Decrimilization in NJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dom12, May 18, 2012.

1. when do we know it pass or not?

2. its going to be vetoed dont get your hopes up

3. Doesn't mean the end of it. Could be overrode. Hopefully. This is a time I actually like the checks and balances system haha.

4. 96% say it should be decriminalized and 3% say no, wow that's incredible. I guess the other 1% is undecided :p

5. The poll says, "this is not a scientific poll".

I still trust the results though.

6. Christie has said recently: “The federal government still says marijuana is an illegal drug" and "I don’t think we should send any sort tacit approval to our children that somehow this is not bad anymore" . The only message we're sending to our children is hypocrisy.
    This man talks out of both sides of his ass. If he didn't veto this bill (which clearly his constituents and fellow state representatives want), it sure would make many of our lives less stressful!

7. yo does anyone have any idea of when the Senate or whoever is scheduled to vote on this?

8. We need 10 more assembly votes and 27 senate votes for the bill to overide the veto

9. Technically the bill has passed, but Christie has promised to veto it instead of signing it into law. The only hope is for the assembly/senate to override the veto.

10. Two Questions.... In your opinion what are the chances of that? And when will we find out if he vetoes this or not?

11. Well, considering the Assembly passed the bill 44-30, and accounting for the fact that we'd need a 2/3 majority (not to mention the Senate would have to have a 2/3 majority as well), I think Christie will sadly get his way and it won't pass. I think Christie is just stalling the progression of marijuana (medical or otherwise) that has been made in NJ; I sure as hell never thought we'd even get medical!

As for finding out if he vetoes it, I have no idea. I've been searching the news both online and on tv, but no one seems to be talking about it. Go figure.

12. Christie and his campaign manager are under investigation for money schemes involving halfway houses and paroled convicts,,should be hearing about it up there,,he was removed as a possible VP candidate because of it.

13. ya something is better than nothing

14. That's probably why he doesnt want it to be decriminalized. He wants to continue to make his money on other peoples drug rehabilitation. I could be way off though, plus he is just being ignorant.

15. Link? PM if you don't want to post it please.

16. Yeah wanna see link also

17. I saw it on CNN when the talking heads were discussing possible running mates for Mittens,,they had 12 possibles and at one time Christie was ranked pretty high as possible VP,,,I would search "halfway house scandal in your NJ papers and search his campaign manager/long time friend's recent news articles,,sorry I can't remember his name.

It had something to do with his buddy getting contracts to run the halfway houses through Christie's help and failing to meet specs or maintain standards for their flow of inmates,,I think they were washing them through and carrying them on the books and had more listed than they could have housed....that was what I caught of it.:smoke:

18. I remember hearing something about the half-way houses a few weeks ago, but if I recall correctly it was some code violations. I've been in some of these half-way houses and seen things far worse then what the local media was talking about. I'll dig around later.