Hatfields and McCoys on History Channel

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by pearl75, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Who all watched the Hatfields and McCoys mini series on the History channel? If you didn't see it, you really missed something good! It was amazing!! Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton were fantastic. The whole thing was so well done, I was captivated from beginning to end. I just preordered it from Amazon, and went ahead and ordered the soundtrack to go with it. I didn't know Kevin Costner played in a band. History ch. will rerun it a few times, I'm sure. If you missed it the first time, try to catch it the next time it's on. You will not regret it. :hello:

2. im going to watch this some time.

i meant to watch it while it was on tv but D3 was higher on the list of shit to do in my spare time.

3. If you get the chance, and you like that particular genre of film, do watch it. I can't say enough good things about it. And I was really surprised that the History channel didn't bleep any of it. It had some coarse language, and sexual innuendos that you normally wouldn't see or hear on channels like History and A&E.

4. I have the series recorded and have watched the first episode so far and it's awesome :smoke:

5. I finished it up yesterday. I was quite surprised by how much I liked it. This kind of thing is usually not within my normal viewing. I do watch some classic westerns from time to time, but they are still quite different. The quality, both production wise and acting were top notch for the project. I say that, and I'm not even a Kevin Costner fan, but he certainly delivered.

Knowing some of the history is one thing, but it's kind of hard to appreciate the story when you just know bits and pieces. Seeing that history come alive in a well executed series is completely different though. It's much easier to appreciate that way. One gets an inside look at both sides and how they suffered equally and simultaneously. I know that this series isn't an entirely accurate reenactment, but it's probably as close as we'll ever get.

Anyway, I definitely recommend the series to anyone with some spare time. You won't regret watching it.

6. My dad's girl was watching this when I went to visit the other week, the beginning was a little slow and I almost gave up on it but she insisted I hang in there, glad I did!

7. Nobody wins in feuds like that one. Basically, all they did was swap blood for blood. That's why they say they're, "famous for killing each other."

8. Just watched the DVD's of it this weekend. It was produced by the History Channel, for authenticity they used actual guns that were period-correct, from the time of the Civil War through the 1890's. Don't miss this one - it's a little long, but worth it once it gets going, especially the battle scenes.