Marijuana Morning sickness, Cannabinoid Hyperemesis. My experience

Discussion in 'General' started by 1nfection, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Yes I have had the exact symptoms. Nausea and vomiting, every morning till I couldn't anymore and I just dry heaved after that. Fixed my diet, sleep, anxiety levels and what not and guess what... I can smoke all day everyday now and be fine the next day.

You can't tell anything about me from my post because you don't know me so your opinion doesn't mean shit to me and neither does it to anyone here with your 2 posts lol. I'm glad I riled you up enough to make a account just to reply to me.

Again there it is. Anxiety levels play a huge role in this also.

2. resin gets me sick

• Like Like x 1
  3. This and every other thread/forum/blog/post that has any mention of "Cannabinoid Hyperemesis" is fucking ridiculous. I feel like a lot of people are terrified that if there is seen to be anything negative at all about marijuana then they will loose any progress made in the current legalization of pot throughout various countries. People will blindly assume someone has no ideas what they are talking about if they claim to suffer from this syndrome. Just because they haven't heard of it? or experienced it? People get way to fucking defensive over pot. Do people read the news recently? I don't think pot is going to go anywhere so why be so rude and argumentative about something that doesn't concern them? I mean how could this syndrome concern you if you have never had Anything to do with it? I have lived on this earth for 30 years and met thousands of people and not one of them had cancer, so should my conclusion be that people who are diagnosed with cancer must e suffering some other undefined aliment? 

I just don't understand these super angry, offensive and rude comments from people who are so fucking ignorant and proud ,they just don't want to even contemplate that there might be something they DON'T know about marijuana. 

I have quit pot many many times in my life after long periods of heavy, daily usage. And every time without a doubt, after several months of heavy use i will first develop absolutely no appetite UNLESS i smoke some pot. Next comes the horrible morning nausea that again only goes away when i smoke pot to only come pack later on during the day... after the pot wears off.  Then will begin the violent dry heaving/throwing up that can last all day, UNLESS i smoke some pot.  The ONLY thing that would stop this from happening indefinitely would be for me to abstain from pot for a week or two and all my suffering would fade away.. until the next time i started smoking pot heavily. I hardly think you need an MD or PHD in medical science to put two and two together. 

So it hasn't happened to you and you have never heard of it? Whoopee, why are you replying to someone who has? 

4. No to morning sickness tea is the best natural way to treat morning sickness and nausea.

5. You guys sure are being mean to one another. If OP believes it's the MJ causing his symptoms, who are you to tell them that they are wrong?

I have a friend who can't smoke because it makes her violently ill. I can't even imagine having this issue.

6. Ok so here is my story maybe people can relate !

So it's been about 8 months since I first had my first debilitating panic attack ! Now keep in mind that I've been a avide smoker for quite a while I would say ruffly 4 years day in day out ! But about 8 months ago I had a sever panic attack coming home from a long day at work was driving home and smoking a blunt to my self and bamm I started feeling wierd hands went numb my left hand side of my mouth went numb and then impending doom ! To where I couldn't breath felt like I was going to die. To make the story short had a ambulance come to my rescue while me calling my fiancé crying to here saying I was about to die ! I Ignored the symptoms and keep smoking 3 or four day prior to my first attack and since then it has not been the same ! With depression etc... I actually stopped smoking and dint see any mayor results with me stopping

Fast forward to 5 six months from my first panic attack and keep in mind I haven't picked up any weed at all I stopped Cold turkey no bullshit I meet up with a co worker of mine had some weed rolled it up before work and smoked some ! And every since I dint smoke due to the fact that I knew that I shoulnt smoke previous to the symptoms I was having ! And now I've been waking up every morning with a dreading stomach pain ! Nasuated to hell and back feel like I've been having gastric problems have no been able to keep anything down or eat anything to where I'm at work and man I feel nasuated ! And struggle to pay attention with the nasuated and stomach pains been to the emergency room due to the fact of the pain I was having and extreme vomiting that I've been having none stop !

Here's my symptoms!
    Depression
    Stomach pain
    Loss of appetite
    Vision problem
    Mayor gastric problems + mayor Heart burn
    Nasuated to hell !
    Headaches
    Mayor fatigue

I know I'm probably missing some but I've had every test done in the book with gallbladder test to you name it ! And all came negative ! So I stumbled across what it's know as this symdrome and realize this is kinda exactly what I've been feeling with some one you guys !

7. OP died man you're fucked!

Mayor Fatigue fucked...

8. So when you started smoking again the symptoms didn't come back? I wanna try to smoke moderately again

9. did this end up working out for you? i would love to try smoking again moderately and i wanna hear if this worked without symptoms returning?

10. do you still smoke weed?

11. While the symptoms and suffering is real, maybe its not the herb.

I suffer from this. Started in 2011. I had been smoking for years then started having attacks.

I tried diet to control but sill have attacks.

on another thread someone suggested it is a product called Neem that people spray on plant.

When you look up how Neem works it disrupts the gut of the bug to the point they will stop eating. Imagine smoking a bowl with this nasty stuff on the weed. Neem oil is organic but that does not make it safe.

Neem: Why It Works And What It Does - Cannabis - Mycotopia

I've just had an attack after buying some dispensary bud. When i smoked it it made my teeth hurt and gave me a headache. Couple days later I had an attack.

This is the best theory I've heard People have been smoking for 4000 years before this turned up. But once we had commercial indoor grows we started seeing this problem. Neem oil in from India and CHS first shows up in S Australia. A place famous for its indoor grows. Now we see it in the US. But why not elsewhere? I see nothing from Amsterdam or the middle east about this problem.

I am going back to the guy I know and only getting clean bud. We'll see how that helps.

Attached Files:

12. Here is my post from another thread for those who can relate. I wish this was in my head. I am interested if any of you sufferers grow your own and whether you use this Neem oil or anything with Azadiracta the active ingredient in neem oil.

Docs aren't interested in the root cause, stop smoking is good enough advice for them.

"Fascinating thread.

Long time smoker, first time caller.

I've suffered with this for years. Smoked since the early 90s. Always had good connections. Sometime around 2011 I started getting sick. I had lived a little rough, drinking eating crap for years. I was no stranger to driving the bus (if you're familiar with the euphemism for hugging the porcelain goddess). But this was a different kind of sick. Lasted all day, violent and cramping.

Learned to get in the tub. Ended in the hospital a couple times. Couldn't figure it out. Doc, being the butcher that they are wanted to cut me open and take my gall bladder.

I've had dozens of attacks in the past 5 years. Lost 60lbs in a matter of months in the beginning.

Triggered by food, stress, and maybe sometimes booze. (If I am hung over and puke I may start a episode)

Attacks are random. Might go a couple months, might have two in a row.

I feel like there is a blockage that has to work through. Even with the vomiting I seem to work out an ugly fatty lump near the end. I'll drink water knowing I can't hold it down, but just to have something to help empty. I don't even hold back anymore. Yack till it's out.

Even when I'm done with the vomits I still cramp. Baths help, stomach grumbles are the greatest. I will have 30-45sec long grumbles. They are the best thing after a night in a ball in the tub.

I buy my weed. Used to have a connection, bought a 1/4lb every month. She had a few different growers, and we'd get some variety. Now I buy the legal stuff down the street. I'd say most what I buy would be indoor.

I don't always have attacks, and I smoke consistantly. I gave up foods, coffee, booze hoping to find the trigger. Booze and coffee I think help to keep my stomach moving. The cramping goes from the stomach and over my shoulders.

Stress brings on attacks, but food is the key trigger. The stomach just ceases. Nothing gets through. Sometimes it is the meal after the bad meal that comes up first. Fats and cheese like mozzarella seem to be what really kills me. Haven't had a brat in years. I eat boiled chicken and rice. Until I feel to good and cheat a chicken tender only to regret it.

Hot water and the heating pad help, again just hoping for the grumble. So does josteling my gut. Once had an attack before a sailing trip and the rough seas gave me relief. I'll do jumping jacks and the truffle shuffle just trying to get that grumble.

I've read this thread. I'm just coming off a double attack. Twice in as many weeks after a long healthy spell. I bought a 1/2 from the shop.

What caught my eye was the comment about tooth pain. That last sack hurt my teeth when I smoked it. Give me a little bit of a headache. But I was thinking I needed to see a dentist. I've also got a bit of an ice cream headache (which is usually caused by extra blood running the the esophagus). I wouldn't have thought of these but for the thread. I smoked a different weed today no tooth pain.

When I have an attack I get so cold. I'll crank the heat and shiver under the blanket. Can't get warm but in the bath. But after I yack I'm sweating like a whore in church. Even when I'm better I'm weak for a week. I will physically shake wouldn't call it a seizure, but a full body shiver as a crawl from the toilet to the tub.

I don't know which is harder giving up the herb, or giving up the food. If I could eat again I might not be so depressed. When I thought it was my gall bladder I gave up so many foods.

I don't want to go anywhere lest I have an attack. So I'm not too much fun anymore anyway.

I know a guy. No pesticides outside grow. I'm going to source there for a while see if that can help.

I'm interested in the neem theory. It doesn't make sense that this just showed up. Believe it or not but we had pretty good weed in the 90s. And why we see this only in western countries. The indoor grows are adding a bunch of additives. Just bought some benidryl today. I may get some charcoal, can't hurt."
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. I wish this was just a propaganda campaign. And I'll concede this condition is being used by some as anti weed messaging. Our local sheriff made a flyer.

The symptoms are real, but I'm not convinced its the weed. If so this would be old news. But somethings have changed. The indoor commercial grows that sell to strangers are going to be more interested in quantity. They could care less what they spray on the plans as long is the yield is good. Neem is organic so the hippy types will think that makes it safe.

I would like nothing better than to find the herb is safe, but the pesticide is what is the cause. Neem disrupts digestion, that's how it works. And that is the main symptom we are suffering from.

At this point those of us who suffer just want to understand and resolve the problem. I don't want to quit smoking, there has to be a cause. And it makes no sense that it is the pot and no one has seen this until the mid 2000's.

If this guy on the other thread is right, and he figured it out he deserves the Nobel prize. I don't see the average Doc looking any farther. But the weed may not be the problem compared to what is on the weed

Neem Madness!!! lol

14. I want to make this post to tell my story with Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome.

I have smoked weed for almost 2 years now (started smoking regularly around January 2016). My friends and I started smoking daily through a bong and joints/blunts. This continued through summer of 2016. During summer 2016, my friends and I smoked heavily (I would guess I was smoking around an 8th of weed per week). We also were taking chops (weed and tobacco) consistently. I never experienced any negative side effects from smoking until about august of 2016. I was just moving into the dorms for my first year of college when I woke up one morning feeling nauseas. I started to throw up and developed a very sharp, constant pain in my lower abdomen that would not go away. I was vomiting uncontrollably and the pain in my abdomen was unbearable. I could not stop throwing up and eventually was in so much pain that my parents had to take me to the ER. I could not keep any liquids or food down so I was very dehydrated and in pain. The doctors ran many tests (blood, urine, CT scans) but everything showed that I was healthy. I am a very healthy person and have never had any prior medical conditions/history. I am about 5’11 165 lbs. They suggested that I had Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome, something I had never heard about. I read up about CHS and concluded that it was ridiculous I could have such a thing considering that weed had always been super beneficial and something that I could count on to relax myself. It was also a very social thing amongst my friend group. Thus, my stubborn self continued to consume marijuana pretty much daily, usually smoking a joint or two at night. At this time I was in the dorms for college and did not have access to a bong, so I would only smoke bong if I was at a friends house. My parents obviously were very concerned and seemed to think that I did actually have CHS, but the doctors could not officially “diagnose” me with it. It was not until about 2 months later when one night, I had the same nausea from the start of school. I began to throw up again and the excruciating pain returned. Having experienced this before, I attempted to “tough it out”. I stayed up all night in my dorm bathroom, constantly taking hot baths to try and subside the pain. Eventually the morning came and I could not bear it anymore, I was also so dehydrated that I thought I would pass out. I returned to the ER and the same thing happened again. The doctors gave me some anti-nausea medicine, fluids, and eventually painkillers to stop the stomach pain. My parents were understandably pissed, knowing that I had still been smoking. again the doctors said they thought it was CHS and said I needed to stop smoking. (P.S. after both visits to the ER I generally felt fine the next couple days and did not have recurring symptoms besides my stomach being weak from throwing up so much) Once again, I did not want to give up smoking so I continued again. I smoked daily for about 11months with no visit to the hospital and no signs of CHS. Thinking I was in the clear, I had another incident very recently, this time being worse. I had to visit the ER 3 days in a row, each morning repeating the same cycle of vomiting, pain, etc. As of now, I have stopped smoking because I have finally realized that CHS is real and unfortunately I have developed it. Along with the excruciating pain, going to the ER every so often is not something I want to be doing.

It has been about 5 days since my last ER visit and I have not smoked weed since then, nor do I plan on starting. But, it kills me to think that weed will forever be something I must abstain from. Speaking to any of you who have CHS, is there any chance I will be able to consume marijuana every so often, maybe a joint or bong hit every week or two? I have accepted the possibility that I will never be able to smoke weed again, but I also was curious to try using only CBD? I have heard of the benefits of CBD and I think it would be something very helpful to me. Am I able to consume strictly CBD without instigating another hyperemesis breakout? I am worried to try anything because I really do not want to experience it again. If you have any insight - please respond with your experience with CHS. Thanks

15. Moderation dude. Not everyone can smoke grams a day, or even less, and get away with it
    The shitty feelings start snowballing when you become dehydrated, and also lack of nutrition from not eating because of nausea.

16. what do you mean by "get away with it"? I understand dehydration escalates the problem, but that is not what I am trying to address. I simply am wondering if it is possible to smoke at all with CHS?

17. All depends on how an individuals body tolerates it. Different BMI's can come into effect.
    I was skinny, 120lbs when I had my CHS episodes, smoking a half 8th a day. I gained 40-50lbs and I smoke about a gram a day, and don't really get the symptoms. I also keep a regular eating schedule, and I try not to rely on the munchies to make me hungry.

You can still smoke, but you need a detox/tolerance break, and then when you start up again don't smoke as much. And don't habituate your consumption of weed, or your body will become seemingly dependent on the high to feel normal. (thats why the CHS is sometimes relieved by consuming more pot) but it does get to a point where weed wont even bring you out of the funk, which is a sign to stop consuming..... if you have to, you can taper off of it.

If you start feeling that little bit of morning nausea, start smoking less, or not at all for awhile. Especially if it starts messing with your eating habits.

18. thank you for the reply! this is more informative than many of the other posts I've been reading.

• Friendly Friendly x 1