GTA:V Release/Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by NowIsB, May 26, 2012.

1. Well GTA:V is right around the corner; many sources speculate its release around October-December 2012 as well as Rockstar stating that it's release will be in Quarter 4 of 2012.

Anyone else psyched for the release? Should be pretty hard for R* to fuck this up, they have the blueprint from GTA4, now all they gotta do is improve upon it and add features that were missing... such as..

-Customizable cars,
    -Character attributes,
    -Houses that you can buy? (like in vice city)
    -Mo easter eggs :smoke:
    -Multiplayer that is even better than gta 4:hello:

I feel like if R* doesnt add a dickload of weapons; like everything that has been in GTA series thus far, they are missing out. I mean, how hard is it to do that? Why are all of the games so skimpy on weapons and customization of weapons? (scopes, silencers etc)

sexy screenshots tiem

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here is a link to the trailer for the 1 of you that hasn't seen it yet

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer - YouTube

:)

2. Game looks dope dude

3. I love every GTA I'm so excited I beat GTA 4 twice on third play through now!

4. i have high hopes for this game. if it is as bad as IV im sorry to say I will never buy another GTA game.

5. This game's going to be fuckin crazy, I can't waitttt

6. Is it coming out for PC? If so, hope they make it more modder friendly. I would love to replace all the stock cars without having traffic issues like in GTA4.

7. shit looks baws

8. Idk how u can not like gta 4, its the best and most improved iteration in the series

9. awh nowisb is on my ignore list, thats too bad

i am still going to visit though ..

10. i loved gta iv but it definitely was no where near the best.

11. Lmao, this kid. Does he always need to say this when he sees me in a thread? :confused_2:

12. lmao no seriously though, how sad you must feel about yourself if you have to proclaim that everytime i see you :laughing:

13. IV sucked so bad...V better be more like san Andreas or I won't even purchase.

14. Lets hope they make it PC worthy. It was dumb playing multiplayer and not being able to text chat in game. We got jipped with no red dead redemption on pc as well

15. San Andreas was the best game in the series IMO. But L.A. (Well, L.S. :p) gang culture interests me so I'm biased.

If I ever become a multi-millionaire I'm financing a San Andreas remake on whatever futuristic gaming engine they have by then :smoke:

Anyone pre-ordered it yet? A store near me offers a discount if you pre-order, even though it won't come out for almost a year.

16. What did the people who didnt like GTA IV dislike about it so much? Maybe i have a bias towards it seeing as i grew up for a part of my life in NY ?

I feel like they left out some obvious things, Character attributes, customizable cars, but beyond that i cant really think of too many things??

Also @ herbie, i think the game is dropping before the end of this year, so its not a year away, more like 1/4 - 1/2 year

17. Exactly GTA IV lacked customizable stuff, story was pretty whack..side missions were lacking...driving mechanics worst of series, not enough variation in how cars performed..soundtrack was weak..GTA III was groundbreaking enough to overcome some of those issues, but GTA IV should have been best yet, rather than starting point for new generation...especially when it takes what 5-7 years to follow it up?

18. I hope you can tear out a pedestrians vagina and wear it as a hat

19. woah woah woah, worst driving mechanics? how about the only one in the series that actually HAD driving mechanics lmao.
    Seriously tho im taken aback by what you said xD

Every car was different, GTA 4 was the only game to successfully implement weight distribution in every car, causing a dynamic feeling throughout the game. Did you play gta 4 by chance?

Well.. it WAS a starting point for the new generation.. It was their first attempt at the new generation console, they had to learn how to code for the new systems and such, and how to best utilize the xbox's full potential leading to only having to load 1 time.

also GTA 4 wasnt the only game they were making in the 5 or so years from SA to GTA 4, they have other series aswell as other iterations of GTA for handheld consoles and such.

The story in gta 4 was perfect for its setting, though lacking in a variety of sidemissions like SA, GTA 4 introduced the friend system, which offered more things to do once the story was finished, also one last thing, Would you prefer rockstar started shitting out new grand theft autos ever year like call of duty? I didnt think so.