GTA:V Release/Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by NowIsB, May 26, 2012.

1. Just finished my first playthrough of the main story line on xbox one yesterday. Overall the story was good but it seemed short and I still liked GTA IV's story better. I ended with around 130mil spread across all 3 characters... I think I fucked up a bit because if I had saved 3 of the 5 assassination missions until the end of the game i'd have around 1 billion. Oh well. 

I do feel like I was pretty much POOR throughout the entire game though.. and that was a super negative point on the main quest. Like it felt like once I was about 1/2 way through the story you just didn't make money doing ANYTHING. Every other mission it would be you getting ripped off by another quest line that doesn't pay.

Felt like there could have been 2-3 more heists in the game aswell.

Facial animations needed a desperate re-working for the port but I guess that is a little too much to ask... The next iteration of GTA's needs to fix that though.. the facial animations in GTA have been absolute shit for... forever.. lets be honest.

2. GTA IV's story was alright.. I don't think it was better than V's though. Unless you really like to go bowling.

3. #10243 lFourTwenty, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014

No lol I mean me being drunk..while i'm drunk and just cruise around on GTA. Fun as hell llol

But you can smoke weed as franklin..there's a bong on the table in his house

4. Gettin baked physically and virtually

Tha G life

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. bowling wasn't part of the story arc tho

i did luv me sum bowlin

6. #10246 tetoleetd, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    dude GTA IV's story is boring and doesn't have very likable characters. GTA V is way better in almost every way. i personally feel like gta IV is the 2nd worst game in the series, behind gta 3. sorry you feel the way you do but i think most people would agree that GTA V is way better.

i fucking had to slave gta IV just to finish the story, i was hardly interested in it. i just finished it because i just felt like i had to do it. gta V had me captivated every second and IMO has better graphics, characters, mission diversity, story and better everything pretty much. i mean to each their own but i find it hard to believe many people would prefer IV over V.

i played GTA IV sparsely after i finished the story and ive played GTA V for like 20 days after the initial story so that should tell you something. i think this recent game is far more enjoyable.

7. not sure why you would even mention 4, I too think it's almost as bad as 3's story. not that I found it that bad, it's just not as good as 5. I'd say 5 is the best, but it's hard to say since it was more like 3 stories. 5, SA, VC, 4,3. 4 might be higher, but I never played gay tony, so I cant say if that made up for it or not.

8. I accept your apology.

9. I'd love gta 5 story line if it took longer than a day...
    On that have to give it to San Andreas.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

10. #10250 Luvs2splooj, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014

Kindv an odd argument considering there are multiple extremely boring missions in GTA V. Like spending 10 minutes driving a submarine that moves half a mile an hour or spending however long gathering the family and taking them to the Drs office where Michael and his wife argue for 2 minutes and then the mission ends. There are quite a few missions in GTA V where you do nearly nothing. And the bowling comment, I see your bowling and raise you yoga. I think the graphics and world have made GTA V seem a bit better than it is.

There really isn't much to do in GTA V. Driving is IMO boring, shooting gets boring real quick and the cops are too strong to keep it interesting for long enough unless you want to hold up somewhere and pick them off as they come into your view. I like GTA V but I think the only thing it really has over 4 is graphics and the world. It should be a bit better once it's on PC and I can aim properly and use first person and scopes and such.

11. #10251 llllllllll, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
    The aiming in GTA V is the biggest flop I have ever experienced. It is definitely the biggest flaw in the game.. and really the only thing I could go in depth to complain about.. so im gonna do that.

Crosshair is shit. Complete and utter shit. For starters, it is TINY, tiny as fuck. You can make the simple aimer bigger at the sacrifice of accuracy.. not a good trade off. Making it bigger doesn't really help all that much either to be honest. You just whind up with an even bigger crosshair that gets washed out on half of the textures of the game.

Then you have the complex crosshair.. ok it is a set up from the simple reticle. Problem is.. if I am not sitting square in front of my TV with perfect lighting.. I STILL cant find it!  The color + slenderness of it makes it so I have a very hard time finding it on the screen. I have never had problems playing FPS/3PS games and the crosshairs in this game just make it so hard for me to enjoy the shooting aspect.  Why not allow the player to change its color, shape, size etc??? is this too technologically advanced for consoles?

Beyond the crosshair itself.. the aiming just feels bad. Play battlefield, call of duty, gears of war, any FPS or 3PS game and then go play GTA V and the aiming just feels off. IDK how else to explain it beyond that. Its terrible. It feels like luck at all times whenever I kill someone. I desperately want to play the game in FULL free aim, but due to the bad mechanics I have to settle for "Free Aim - Assisted" to have a bit of stickiness when swaying to targets.   The best way to describe it is... Inconsistent. I shouldn't feel stifled by lack of control when I play a shooting game. Play halo and realize the amount of finesse and grace which you can aim with.. then play GTA V and realize that you are being shackled to your controller by whatever rockstar has done to ruin the main mechanics of this game.

It really is a huge negative point for me. I'd have no problem considering this to be one of the "best games of all time" but I mean.. come on.. There was a point where game developers learned the standard way to make FPS games work on console, controls wise; it was some time after goldeneye was released on consoles... So why does it seem like Rockstar is trying to reinvent the wheel? Why not stick to the basics? A green or yellow color and a nice simple design for the reticle.

This is of course only noticeable if you are playing the game without AUTO TARGET / AUTOAIM or whatever you wanna call it. Theres no fun in playing the game that way.

12. its the same reticle they've used in max payne and red dead.

but I get it, if I have to really concentrate on my aim I have to move or stand right in front of my tv, since my shit is way off from where I play

13. Never played either of those games 
    I'd just like something that doesn't wash out on so many surfaces during in-game daytime in GTA V.... ESP when you are reloading your weapon or whatever and the reticle kind of goes halfway transparent.. I completely lose track of where it is on screen most of the time when that happens.

14. Hi Im Niko Belic a bland character everyone has forgotten. nice to meet you. Do you like my accent tho? hah

15. Elaborate as to why you think niko was bland?  Or why you think any of the other GTA characters are better. Niko showed a lot of emotion in GTA IV.

For what GTA IV focused on, they hit a home run. The theme, atmosphere and story are all A Grade.

16. First game i bought in over a year...havent really played it yet but cant fuckin wait! Bet its gonna be dope

I've never played them either, but I've also not heard any complaints about it, at least none that I can remember.

you sure that isn't just your tv? while the aiming can be a bitch, I don't really lose my reticle and my eyesight is shit even with my glasses. though I play with the advanced option or whatever it's called, I cant do that dot shit.

18. I think the aiming is so sloppy because the reticle is speeding up the longer you hold it in any direction, never really moving the same speed

On second examination it is just a problem with the pistol reticles as they are different than the other weapons when you use the complex aimpoints.

yeah, that'd be it. Theres a name for that but I forget what it is.

20. this game records too many clips on xbox one by itself..

shoot down a helicopter, snipe someone, drive fast, weave through cars, roll your car over a few times it will record most of the time whenever you do one of those things, and more