Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

where does weed come from?

• Please log in to reply

Tumble

Tumble

spark,pull,enjoy

• Old School
  • 1,082 posts

indica- afghanistan, morrocco
sativa- india, china, afghanistan, and around those areas
ruderalis- russia, poland

weed is only NATIVE to asia and africa, ruderalis, which is rarely smoked, used to be indica, and adapted to cold areas like russia.

ruderalis - http://en.wikipedia....nabis_ruderalis

Similar Topics: where does weed come from?     x

murderouspanda

murderouspanda

coming to a zoo near you

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,704 posts
well you see, when a mommy and a daddy plant love each other very much....

leodicapario

leodicapario

• Old School
  • 1,276 posts

could someone be walking around in the u.s and come across a nice weed plant

yes, but im sure many of those people that have came across a nice weed plant pulled it up and killed it.:( fucking laws!!!:mad:

KingsBlend

KingsBlend

Veteran Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 200 posts
I read in some books that the first weed probably originated in the steps of asia, near china and nepal, i wouldnt be surprised if sativa did come from south america also, but weed spreads everywhere easily so its hard to pinpoint where it all started.

sherlockhead

sherlockhead

Straightedge for life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 693 posts
wtf? howd all of you come up with it being from south america?

S.S.O

S.S.O

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Cannabis originates in China.

Spread by the silk routes to india, from there the world.

stillreflection

stillreflection

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 168 posts

im really baked and ive just been thinking of where as in what continent did weed come from originally or did it just grower everywhere? and is there any country that you can pick weed in the wild like a third world countrie or somthing? i dont know lol im just wondering:bongin:

from the dirt on the ground

whitewarrior

whitewarrior

Smokin.Lbs.of.the.FRUITY!

• Old School
  • 5,675 posts

It was a gift from God :smoking:

i agree:wave:

Only Live Once

Only Live Once

HTML rulez d00d

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,619 posts
Like babies,it comes from the stork.
Hahaha.
I dunno man,I'm just glad bud is around :smoking: .

infiniteawesome

infiniteawesome

Kush Control

• Old School
  • 2,062 posts

Indica comes from Asia and Sativa comes from South America but everything started out on the single continent of Pangea.

While Indica has been found in certain parts of Asia, I believe I read somewhere that Sativa grew in northern parts of Asia, but am unsure. In addition, the word Indica literally means "of Indian origin" which was first classified as a seperate sub-species of the cannabis plant sometime in the late 19th century. Before that, it was either referred to as hemp, cannabis or specifically cannabis sativa in the english language.

Sativa plants are believed to be native in Africa, and were probably introduced to South America by the ancestors of the Native Americans who probably brought cannabis with them when they crossed the Bering strait when there was still a land mass there.

Some believe cannabis sativa evolved from cannabis indica. Over the centuries we grew it in equatorial regions which would explain for its increased vigor and height as well as the stretchy quality of its leaves. More light, co2, humidity, and general soil quality in the equatorial and southern hemisphere might have slowly, through generations of farming, caused evolutionarily different traits to appear in cannabis until it developed into a whole new sub-species. This, though, is a belief and barely constitutes enough research to be risen to the level of even theory, though it is an entertaining thought.

Orangecrush

Orangecrush

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
I read in an article that before it was smoked the Chinese used it for medicinal purposes and that on some expedition in Egypt they opened up the coffin of a mummy and discovered traces of THC inside of it.

stickyone13

stickyone13

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,803 posts
I heard wilt chamberlain invented it.

sorry, i'm like 38% retarded.

flash-gordon

flash-gordon

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
from the mother land africa

Lastout

Lastout

El Conquistador!

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
Which came first, the seed or the plant?

PitThugZ

PitThugZ

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 362 posts
it goes in alot of places naturaly, for example california its a native plant

Alex_09

Alex_09

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,070 posts

..its a plant, its grew wild everywhere

You cant just assume that, take the potatoe as being only in Ireland basicallly a long long time ago, it had to originate somewhere..

Id assume south america as the continent, since its weather patterns seem to fit weed the best.

phiegnux

phiegnux

face melter

• Old School
  • 1,669 posts
i was watching the History channel last night and they had back to back specials on LSD, Exctacy and Marijauna. they said that the first documented use was in china then made its way the the americas from afghanistan and spain.

MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy

King of leaves _\|/_

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
weed grows everywhere. if you're smokin some schwag, odds are that its from mexico. but if its that good, it probly from your local growery. some of the best stuff i've smoked comes from el paso, tx, colorado in the boulder area, and fuckin cali yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users