2012 Growers Challenge!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mjmama25, May 26, 2012.

1. Ok, it's that time of year again and just to make things a little more fun I thought I'd start a friendly challenge for who can grow the biggest, healthiest plants!!!

There will be 4 winners -

Tallest plant

Widest plant

Biggest single cola

And last but not least, biggest overall yield!!!

Anyone who thinks theirs plants will be contenders or wants to participate, post pics here. Keep us updated on your beastly ladies. :D

This is my entry standing at just over 50 inches tall today (may 25).....in the left corner wearing blue trunks we have my Purple Diesel. Guaranteed to be a knockout punch. ;)

Attached Files:

2. Mad jelly here first year growing...mad skillz you have there

3. dammmm, I hope with my special secret nute mix and love and care I can havve one of my girls win one of those listed above :) probably not since its my first year growing.

Are there rules against doing things like, what if somebody altered the way it grew, shall they be disqualified for their plant not growing that way naturally?

I think I may have a special phenomenon going on here, because I planted only 1 seed per cup, and in one of my cups I have two different seedlings sprouted, both are definitely marijuana, two seedlings from one seed? I HAVE TWINS!!

4. [quote name='"blackey"']dammmm, I hope with my special secret nute mix and love and care I can havve one of my girls win one of those listed above :) probably not since its my first year growing.

Are there rules against doing things like, what if somebody altered the way it grew, shall they be disqualified for their plant not growing that way naturally?

I think I may have a special phenomenon going on here, because I planted only 1 seed per cup, and in one of my cups I have two different seedlings sprouted, both are definitely marijuana, two seedlings from one seed? I HAVE TWINS!![/QUOTE]

LOL I've never heard of that!

No disqualifications other than fake pics!!

5. =D Than I guess my twin marijuana plant counts since it sprouted from one single seed xD lol this is gonna be interesting to see how big it gets, or if it dies.

6. [quote name='"blackey"']=D Than I guess my twin marijuana plant counts since it sprouted from one single seed xD lol this is gonna be interesting to see how big it gets, or if it dies.[/quote]

Two sprouts form one spot is not great. They will need to be split anyways of u want them to grow big. And look how big the plants are now. Wait till harvest. We are talking lb plants min.

7. As long as theres no combat over water, or nutes or space so neither become root bound it should be aiight, their one of my bag seeds so I think ill just keep it as a little experament =D I mean, they sprouted from one seed so I assume the whole plant would be two plants with one root system, thinking of it that way it may end up dead if the root system does not get big enough to support two mature plants. Guess i'll need to give it special attention =D

i cant wait to see if u put up any pics of the harvest, gives me more motivation to try to out grow you next year xD

8. I think we should have two categories here, one for legal and one for (not) illegal grows, seeing as it's a huge advantage being able to put it in a huge hole in your garden with full sunlight.

9. Single plant or whole crop ?

10. if you weigh them leo style they yield much more;)

11. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']
    Single plant or whole crop ?[/quote]

Oh good questions. I was thinking single plant.

12. [quote name='"Anonymous303"']I think we should have two categories here, one for legal and one for (not) illegal grows, seeing as it's a huge advantage being able to put it in a huge hole in your garden with full sunlight.[/quote]

I'm open to that! It's all in fun anyway. I mostly just want to see some friendly competition and some bad ass plants. :D

13. [quote name='"northlat"']if you weigh them leo style they yield much more;)[/quote]

LMAO! Good idea. I could harvest a small clone indoors and say it was going to yield 5 lb. ;)

14. Hey mama your purple diesel is from clone correct? Growing from seed and clone should be the only split in the challenge. Doesn't matter if its legal or not the sun shines on us all its up to the individual to take advantage of it!

BTW YOUR PD looks gorgeous:)

VOO

15. [quote name='"mjmama25"']Ok, it's that time of year again and just to make things a little more fun I thought I'd start a friendly challenge for who can grow the biggest, healthiest plants!!!

There will be 4 winners -

Tallest plant

Widest plant

Biggest single cola

And last but not least, biggest overall yield!!!

Anyone who thinks theirs plants will be contenders or wants to participate, post pics here. Keep us updated on your beastly ladies. :D

This is my entry standing at just over 50 inches tall today (may 25).....in the left corner wearing blue trunks we have my Purple Diesel. Guaranteed to be a knockout punch. ;)[/quote]

Can we have a sub categories for us autoflowers :) if so I wanna join :)

16. [quote name='"Daddygrow"']

Can we have a sub categories for us autoflowers :) if so I wanna join :)[/quote]

Sounds good to me. Post pics when you can.

17. [quote name='"VooDoom"']Hey mama your purple diesel is from clone correct? Growing from seed and clone should be the only split in the challenge. Doesn't matter if its legal or not the sun shines on us all its up to the individual to take advantage of it!

BTW YOUR PD looks gorgeous:)

VOO[/quote]

Yeah I kind of agree. We don't want to draw the wrong kind of attention with an illegal grow thread. Let's just keep it the Biggest plant, biggest cola, best dry yield, and best auto yield. Sound good to everyone??? Plus rep to all the winners ;)

18. lost a few ladies last night, but germing a few more seeds as we speak. Gonna be a little far behind on this season but that's just the way it goes sometimes. I'll definitely get some updates later when they're older.

Sure wish i could just grow in my backyard, think i would have some small trees if i did :p

19. I'm IN! I'll start posting pics once I get my ladies in their 50g bags -- I'm going for the highest yield per plant :)

20. I'm in! Here's a picture of my Blackwater grown from seed. I don't have the measurements yet, but I'll get them :smoke:

IMAG0211.jpg

You can see all of my plants in my sig below.