Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Don't Think Life is Better When High

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OmegleMeister, May 20, 2012.

1. I hate being not high.

2. Preachy muthafukers.... use whatever you want, whenever you want and you decided what is good for and what not. Use infomation but the most important thing is dont listen to people who have 'eureka' moments, based on absolutley fuck all experience and/or knowledge! try to stick with information gained from years, 10's of years of EXPERIENCE!...

3. #43 420Jay, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012

you my friend have earned +rep :D

4. Oh I'm soo happy in my life at the moment... I just dont understand why people use crutches to help depression... Im young, carefree, mortgage free, my mom and pop fund my happy go lucky lifestyle... Why Oh why do all you 30+ year olds, with children, money worries, people who are very close to you dieing all around you, cancer not just one of those things you hear about on the TV anymore.... Why oh why do all you people, you people I just cant empathis with at all because Im a happy go lucky kid, why do you rely on things to stabailise your mind and life... WHY??? dont do it... I dont, and look at me... I'm sooo happy...... :confused: :mad:

5. Totally agree.

6. [quote name='"Sherak"']Preachy muthafukers.... use whatever you want, whenever you want and you decided what is good for and what not. Use infomation but the most important thing is dont listen to people who have 'eureka' moments, based on absolutley fuck all experience and/or knowledge! try to stick with information gained from years, 10's of years of EXPERIENCE!...[/quote]

This guy knows what the fuck is up.
    Stop the preaching and toke!

7. I mean, it isn't about doing whatever you want. It is about doing something good for yourself. Sure people can do whatever they want and that is great, but it should be good for themselves you know? I mean by all means, smoke if it helps your depression. I personally think nothing will get you over your depression except yourself. Stop feeling bad for yourself and start realizing there are so many more things in life you can put your time and energy into instead of wasting energy being upset.

I mean this girl in my school uses one of my friends as a crutch. The girl keeps my friend up till 3 AM almost every night just talking to her. It's fucking ridiculous and completely inappropriate. She is taken advantage of my friends niceness and caring to help herself.

8. #48 infamousnugz, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
    I have learned that if you take 5 different individuals, and wake them up, and send them all on the their merry or somber way, that all people see, and feel life differently. Perception can change easily, or after a long length of time, so can all of the emotion and feelings associated with life. Kind of like taking antidepressants and having your whole world change down to how much light your eyes intake, to what you feel affects your confidence or comfort levels.

For me, weed allows me to relax and feel less apart of the fray, less like I need to be doing what everybody else is doing, so I can sit back and rationalize and reason with my own life where I see fit. Many people wake up outta the bed and assume they're apart of a day where everybody is reading their thoughts or everybody is feeling similar vibes as they are.

Realistically, we all feel different, and weed can be a defense mechanism/depressant for some, whilst being something that just simply increases how interesting things are for others, how good food tastes, and the like. A common mistake is that people assume others feel/think like them when that is very far from the truth.

9. ^that much is self-evident.

People like you contribute to the negative self-image that some people have when they think that others are judging their choices. You haven't revealed any esoteric methods that help people heal their problems (abuse, abandonment, death of a child/spouse, physical and mental ailments, etc) only generalized, self-serving statements that feed your own sense of accomplishment and grandiosity. This thread is a textbook example of how people deal with their insecurities by inflating their own sense of self-worth.

If you want to help people live better lives, then I think you should try to understand the problems that lead people to feel the way they do about themselves instead of the choices they make... some people spend 8+ years in higher education learning how to help people cope with, and overcome their problems. What you've written here amounts to nothing more than "get over it".

10. Or you could realize that I stated that I was depressed myself. I got over it myself. I didn't need to do anything except realize, myself, that I didn't have anything to fret about. My reasons for being depressed were not justified in anyway after I thought about it. I think if you took your blinders off you would realize that my creation of this thread was simply to spark an interesting conversation. Everybody has their own opinions and everybody is entitled to say whatever they want.

It is my opinion that people who are depressed need to help themselves. It is my opinion that crutches are bad. It is also my opinion that you can take your negativity elsewhere.

Nowhere in this thread am I criticizing anybody. I simply have my opinion which I am entitled to. I don't think people who are depressed should rely on things to get them through it except themselves. Sure you can use friends for support or any crutch for that matter, however putting all your weight on something or someone else is not helpful in my book.

You are an idiot for thinking I need to inflate my self worth. If I wanted to inflate my self worth I would try to impress people in REAL LIFE. This is a forum buddy, you have interesting conversations here.

Think a little bit more before you say something stupid to me again.

11. When you offer an uninformed opinion on a public message board you can expect the type of responses you are receiving. Telling people who might have serious problems to disregard professional advice (doctors shouldn't prescribe drugs to treat depression) is highly irresponsible and completely open to any and all criticism. And you are free to bloviate about how you're just trying to help people and thusly all criticism against your bullshit is "negative nancy" and blah blah blah... Knock yourself out, keyboard guru...

12. At no point did I suggest people should stop taking their prescribed medication. This is literally a discussion. I am not suggesting anything to anybody.

Don't kill the mood brah.

13. Carry on, brah :bongin: