Marijuana Morning sickness, Cannabinoid Hyperemesis. My experience

Discussion in 'General' started by 1nfection, Jun 1, 2012.

1. [quote name='"meme2712"']

Well you suck as reasoning. I have a mail alert for "cannabanoid hyperemeisis" and when ever it is mentioned I get notified. That is why I made the account I am sick of people like you. Are you a DOCTOR. Cause if you you are you would have access to medical journals regarding this. I have talked to some of the TOP GIs in the US regarding this and they seem to know. I would love your credentials please.[/quote]

Someone who gets so defensive usually knows not what they are talking about and are simply blowing hot air. Don't get so angry because I don't believe you.

As for my credentials, no I have no doctorates, but I assume you don't either. I run a medical marijuana supply business and I deal with enough patients that I would see this more rampant if it was a 'real problem'.

Your 'top GI's' haven't done you any good, as they haven't given you any information other than a general blanket or blame on marijuana. I guarentee its somthing else that is effecting you. Whether it be an ulcer, your diet, ibs, etc...

The more you come at me with your anger, the more you DO look like a troll.

2. Nothing as proof yet...(..you've also lied about your real name, using another online avatar name, no credibility)

YOU keep spouting off rhetoric about what says what...with only a wiki link as proof of something that has no evidence from the medical field, just a correlation...

NAME THAT DOCTOR you claim is one of the best in the field of butt science... NAME THE DOCTOR!

3. Ok you are correct I didnt give my REAL name. But that is the name I use everywhere and the anger comes from going through this for years. I apologize. My real name is Amy but putting my last name in a forum like this isn't the smartest thing in the world. The Drs group I went to was Temple University Gastroenterology. Dr Parkman's group. I saw his partner Dr Lischt. I have CVS but I know that the smoking triggers it. I am not trying to fight, my ONLY goal is to let others that may be suffering to give quitting try, see if it helps. I have not posted any links. There are few but more are coming. This is the first one I found. Cannabinoid hyperemesis: not just a problem in Adelaide Hills
    Here is the Google Scholar links to academic journals
    cannabinoid hyperemesis - Google Scholar

Many only Drs have access too. But not only have I been told this by one but also by ER docs at Jefferson University Hospital. For me personally the pot isnt the ONLY part. Just a major trigger for me.

4. Cannabinoid hyperemesis is rare, but it apparently does occur. There have been several recent studies on it.

However, I have been toking for well over 40 years, and use every day, and I have NEVER thrown up from cannabis! Nor has anyone I have known had this problem....like I said, it is RARE!

And the OP's name suggests to me that he is a prohibitionist troll attempting to "infect" us with over-blown, unreasonable fears! :eek: Since our own personal experiences with cannabis are quite different than the OP's, I believe we should continue on as always, unless the symptoms actually arise! :smoke:

Even if he is being 100% truthful, not all drugs suit a person's personal metabolism. Bad reactions happen! If he believes he has CH, then he needs to quit! There are people who cannot tolerate peanuts, or pennicilin, an allergic-type reaction to cannabis resulting in vomiting isn't that far fetched. :cool:

I happen to think CH is the result of a cannabinoid overload. Your body produces endocannabinoids essential to normal bodily functioning. There are studies that say that there are people who produce insufficient amounts of endocannabinoids*... so logically there should be "over-producers", too. Most of us would fall in between the two extremes.

I think that an "over-producer" can just "get too much of a good thing" and throw his body out of balance.

The reason that the hot baths work is that the body rushes cannabinoids to the skin to deal with the inflammation. The endocannabinoids get used up (they break down easily, unlike THC) and your total cannabinoid level goes down.

My own body doesn't like sodium benzoate/ benzoate of soda, a fairly common food preservative. If I get too much of it, my body goes into a "total purge mode". :( It sent me to the hospital once. I just read all the ingredient labels and avoid it.

I'd suggest that the OP simply avoid cannabis! It apparently does not suit his metabolism, just as benzoate of soda does not suit mine!

(Just means more pot for the rest of us! ;) )

Granny :wave:

*[FONT=&quot]Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD)[/FONT]

5. Rather unlike Granny to not have the several recent studies posted as links in her response; not doubting her in the least, as one of the pillars of this community. It just sounds less than her usual thorough rebuttal. I took the step of emailing this Dr Kim Wild that is listed in the article that the OP cites; all I asked for was what further findings she might have on this matter. If, and that's a big if, I hear back from her I will gladly post it here.

6. #26 SnowCappedHills, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    Infection I believe you... One of my friends brothers has it. When I slept over at his house I woke up in the morning to him violently puking in the bathroom.

but there is just one thing...

It could be that you have this syndrome... or it could be misdiagnosed. You see I went through two years of puking every single morning, sometimes multiple times. I would be in horrible pain and sometimes cry because I was so tired of puking, not knowing what was wrong with me, and just suffering over all. I was tempted on many mornings to just end my life because waking up from that type of pain is no life I ever want to live. I ended up seeing the doctor and had to take many tests, and then even repeating the tests for accuracy. Lots of money spend into figuring out what was wrong with me. You know what they concluded? I have Gastritis (Edit; sorry guys its actually called Gastroparisis Gastroparesis), which is when food takes much longer to process in the stomach than normal. Now I try to take better care of my stomach (like eating cooked foods) and thanks to that and weed to take away the pain/nausea that I still experience every single morning my puking has reduced to on average twice a week.

Just know... Cannabinoid Hyperemisis syndrome is pretty fuckin rare.

7. I have experienced this before too when I smoked a lot. This condition is only starting to become known about now as the studies come out. I'm sure there are many users who have this and get diagnosed as having some other gastrointestinal problem.

8. Don't you mean Gastroparisis Gastroparesis - PubMed Health

that is usually was slow digestion is called and it is treated with Regaln. It also goes right along with Cyclic Vomiting so if I were you I'd look more into that. I thought Gatritis was more of an inflammation brought on my certain foods.

Gastritis - PubMed Health

Good Luck

9. Well i have smoked every day for the past like 5 years I have never heard of this or seen any one of my friends every get this from weed before :smoke::smoke::hello:

10. That's one paper from when, 2006?that support it then against it. I believe there have been more And yes it could very well be something else. But there are always papers that question other studies. It is how science works. All I am saying is if you are going through this try stopping. If it helps YAY, if not keep searching. FUCK I STILL YELL "like Peter Tosh says 'Legalize It'" I'm out of this conversation. I know what I have been through and I don't wish it on even my enemy. Well maybe the Bush-Cheney clan. HA! Honestly, I do believe it is rare, and could be the DX dujur like ADD or Bipolar. PEACE OUT AND HAPPY HEALTHY :wave:TOKING!

11. Rebuttal wasn't what I read from granny...rather acknowledging it possible but rare as there are cases.

OP has some info, sources.,,, and personal experience. (shows good character to apologize and correct an oversight).

Weird things can happen.
    Common allergens from the plant world are known to have give rare person severe symptoms that are hard to trace to source.

IMHO...could happen... hell...I break out in lesions from sunlight now (autoimmune problem) and was active in the sun until 42 years old, now I rarely get in direct light, it hurts after a few minutes (IT BURNS US IT DOES!) no...I don't sparkle or want to drink your blood (yet..) :p

POT is a natural thing...is it so hard to think other plants/animals may have a rare reaction to its composites?:cool:

12. Ya know.. If I threw up from smoking a few times in a row. I'd probably just.. Ya know.. Stop getting high like anyone else in that situation.

Lol

This is all just like.. Really? Lolable even.

13. #34 Storm Crow, Jun 2, 2012
    And EVERYONE has access to the latest studies! Just go over to PubMed like I do! :)

Here are the latest on CH-

Cyclic vomiting syndrome and functional vomiting in adults: association with cannabinoid use in males. (abst – 2012) Cyclic vomiting syndrome and functi... [Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid hyperemesis: a case series of 98 patients. (abst – 2012)
    Cannabinoid hyperemesis: a case series of 98 ... [Mayo Clin Proc. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

A hot bath to calm what ails you - the Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome.
    (abst – 2012) A hot bath to calm what ails you: the Cannabis Hyp... [Acute Med. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome: A Case Series and Review of Previous Reports.
    (abst – 2012) Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome: a case seri... [Psychosomatics. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Marijuana use associated with cyclic vomiting syndrome in young males (news – 2012)
    Marijuana use associated with cyclic vomiting syndrome in young males

14. It hasnt happened to you, therefore it doesn't exist.

Denial that marijuana can be negative for some people is sickeningly rampant on GC lately.

• Like Like x 1
  15. [quote name='"Ironic"']

It hasnt happened to you, therefore it doesn't exist.

Denial that marijuana can be negative for some people is sickeningly rampant on GC lately.[/quote]

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had such a severe issue with your reading comprehension.

Because if you were able to comprehend what I wrote, you would understand I work with a lot of patients. I didn't say "herp derp.. it dun never happened to me so dat der ain't real".. in my experience, I've never seen it or heard of it happening to anyone.

So please, if you're going to attempt to insult me, do it a little better.. because your failed attempt is laughable. If you can't shed some light or input on the thread, other than attempting to cause fights, then just gtfo. There's far too many factors that could come into play with this so-called issue. One could simply be allergic to THC or one of its by-products.

16. #37 meme2712, Jun 2, 2012

yeah after smoking for 20 years it aint all that easy. Once a brain is wired a certain way it takes lots of work to change it. Im working on that. Reading tons of stuff on neurology lately. Connectome is next on the list.

AGAIN I AM NOT THE OP!

17. Grasscity doesn't believe weed has any negative effects. Doesn't suprise me. But good.luck op I hope you feel better.

18. [quote name='"home wrecker"']Grasscity doesn't believe weed has any negative effects. Doesn't suprise me. But good.luck op I hope you feel better.[/quote]

There sure is a lot of children on here. No one said that weed has NO negative effects. The positives far outweigh any negatives when USED not ABUSED. Your user title sure is true if you're going to make comments like this.

19. year your right. thats my bad thanks for the correction!