Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does Marijuana cause you to not have dreams?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ariees, May 23, 2012.

1. @[member="janedough"] Thanks for quoting that bit of science, I definitely notice I dream less when I go to bed high. I always thought that it was just me being stoned and not able to remember my dreams, but maybe you just don't have the dream in the first place. 

Then again, there's plenty of people in this thread saying just the opposite is true for them. Interesting.

2. #22 Wiggibow, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    Never have I EVER remembered a dream while smoking was a part of my daily life. It simply does not happen over here, ever. If i stop smokin for a month or so though I'll start dreaming (memorably) again..
    I've never been one to recall dreams much though, but its still noticeably absent when I'm tokin

3. #23 OntheDopethrone, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    Only once have I remembered a dream while high

4. No. Just because you don't remember every dream you have doesn't mean they don't happen. 

5. I have the craziest most incredible dreams while high. I remember them very good when I wake up and still can remember some.

6. Short term memory is a side effect of weed, you still have dreams you just probably forget them

Ok, I want to know what they are using as a "placebo". It must be pretty god if you don't know the difference between it and Cannabis.

8. when i smoke and go to bed i never remember my dreams. But when i don't smoke and sleep i have the most vivid dreams. this happens all the time.

9. When I smoke my dreams usually go away.  After taking a break from smoking I start having dreams again.  I am a very very heavy smoker

10. This thread is like three months old, however, I myself and most of my stoner friends say they do not dream when they have smoked.

11. i smoke weed everyday and whenn i go to bed i just dream  black and the next day i just remember black why i that

12. I smoke daily and dream about half the time. On nights that i do not smoke i have very vivid lucid dreams. Its like getting a free trip in place of the weed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I essentially never remember any dreams. Heaven forbid there is a day or two I go without smoking i dream and my mind doesn't know how to process it. If I dream it will wake me up, 100% of the time.

Not to say that I think I don't dream when high. Everybody over the age of 5 knows we dream regardless of what our memory says. Remember/not remembering aren't words that fit with my experience is all. I also am not implying weed helps me with this "issue". Caused it but is an easy fix, Just stay high

14. You'll forget then most of the time. Quit smoking for a while and you'll have some pretty trippy dreams lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I had a dream last night i went into a chip shop and the manager came out after i ordered and started telling me to dress my own burgers and shit. I told him to fuck off wtf is this and cant remember anything after that.

Oh and I was highly marijuanated lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Yes I dont dream on weed but when I have a t break i often get lots of vivid dreams. Really weird would love to know science behind it.

sent from under mi sensi tree

17. if you smoke 2 hour's before you go to bed or sooner,you will not remember your dreams (if u do have them) but if u wake up during the night and go back to sleep you will dream "sometimes" I remember them sometimes... but I have been wondering/thinking this for over 10 years now because I rarely dream maybe 20 that I can remember in the past decade.I assume now in my older age now 36 years old that it is the pot.i don't know if it's affected me in a bad or good way but I know it's a fact for me that if I smoke pot anywhere between 2 hour's of going to sleep ,I will not dream,or I just don't have any recognition of it.

been noticing it for over 15 years!

im pretty sure the science will come out with the same conclusion.