Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Don't Think Life is Better When High

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OmegleMeister, May 20, 2012.

1. I don't think we disagree about much, if anything at all. "It sucks but that's life." That's why I smoke weed. Like I said, I'm not one of those people that just sits and complains about shit all day.

2. wait... what? Who am I rebelling against by growing and smoking pot? And why am I rebelling against them?

3. #23 Scribbles510, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    Don't get it twisted, the government is not trying to fix our problems. They just make it seem that way, but if you look at the implications of the written laws, they benefit the rich. They may say "weed is illegal because it is bad" when really the truth is "me and my homies make wayyy more money off this shit being illegal, so we're gonna keep it that way and tell the public it's bad for them". It goes beyond weed, though. It's like that for almost every law.

You are rebelling against the government that says you can't smoke. You are rebelling because an authoritative figure is stopping you from doing something you obviously like to do. That would be rebellion. This is ridiculous that you even have to ask these questions.

4. i totally agree. Whenever i smoke alone, i get really emotional. I have depression, and its not really doing it any justice. For the record, i love weed and smoke it at least once a day

5. life isnt better high, its the same as when your sober lol. any drug can control you if you let it. it just takes moderation and self control to stay where you need to be i guess.

smoking relieves a lot of stress and anxiety for me personally, but so does my dog, boxing, wrestling, hunting and fishing. diversify your hobbies and keep your self happy

6. Sorry bro :bongin: I'm asking these questions because nobody is stopping me from doing whatever I like to do :bongin:

:bongin:

7. uh huh, I suspect that nobody is stopping you from smoking weed either, you might just be doing it to piss somebody off who, unlike the rest of the world, gives a shit about you?

Who else would give a fuck that you're smoking weed? A cop? I highly doubt you're blowing weed in cop's faces, so it must be somebody who buys your clothes and your food and is willing to pay for your education, among endless other favors that you are trying to piss off.

Well, good luck with that. :bongin:

8. back to the OP, i think for me weed is a hobby not a lifestyle. i find pleasure in selecting a nug and grinding it up and proceeding to roll up my own joint and smoke in the park or whatnot.
    then the effects it has on me as a creative individual is... well... it does increase my creative juices, and i have been through depression and i agree with you, i told myself not to smoke. i also tel my friends not to smoke cuz thats how it becomes difficult to not get addicted.

also, why are people saying hes applying this to everybody? the title of the thread after all is "IIIIIIIIIIII dont think weed is better when high." the OP makes some good points that i find i agree with. cool thread.

9. About the depression part...

It depends on what you mean by depression. First there's clinical depression: meaning there is a chemical imbalance in your brain causing depression. Then there is normal depression: your dog just died and your down. I wouldn't smoke after my dog died(unless it's like a bowl to remember my dog by) but I would never use cannabis to cope with it.

On the other hand, marijuana for treating clinical depression works wonders.

10. Oh man, you guys make me laugh.

I agree, though. Some people just don't know how to handle their problems, so, they turn to drugs.
    I feel that if you're using marijuana as a crutch, (like the pp stated) you never really learn how to deal with your problems and fix your issues, accordingly.
    Now, there are people out there who are depressed and there really isn't a reason for their depression. I feel that people like that would benefit from smoking the herb instead of taking an FDA approved anti-depression medication. Side effects: Suicidal thoughts.
    (I mean, really, an anti-depression medication can make you suicidal? Defeats the purpose, if you ask me.)
    Besides, I don't like pharmaceuticals & definitely don't trust the gov't.
    I think the key is to be honest with yourself for the reason you use marijuana.
    If you feel defensive about your usage, there is probably some type of underlying problem there, no matter how small it might be.

11. Dude nothing in this thread you've said has made any sense. I'm talking about by law the government restricts you from growing and smoking weed. Obviously they aren't knocking on your door to see what you're doing, but the fact that it's restricted by law says enough. People that would give a fuck about my weed habits include heirs to the DuPont family, elites in the timber industry, people of that nature. Suggesting that I smoke weed to piss my parents off? Please man, I wouldn't even do that juvenile shit when I was 14 and started smoking. I go to school on loans, and pay for all of my shit except rent. I don't eat a lot, but when I do, I buy it. I dress like a straight bum, nobody buys clothes for me but me. I got the utmost respect for my parents, so much that I won't let them pay for my shit. Please don't act like you know my situation.

12. This thread is dildos

13. Wow this thread really took off fast! That being said, thanks AJ. I wasn't condemning anybody, so sorry if anybody thought that! I was merely curious about everybodies opinions! I personally, am glad I didn't start smoking until I was happy. I feel as though I would have let it take over me. Obviously everybody has their own coping mechanisms.

This girl in my school is depressed and cuts herself and is always high when I see her. She takes other drugs too when she isn't at school. But she is essentially cutting herself off from reality and I don't think that is appropriate.

I think for some marijuana can definitely help with depression, but isn't that temporary? When I was depressed, I overcame it myself. I reevaluated my life and made changes that I am so glad about. For me, the depression was brought on entirely for social reasons. I didn't have many friends and I never got up the nerve to involve myself with more people. Now I am happier than ever :D

So, once again, I'm just curious about what everybody thinks!

My opinion is that it shouldn't be a crutch. It is something you should enjoy. Depression I think is something you have to overcome yourself. There are people in this world that have it a lot worse than you do.

14. All this over analyzing... Damn.

All I know is that there's times to smoke and there's times not to.
    I hear you though maybe you ought to take a break for awhile (why waste money) and start up again with a new tolerance?

And when it comes to depression weed made it way worse for me.
    I thought I was done for good but now I like it in moderation. Especially with friends.
    If I have a boring day Sparking withmy friend just makes everything so much more fun and imaginative for me. The next day I'll usually feel really good.

15. Marijuana helps treat depression, end of story. I guess moderation is key here but I still see your point OP.

16. Using weed when depressed to cope with it, which leads to it to becoming your crutch, then to your dependancy. You need the ganja or else you will kill yourself because of the depression.

17. My experience with smoking weed to deal with depression:

I have been a regular (almost daily, but not all day, and the occasional week-long break) smoker for a few years, but I went to college earlier this year. Lived with two people, they ended up hating each other... I was stressed as hell because there was fighting/arguing/yelling almost all the time for months. I couldn't think straight, I was unhappy, I was lonely because I never felt like going out, I didn't go to class much at all because I felt like shit, which in turn resulted in more stress because of disappointed parents.

During that time, I decided "fuck it" and started smoking all day every day, because I was feeling close to killing myself. Smoking pot all day didn't improve the situation at the house, didn't make me go to class any more (or less), but it helped me tolerate that shit and move on to the next day. It would also give me motivation to at least go outside, bike down a trail to just enjoy nature and my surroundings to clear my mind for a bit. So I was basically high for 3 months straight.

After first semester, I cut my losses. Moved back in with my parents (continuing to pay rent and bills for a house in my college town even though I didn't live there), got a job, quit buying pot for 2 months to save money, quit smoking for 1 to save money, and bought a sexy vehicle. Shit turned around really quickly, and got better.

As far as the weed goes, I quit "cold-turkey" and felt no withdrawal or anything. Sure, I felt like smoking sometimes, but it was simply the thought "now would be a nice time to smoke". Nothing more, and easy to dismiss.

Now I'm back to smoking daily (not all day, just once), have a vehicle in my name with insurance in my name, have a job, and still manage to have some extra cash :)

The main point of my post:

Life isn't better when you're high all the time, the problems are still there, and you really shouldn't use pot to cover them up. It helps nothing, but if you don't have much else for options, it will help you through some tough times. You just have to be ready to give it up if necessary and flip your life around, start smoking once life is steady(ish) again :)

I'm high :smoke:

18. Marijuana is prescribed for depression at times. That does not necessarily mean it is helpful. Do you think it should be a crutch?

19. [quote name='"OmegleMeister"']

Marijuana is prescribed for depression at times. That does not necessarily mean it is helpful. Do you think it should be a crutch?[/quote]

Never use anything as a crutch or become dependent on something. Still weed can help depression and I've seen it work. But since we're on the crutch discussion aren't depression pills used as crutches?