mainstream all the time though.

Good fighters get paid well. If you're basically a freelance/one fight, undercard type guy then you can expect to make 20,000 if you win. Not too bad for a guy with no draw value.

Basically you eat what you kill in the UFC.

4. MMA is bigger than hockey and basketball fosho.

5. Uhm no.

6. Ya cause it describes Tito Ortiz, that dude is such a douche!

7. Americans just want to see violence. The psychological aspect of MMA isn't respected as much as the brutality is.

People are jelous of Anderson because they don't understand him and it bothers them.
    He possesses a swagger that's unmatched in the UFC.

He works on body and mind equally. and takes the mind game to a new level.

Don't worry if he's cocky.
    Respect his art......see what you can learn from it, instead of judging it.

Don't pay money to watch his fights if you can't take anything positive from it. Personally, I am thankful for being able to watch and learn from a guy like that, on my tv.

8. I would be cocky too if i could whoop ass like that. But sadly that will remain a dream im a lover not a fighter.

9. if you actually think about it, MMA is bigger than those sports their is more martial arts, world wide and they have been around alot longer than any of these sports

10. Yeah but MMA has become a sport of it's own, it's no longer one martial art vs another, it's in many ways it's own martial art, forged in competition, the best way to refine any art.

11. Not just one weight class even.:cool:

12. I wouldn't say he's had the best at light heavy though. James Irvin and Forrest Griffin were both perfect matchups for him.

At middleweight though he's king :D

13. #34 TheDankery, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    Surprised no one at all mentioned his fight with Thales Leites. It was maybe even worse than his fight with Maia, except, if memory serves me correctly, it was on free (cable) TV, so at least people weren't forking out their hard-earned cash to pay to see Anderson fight. Though, it seemed Leites didn't want to engage Anderson at all. Maia actually came at Anderson and was at least aggressive. Leites pretty much just flopped down every time Anderson came near him.

He was just toying with Maia. He was even talking shit to Maia in Portuguese.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(sorry if the gifs made your computer explode)

that was such an awkward, weird fight. It was like a fuck you to everyone. Dana White, Maia, the fans, pretty much everyone. He made it clear he could own Maia at any point he wanted to. But he didn't really want to and he never went for the finish.

No one at 185 can challenge him. It's simple. Sonnen maybe. But after that, no one.

Do I wish he wouldn't pull the shit he did in the Leites and Maia fights? Yeah. But I think those fights were his way of saying that these guys weren't on his level, which they weren't.

14. U mad bro?

15. #36 D M z, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    I'm not sure this is what actually happened but it looks like he is psychologically fucking with his opponent's head in those GIFS. The bows and such are not done for show but to throw him off. His opponent didn't understand what he was doing, and looked intimidated by it while he tried to mimmick it.

Right off the bat Silva took the psychological advantage, and you can see St Pierre laughing because he probably knows what silva did, as they both understand and practice the psychological aspect of being a martial artist.

The true artists stand out for a reason, while the violent thug fighters all seem only slightly different in their characteristics ....but they do what they do and artists do what they do.

16. OP would have shit the bed, had a heart attacked and died in a horrible painful manner caused from nanny-syndrome overload seeing Muhammad Ali fight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmaHGY7BEog]Muhammad Ali: The Greatest of all Time - YouTube[/ame]

17. Looking forward to Silva vs Sonnen next month.

Rooting for Sonnen.

I don't dislike Silva, far from it. I just get tired of seeing the same guy dominate for too long. :)

18. They are fighting again? Go Silva. Most of what comes out of Sonnen's mouth is a waist of breath, and he always gets tapped out. And he's a wrestler? lol

19. [quote name='"Ritalin"']

They are fighting again? Go Silva. Most of what comes out of Sonnen's mouth is a waist of breath, and he always gets tapped out. And he's a wrestler? lol[/quote]

Lighten up man, Chael is hilarious.