Tutankhamon - 2400w MH/HPS - 4x8 SCRoG - Ebb&Gro Monster Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jakesterjammin, May 30, 2012.

1. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']
    I think it's spelled S H A V E... :eek:

You forgot the H ;) :laughing: :laughing:

:bolt:[/quote]

Lmao!

Trust me I've asked, she says she wants to keep here's in tacked... Lmao no trusting my shaky hands.

2. Well what I do to Co2 my 3x3 tent, first I have to go to the store, because what I need the wife won't allow in the house.. So after I get back I go in the tent and open the Playboy, then I usually start breathing REAL heavy some reason... ROTFLMFAO

Sorry.... :eek:

The smaller tents are hard to really know what you're running...
    What I did, I have a 1 to 15 CFH regulator (Hydrofarm), with 20lb tank hooked to a Digital timer, and I set the flow on 2, then hit the chamber every 3hrs for 2 minutes...

Now of course my 3x3 chamber could maintain 84-86F all though the lights on, it did not vent...
    I control that with a Hydro Innovation fan speed controller which is on the cooltube of the 600w...

Also that cooltube's intake is about 65F air right now, most of the time it's in the mid 40s...
    When the intake air is in the 60, it runs my blower at full load, when in the 40s, it's about 1/2 speed..

3. Hmmm I might be better off just getting a portable AC for my grow room.. There isnt a whole lot of info out there on actually adding it to smaller tents.. hopefully I wont be this small for much longer...:)

4. Let me go look at what you got going and I can better give you my ideas on it all... ;)
    Not that it matters.... LOL :eek:

5. I have a 1000w in a 3x3.. a bit overkill, but I just got a 4x4 for the 1000w and I also got a 600w to put in the 3x3. I'm VERY excited about these upgrades for sure!

6. LMAO up there ^

7. Ohhhhh, I see....
    Ya you first need to get setup and start testing chamber temps and how often the exhaust comes on etc. etc...
    Because do not forget, with the Co2 the plants are going to be processing more nutrient, thus putting more water in the air, and so guess what your RH does... LOL

But ya, I bet you're excited!!! :hello:

If you can get them chambers stable so you don't have to exhaust, you can Tee the Co2 hose and feed both chambers.. :D

8. Should I get a C02 controller to control how the fans come on and off before I go all in to it or is it something that I just have to get and test myself? I apologize in advance for any retarded questions.. I just can't seem to wrap my mind on how to do this..:confused_2:

9. Shit I been growing a long time and I still have problems wrapping my head around Co2 setups... LOL

You have two options here...
    Let's call them, "I know it's right" and "I hope it's right"... ;)

So we'll talk about the "I know it's right" first..
    Getting a Co2 controller which controls the on and off of the Co2 dumping... If you just get Co2 controller only, then you cannot regulate your Co2 with your exhaust dumps.. So you can get an All-In One controller which is much better of course, because now you can control the Co2 and exhaust in one unit...

So the reason I called it the "I know it's right" is because your chamber is kept at 1500ppm ALL times outside of the exhaust dump, and as soon it's done, the chamber's Co2 is replenished rapidly again...

Now, "I hope it's right"...
    This is when we cannot afford a controller and try to use a timer... Well of course you cannot regulate the Co2 with your exhausting, and not only that, if you dump Co2, then 20 minutes the exhaust comes on, then the plants have to be in a chamber for a couple hours which is 10 hotter then it should be, because there is no longer a high level of Co2...

So with the "I hope it's right", the plants get an temp which is just right, then too hot, then just right, and so on...

Now if I had to choose, I'd pick bottled (because it disperses cooler than burners), and a complete controller..
    As you seen in the first post, I chose the Sentinel CHHC-4 for this task...

10. This is exactly the kind of thing I have been looking for. Thank you bud! I might have some other questions after I harvest these plants and purchase some items..

I can hit you up again for some insight right?

11. Anytime bro!!!
    I'm ALWAYS willing to help a fellow freedom fighter!!! :hello:

You know where to reach me... ;)

:gc_rocks:

12. Ok... I immediately have questions then...:rolleyes:

Is the all in one controller part of the "i know its right" method? Obviously I know not to release c02 during lights off.. but the sentinel CHHC-4 is used for this method? I can just keep it going 1500ppm the whole 12 hours... how long does a 20lbs bottle last doing it this way?

13. Yes, you really want a complete controller if you can afford it...
    The Sentinel does both day and night temp and humidity, and not only cooling, heating as well..
    Then of course controls Co2 precisely, so much so, I can enter the room and within a few seconds watch the Co2 level climb a cpl hundred points... I guess that's where the Playboy joke come from.... :eek:

Well a 20lb tank should last about 60-70 days in a sealed chamber...
    But that of course depends on how much you have to vent...

14. Cool.. thanks sooo much for the info JJ. I'm gonna get me one of them controllers soon!

15. I got mine from The Hydro Source - $552.37 with FREE shipping...
    If you email them and ask for a 10% discount, they will give you a discount code to use..

16. Im an upgrade fan! :)
    I need to start an ebay store for all my surplus!
    I think a reason you cant find a heap on CO2 in a tent is and correct me if I am mistaken here, that with a tent you cannot get it 100% airtight and due to being in a small small area if you are running a decent bulb such as 600+, you need to vent regularly hence sucking out your CO2, and also the leaks a tent has would also loose a small amount. Not saying its not possible, just a reason why not many peeps do it for a tent setup. A cooltube negates this need to vent however if you are pulling from a fresh source for it and not the tent via a filter first.

17. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']
    Shit I been growing a long time and I still have problems wrapping my head around Co2 setups... LOL

You have two options here...
    Let's call them, "I know it's right" and "I hope it's right"... ;)

So we'll talk about the "I know it's right" first..
    Getting a Co2 controller which controls the on and off of the Co2 dumping... If you just get Co2 controller only, then you cannot regulate your Co2 with your exhaust dumps.. So you can get an All-In One controller which is much better of course, because now you can control the Co2 and exhaust in one unit...

So the reason I called it the "I know it's right" is because your chamber is kept at 1500ppm ALL times outside of the exhaust dump, and as soon it's done, the chamber's Co2 is replenished rapidly again...

Now, "I hope it's right"...
    This is when we cannot afford a controller and try to use a timer... Well of course you cannot regulate the Co2 with your exhausting, and not only that, if you dump Co2, then 20 minutes the exhaust comes on, then the plants have to be in a chamber for a couple hours which is 10 hotter then it should be, because there is no longer a high level of Co2...

So with the "I hope it's right", the plants get an temp which is just right, then too hot, then just right, and so on...

Now if I had to choose, I'd pick bottled (because it disperses cooler than burners), and a complete controller..
    As you seen in the first post, I chose the Sentinel CHHC-4 for this task...[/quote]

Thanks jake n irn, i been up all night wracking my brain on how to best supplement co2 without having high humidity or temps over 88.. i got some what of an idea where to start now.

18. Yep, I agree, that's why you do not see a whole lot of tent Co2 setups..

BUT on the other hand, with a proper setup, Co2ing a tent is really not that hard...
    Meaning, if you seal off the lamp's cooling form the chamber's exhaust, you should not have a problem containing most of the Co2.

A 20lb tank that does a 2 min. dump @ 2 CFH, the tank should last around 87 hours..
    So that's about 5,220 2 minute dumps at 2 CFH...

Good, if you need anymore help, and or have questions about something, you know how to reach me.. ;)

19. #59 jakesterjammin, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    *** UPDATE *** BUYER BEWARE!!!

Soleus KY-32/AS = BUYER BEWARE ALERT!!

This A/C unit is being sold in a LOT of hydroponic stores, it's made in China, and is being promoted as a "Dual Hose" portable A/C..

First of all, what the dual hose is for, so the A/C unit can separate the condenser cooling from the chamber (evap) cooling side..
    So the condenser side should suck from a hose and discharge the heat through the other hose, and the hot side should be completely sealed off from the cold side, which is what cools your chamber.. The "Dual Hose" design was created so we can use Co2 and the A/C unit is not sucking out the gas trying to cool the condenser (hot side).

So I go into the chamber today and see my Co2 is active, but the reading is 560ppm... :confused:
    I look over at my tank, empty... :mad:

Now I know that I do not have a leak in the tank, regulator, or gauge because when I hooked up everything I did the soap test..
    So I know I have a leak in the chamber, at that point I call a buddy up, HVAC dude, he comes over with some kind of meter...
    Walks into the chamber looks at the A/C and starts laughing.... :eek:

Says there is your leak...
    We pull it out, he takes it apart and the pics is what he shows me...
    HOW THE FUCK CAN THEY SELL THIS AS A DUAL HOSE PORTABLE A/C WHEN IT'S CLEARLY NOT CORRECTLY DESIGNED!!! :rolleyes:

My buddy is sealing it up with spray foam insulation and says he can get the unit's exchange down as low as a 2% loss... :eek:
    Shit I'd be happy with a 5% or even 10% loss...

I'm lucky to have a good friend that knows his shit when it comes to HVAC, or this would have been a total waste of $600 bucks... ;)

Attached Files:

20. Damn that's shitty! Glad your friends going to be able to get that one going again for you though.