• May 18 2012 12:49 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • Colossus of Chron

• ac3adt
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

I just got a new dome rig and I am trying to figure out which type of hash is best to make and use with it.

Like do some types of hash/oil burn better or worse than others?

I made my first batch of hash/oil following bad kitty's hash recipe using ever clear as the solvent and it turned out fantastic.

My buddy makes and swears by butane honey oil, but I feel like it yields less. And i think the ever clear oil was just as strong as the butane oil i have tried.

Im new to the oil game and i'm trying to get myself oriented, so any opinions on the subject are appreciated!

Edited by ac3adt, 18 May 2012 - 05:04 PM.
more specific question

Replies (11)

• Platinum User

• Friendlybear
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

honey oil

• Colossus of Chron

• ac3adt
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

honey oil

As in butane honey oil? Or can you use other solvents to make honey oil?

• Colossus of Chron

• ac3adt
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Also, using ever clear as a solvent is much cheaper since a $25 handle will make at least 25 batches, whereas a can of butane is ~$10 and that makes 1 batch.

• Hero of Time

• SIRSOG
  • 41,810 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

• Colossus of Chron

• ac3adt
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

qwiso and bho are best for dabs imo

i dont like ethanol as a solvent because it just doesnt work as quickly and the water content makes it slower to evaporate, and more polar

Have you checked out Bad Kitty's guide? I think it is pretty much a form of QWISO, but it uses heat and a double boiler rather than freezing it.

http://forum.grassci...bs-more-66.html

The recipe starts just a little bit down the page.

Is this a good way to make oil for dabs, or would regular QWISO be better?

• Colossus of Chron

• ac3adt
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

recipe is on page 66 if it doesn't take you straight there

• xdog
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

99% iso to cover weed, shake for 30 seconds (no mas), filter through coffee filter into pyrex dish, cover with cheesecloth and leave outside for about 3 days. It's a bit of work scraping and chipping it out of the dish, but it kicks my ass everytime. Just shake and bake.

• Enjoy Life.

• PassTheGrass
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

There is this new type of bho called "nectar" that is hands down the best thing ever to vape. It's a lot like budder, but it's way more fresh so it has a higher moisture content so it's uber-sticky. Hummina hummina :bongin:

• It's good to be the King

• Digital Veil
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

bho >

• Blazin' Dozia

• dcgamer
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

There is this new type of bho called "nectar" that is hands down the best thing ever to vape. It's a lot like budder, but it's way more fresh so it has a higher moisture content so it's uber-sticky. Hummina hummina :bongin:

U must mean hash oil/honey oil that looks very amber, ala like nectar....as far as i know though yep the Pure Gold by TetraLabs is around 90% pure...looks just like the nectar pic below:
Posted Image

From my understanding though, it may not be the most "officially" or "lab tested" purest product, but it definitely is the tasties/best imo....shatter oil/amber glass like this below: jolly rancher type consistency.
Posted Image

• Robaba89
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

I'd have to say that my favorite extract is BHO, vac purged without heat. Leaves alllll those tasty terps intact and makes a really nice amber glass (like the above post).

It's super dense. You don't need a huge glob of a dab to medicate. You can touch it. It's hard as a damn rock until you get it warm. You can also see 100% of what is in it. If there is ANY contaminate, you know.

<3shatter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved