Gauges?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Ilovejane, May 27, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Weasel King"']Okay lol[/quote]

All I'm sayin is there is no reason to rage about it, it's all the same...

2. Actually, it is called STRETCHING when you stretch something. Gauge is a unit of measurement (i.e. 16ga, 8ga, 2ga) and is based off of the american wire system.
    I don't know why people don't just use millimeters. "My ears are 9mm"; there is no confusion as to what size they are, especially considering that 00ga can encompass 3mm's worth of size differences.

3. [quote name='"TomRiddleIsDead"']

Actually, it is called STRETCHING when you stretch something. Gauge is a unit of measurement (i.e. 16ga, 8ga, 2ga) and is based off of the american wire system.
    I don't know why people don't just use millimeters. "My ears are 9mm"; there is no confusion as to what size they are, especially considering that 00ga can encompass 3mm's worth of size differences.[/quote]

Thank you, you pretty much said what I was too lazy to type out

4. [quote name='"TomRiddleIsDead"']

Actually, it is called STRETCHING when you stretch something. Gauge is a unit of measurement (i.e. 16ga, 8ga, 2ga) and is based off of the american wire system.
    I don't know why people don't just use millimeters. "My ears are 9mm"; there is no confusion as to what size they are, especially considering that 00ga can encompass 3mm's worth of size differences.[/quote]

I agree with the mm thing. And I am aware that gauge is a measurement based off of this. I guess what I was getting at is that it isn't really that big of deal what people call them.

But thank you for clarifying all of this! :wave:

5. 25mm :D and i plan to stay there o_O lol

6. so about an inch?

7. I'm a 6. The ones I have in now are Zebra print. With pink, yellow, black a little orange and a little purple.

8. Currently have 1 gauge at at 2. Had both at 00's at one point, but do to having heavy metal gauges/me being an idiot, I ripped my right almost to the point of ripping completely. But currently, it is almost healed shut again. Plan to have at least 1 gauge at a 00 again. Hopefully it doesn't look to weird with only 1 gauge.

But, talking about healing shut. Both of mine were at 00 and healed completely shut again. But I know of people who were so lucky when they took there's out at the same size. So it definitely depends on the person. But I also agree, 00's is generally what I've heard as the "point of no return."

9. Lol these ear stretching elitists....

I've had my ears stretched for like 5 years and not one person has asked me what size my ears are stretched. Everybody always just calls them gauges and it needs a name so fuck it.

10. I've got both earlobes stretched to 0mm and a 14 in my nose. I did it as a mix of an idgaf attitude/confidence builder

11. I have size 2 gauges. Yeah everyone seems to be getting them I don't really know why, I guess they just became popular. I've never really liked earrings as much as I like gauges, it's just the style I prefer.

They get gross if you don't clean them enough. It's easy to avoid though...I just take them out when I take a shower and after that I clean them with soap and hot water, and put them back in. Haven't had the stink problem or infections of any kind. People say they're disgusting but that's only if you don't take care of them.

12. I've got half inch gauges... i love em!! so many people have told me not to go bigger, or not to get them in the first place, but its my body and i like em, so... fuck whoever tells me not to do what i want with body... thats like telling me not to smoke bud lmao.

13. Gauges are fine, I have a small on on my ear, just big enought to be able to see through and pass a pencil through it and I absolutely LOVE it. Too big becomes nasty.

14. I started stretching in February at a 16g, I'm now at a 4g. I tried stretching to a 2g two days ago and it was too soon. Super painful. I plan on stopping at 00 or 1/2 inch. I'll decide once I get to 00.

15. 14 to 4 in three months is WAY too fast. Hope you weren't planning on those holes ever closing up

16. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']14 to 4 in three months is WAY too fast. Hope you weren't planning on those holes ever closing up[/quote]

Not sure if that was towards me, but I took care of them. Massaged with emu oil daily and whatnot. I'm cool with them not closing up completely, but I know they'll close up to at most a 10 which is fine with me.

17. lol i said i was stopping at a 00, then i went to 7/16 and said i'd stop, then i went to .5 inch xD i dont even tell myself im stopping now xD

18. Lol i went from a 16 to a 2 in less than a month and then up to 00 and they still closed all the way up.