Rubbing banana peel on leaves to treat k deficiency

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Jesus No Name, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Dr. Senn's book should be mandatory reading for anyone hoping to grasp the role of enzymes, amino acids, compounds, etc. in plant growth.

He first postulated and then proved that in a viable soil (field or container) all of a plant's nutritional requirements could be met with Kelp meal.

That got a lot of play in the agriculture community as you can imagine - not! Not with a cadre of buttoned-down assholes from Monsanto, 3-M, etc. with slick brochures, pie-in-the-ski promises about 'yield' but never ever anything about quality in any area - even just nutrition would be a start. Leave taste for next year - LOL

Earthworm castings + Kelp meal with a real soil and you're done.

CQ

2. My work here is done.........

3. :)
    And a great job at that!

4. So rad. Glad you're back, CQ.

5. Hey Comfreyquery and Seandawg ! Ganjagroman here, I'm totally new to the Organic Growing area on grasscity and in general.... 2.5 grows old lol. I truly enjoyed and was in awe all through this thread.. Props to you guys, you know your stuff. I'm in the process of researching plant growth and organics to apply it to my next grow as I am currently finishing some free samples of the nute system I started with. I look up to you guys.. you are my idols and inspire me to do big things with soil haha. Its because of people like MicrobeMan (MM) on here and ComfreyQuery that I switched from starting a degree in computer science to Biology lol. Im dying to try out this stuff i learned about Aloe Vera and Coconut water. Its nice to meet you guys !

6. #26 ComfreyQuery, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    FTGH

If you or anyone else (like the esteemed poster, SeanDawg) were to spend just 2 or 3 hours on research on just 2 paradigms: apical meristem as it relates to the creation of compounds and the plant brain theory then you'll be able to shoot down some of the more popular urban dope-growin' legends:

Defoliation - one of my favorites. Ever see a yacht race where the lead craft stops, rips down several sails in an attempt to go faster? I haven't either. And then there's the whole science that plants create chlorophyl via photosynthesis (3rd grade science) - so how does it work that flowers, totally lacking chlorophyl, will benefit from increased exposure to light? Don't fret too much - no one else with more than a semester of Botany 101 does either.

By the time you've spent 10 - 15 minutes studying apical meristem and it's role in what Dr. Stefano Mancuso and others call the plant brain which comes from Charles Darwin's hypothesis which seldom moves past graduate Botany classes. Darwin is best known for his work that pissed off the church-pew crowd but look at his work on plant brain and most importantly his studies of earthworms. Not composting worms that we keep in boxes and tubs but the ones in your soil (hopefully).

3 hours max............

7. ganjagroman

Welcome to GC - good folks around here. There's also an Organic Grow Journal sub-thread down near the bottom of the Master Page - good information from the keepers of the flame (journals).

Peace

8. #28 ComfreyQuery, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Exactly - all you have to do is to look at (almost) any plant compound and their molecular formula will be CxHxOx and these are created a plant 'on the fly' and this is an ongoing process. Compounds in the reproduction areas of the plant repel herbivore insects, others attract pollinators and others provide defenses against molds, mildew, etc.

Plants can take a compound and deconstruct or modify it to be another. For example many, many plants produce 2 forms of pinene (alpha-pinene and beta-pinene). These are pesticides. Some Conifers (particularly 'pine' trees) combine these 2 forms of pinene (again that the tree created in the first place) and now you would call this new, reformulated compound Turpentine. Big mystery, eh?

Turpentine functions as a defense internal insect infestations, fungi, etc. This compound is really easy to create this synthetically. Go and try to find 'true turpentine'

The base compounds, pinene, are used by flowering plants in different ratios and these create the flavors that distinguish a Basil leaf from a Cilantro leaf - physical structure notwithstanding.

Guess what? The food industry figured out how to do this by studying plants. Take crude oil and through modern chemistry (alchemy) by adjusting the amounts of a-pinene and b-pinene they can create artificial flavors from crude oil!!!!!

Yay!
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

9. That right there just dramatically decreased the amount of reading necessary from a botany text book. Thats more like a quick foot note on flowering! great info! like usual lol

10. Hey CQ,
    You are quite nice to read
    Thanks,
    url

11. A wife was complaining to her husband and wanting money for a boob job. She had been pestering him for quite some time to no avail. One night in a particularly pitched battle he told her, "Look, if you want bigger boobs then all ya gotta do is rub 'em with toliet paper - the Charmin kind or something - and after a while that'll make your boobs look bigger". Furious, she screamed at him "Why would you say that. That's ridiculous". His reply, "I don't know. It sure seems to have worked on your ass"

My philosophy about things like rubbing bananna peels on cannabis leaves is simple: if it makes you feel good and it doesn't harm your plants, and as a result you are spending more time in your garden exchanging your CO2 with the plant's O2, DO IT!

12. CQ

Lmao, what?
    Where did that even come from? Lol

13. I figured that if a person wanted to 'rub' something on 'something' why not go with a product that's tried and proven!

"I'll strap my board to my back and hitch a ride in my wetsuit"

14. Lmao, that is hilarious!

15. #37 ComfreyQuery, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Sean

You'll like this - yesterday between cable, Netflix and Xfinity I watched the following movies: Endless Summer, No Time for Sergeants and Big Wednesday

No Time for Sergeants stood out from the crowd!

"But the latrine is ready for inspection, Sir!"

16. [quote name='"ComfreyQuery"']Sean

You'll like this - yesterday between cable, Netflix and Xfinity I watched the following movies: Endless Summer, No Time for Sergeants and Big Wednesday

No Time for Sergeants stood out from the crowd!

"But the latrine is ready for inspection, Sir!"[/quote]

It was a much better movie than i expected. I can say that at least lol

I like the endless summer movies. My next door neighbor was in endless summer 2. He was tandem surfing with his young daughter in the very beginning of the movie lol.

Yesterday, i think i watched wayyyyyyy to much about the Hatfield's and McCoy's lol

17. Something to consider from a spiritual or religious perspective......