Can I grow three plants for the price of 2grams of weed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jack88, May 28, 2012.

1. [quote name='"SnowCappedHills"']

Nice, for sure dude! What have you been using for lights? I wouldn't spend so much money on a timer unless your going for a full operation though. I just plug and unplug the lights each and every day since march, but its not all bad cause just like you I love this hobby. Before as a kid in middle and high school I was always looking for some sort of hobby and besides smoking weed this is just such a fantastic one and I am so glad to be in it, even if it gets hard or sketchy at times. Grass City is a wonderful place to discuss and learn about weed, I learned the most here about weed than any other place.[/quote]

I started out with one 14w 6500k. Now I have 2 26w 2500 and the 14w. Wednesday I'm getting 2 42w 2500k and the timer. I'll have a total of 136w. 2 42's on top and 2 24's. 1 on each side.

2. Its so funny how it is such an obvious option but so few people who smoke pot ever actually attempt growing it, which is a shame. I remember when I tried growing pot back when I was in school, my mother murdered the plants after 3 weeks. Fast forward 6 years and I am only trying again now. This time around they are going to thrive I just know it.:smoke:

3. Dudes, off of my first 2 plants, under tube fluoros, I ended up with just under 4 ounces! Yep! It's certainly worth it! lol

I now use CFLs and electricity costs me about $35 extra per month and I keep myself and 2 other MMJ patients in meds!

Granny

4. #24 chiozan, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    I was looking at your pictures and would like to offer a little advice. I know you are limited on money so I will try and help with the cheapest way possible in mind. I was wondering what are you growing your ladies in? A box, a closet, a desk? What kind of ventilation you working and have you considered about the smell or is it even gunna be a problem? I am a first time grower working on my first grow and I learned a ton. Lost a lady and got one on week 5 flower and thriving. So if I can help I will with what I have learned so far. http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/952181-grow-box.html check out my post there is a little experiment I did for my kid cost me a total of $8 american and it could easily support 2 MJ plants that could produce 4 to 7 grams each. Also bro keep it clean around your ladies. I noticed dirt laying in there. You dun want any uninvited guest in the way of bugs and or gnats and so on cause of a dirty planting area. Just my 2 cents holla at me if you have any questions.

5. 500 euro an ounce??? Uggggh, I'm not bragging but it's standard to get over 2, possibly 3 ounces for that much in Canada. Smart choice to start growing, hope all goes well.

6. Probably something much heftier.

7. No disrespect grannie. What is the consumption of the 3 of you?

8. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Dudes, off of my first 2 plants, under tube fluoros, I ended up with just under 4 ounces! Yep! It's certainly worth it! lol

I now use CFLs and electricity costs me about $35 extra per month and I keep myself and 2 other MMJ patients in meds!

Granny[/quote]

How long from start to harvest?

9. My mom knows about my grow now. She said get rid of them now! I moved them to the spot, got home and said: Done! Now I started skating once a week XD If you wanna see the plants check my journal (Signature)

10. Well well folks, its been a pretty good week for me. Been smoking some seriously tasty Super Silver Haze and some random homegrown stuff. So between being stoned and spending the weekend away from the comp I have been too busy to post. But anyway its two weeks from seed burial and my plants are doing pretty fine. One of the girls (Pic 2) (presumptuous) was starting to grow a little bit twisted, think my humidity dropped something serious while I was away, but she looks okay considering. Must say I never expected this speed of growth with a peice of crap setup like mine.:eek:

Attached Files:

11. Just to mention I transplanted them from those tiny pots about 4 days ago, good thing too cause they are exploding. I am thinking now that they will not be vegging for very long at this rate, dont want big plants, 2 footers work for me. No nutrients added yet, was looking into using urine instead of bought ferts. Been doing a lot of reading and seems to be a valid option.

12. For 500units I could get a 1/4Lb of good weed, or a LB of decent smoke. Or as cheap as $60oz for medicinal mids.

For your setup I would keep as much light on them as possible. You want the lights hanging horizontal (on their side) so that more light can be effectively directed downwards. It is totally OK to mix the spectrum of CFLs you have (2700/6500/5000k) My plants seem to love the whole mix of light spectrum, I have two of each 23w spectrum.
    You can use a cheap aluminum/tin turkey/ham pan as a hood.

DO NOT water with URINE you dont know exactly what your body is pissing out and it could be giving the plant bullshit it doesnt need. If you know about PPM and PH then it wouldnt be a wise decision. Leave that for organic experts.

You cuold have mixed in some perlite with the soilmix, the soil looks decent. The plants look a little sad, im guessing because of the transplant.

If you want to feed your plant, you could get a bit of molasses (no sulphur), or some 100% natural fruit juice, cow/horse/chicken manure, egg shells, epsom salts. Mix it all in a bucket or jug and make a "tea" for the plant, works really well, even better than chemical fertilizers.

13. Thanks for that. I was feeling pretty positive this morning, now I just want to hang myself.:(