Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Don't Think Life is Better When High

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OmegleMeister, May 20, 2012.

1. I don't think life is better when high.

Marijuana is amazing. It makes everything "Feel" better. Music is better, food is better, sex is better. There is no doubt.

I, however, think that being sober is amazing. Smoking weed makes me appreciate what I have when I'm sober. I was hanging out with a friend yesterday, just lieing in the grass in my backyard and staring at the trees. We were sober but it was one of the most fun things I have ever done.

Now comes to my problem. I don't think marijuana should be prescribed to people that are depressed. I used to be depressed and I am SO HAPPY that I did not smoke weed at that point in my life. I started smoking weed when I was back on track. If I smoked when I wasn't okay I feel as though I would have created an inappropriate attachment to smoking. It would have become my life and I would have been unhappy without it.

I think confiding in something to help depression is not good and is actually damaging. I helped myself by realizing what I had and how if you just wake up in the morning and think to yourself, today is going to be a great day, then it will be. You can't let anything bother you because life is too short to dwell. You missed the train to work? Your going to be late? Just sit and think, maybe it happened for a reason. There is no reason to dwell on it and become upset.

So, I want opinions and comments from people that currently smoke weed because they are depressed. Don't you think it is bad you confide in marijuana to make you happy?

I want your honest opinions and then tell me what you think about my points. Do you agree with me but are sad and you can't stop?

I am so happy in my life right now. Surrounded by amazing people, amazing friends, and I love everything. I have such high ambitions for myself and would never let anything ruin them.

Post your thoughts!!

2. It's a total Catch-22. Yes, to some degree you are correct, that by relying on marijuana to create a 'happy' euphoria makes it harder to feel the same way when not high.

I suffer from depression, and I agree with you, I'd be way better off not smoking it every day. Though it takes some time to get used to not smoking everyday, and this life style change can be depressing for some. However, for the really depressing moments marijuana is helpful.

However, the same part of the brain that controls mood also controls anxiety. Thus, most people who are depressed are also anxious to some degree. For anxiety, I feel as if marijuana is very helpful.

3. Your opinion .... Be lucky you feel that and not judge those who need it ...

4. Don't use cannabis as a crutch. Use it for enjoyment at appropriate times.

5. agree, but some people will never heal the problems for which they compensate (with drugs)

People who have the capacity to get their shit together will get their shit together. If you take the approach that everybody is doing the best that they can do at all times, then their shortcomings and achievements become a more accurate reflection of their humanity than it does of their circumstances or environment.

I'm really happy for you, that you're discovering what makes you tick, but your mistake is in applying your standards to other people. What people do to their own bodies and why they do it is none of your business, and you'll never fully understand why people do the things that they do to themselves.

Best you can do is try to help them when they ask for it, and leave them alone when they don't. :bongin:

6. It's cool that you can enjoy life without weed, but I'm sorry society sucks too much for me to not smoke.

7. [quote name='"X24"']Don't use cannabis as a crutch. Use it for enjoyment at appropriate times.[/quote]

Yup yup.

8. How so?

9. Couldn't agree more.

10. How not man? You don't even have a voice that counts in this country unless you have cash out the ass.

11. So what? doesn't stop me from doing what I do.

12. It doesn't stop me from doing what I do either, which is smoke weed. I have the same exact feeling of "So what? This ain't gonna stop me" except what I do is smoke.

13. Is this country hindering your ability to enjoy your life? Are you not alive? Can you not change your life for the better at any point you should decide to?

I have a strong distaste for our government's set up, but when it comes down to it, I'm still me and you're still you. Life is still open ended and beautiful.

14. No offense, but you sound like one of those stereotypical stoners against the government because you're in a shitty situation (broke, shit job, no job at all). Hopefully I'm wrong. Why don't you move elsewhere if you feel like that? Sorry if I sound harsh but I like to always play the other side of fence, even if I don't agree with it. I love discussion especially when toking.

15. #15 Scribbles510, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    Yes, this country is hindering my ability to enjoy my life, through things such as the criminalization of marijuana. I am alive, and I choose to smoke weed. It helps me "stick it to the man" if you will. I know I can change my life for the better at any point, but there is not always that clear option that betters your life. You don't really know how shit is going to turn out until it's already been done. I still feel as if life is free and open despite the government's restrictions and regulations. It's not like I said I use weed to escape society, I just smoke weed because society sucks. Doesn't mean I just sulk all day and don't try to better my life and the lives of those around me.

You're wrong. I'm not against the government because of my situation. I don't like the government because of the way they run shit. You can't honestly say that the government is one bit fair. People in Congress can commit felonies like it's nothing and get off. You don't ever hear about politicians going 100+ MPH recklessly? That's a felony and they should be banned from having a seat. Not to mention PACs and all the politicians' goons that help pay for the campaign for a return investment.

16. Smoke pot to overcome your distress at not being able to smoke pot.... :confused_2: makes sense to me :bongin:

17. [quote name='"i GOT FiRE"']
    How not man? You don't even have a voice that counts in this country unless you have cash out the ass.[/quote]

Yup and they keeps us poor ....

18. I actually agree with some of your points. A lot of shady shit goes on every day. I saw something recently in the news about some politicians taking their families on very expensive vacations on our tax dollars. I think it was actually in Cali. It's all about who you know, man. It sucks but that's life.

19. I hope you're kidding... How does that not make sense? It's a common form of rebellion. Your parents say you can't do something, so you go do it. How do you not get it?

20. Bahahaha "Makes sense if you don't think about it."

But I get what he means. The government in its self has gotten involved in far to much and honestly creates problems that it then tries to fix with more governing...