Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Herb Iron

• Please log in to reply

SoChill

SoChill

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
I am looking to get something like a soldering iron to light my herbs, I am looking at this.

Amazon.com: Neiko 40420L Tooluxe Cordless Soldering Iron: Home Improvement

will this work? and what are some other good options on amazon

Similar Topics: Herb Iron     x

Guest_Heosphoros_*

Guest_Heosphoros_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
You need a ceramic tipped one, not just anyone will work.

Check out the Hakko 454 or hakko 456 on frys.com. you can remove the metal tip to reveal the ceramic one. I have the hakko 454 and it works like a charm.

BeatsandGrass

BeatsandGrass

Budtastic voyage

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,927 posts
I have an actual herb iron, and it's great. I've used a hakko as well, only thing with the hakko is they get very very hot. The newer herb irons, come with a docking base so you don't burn yourself.

Marsdude

Marsdude

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,566 posts
Hmmm,

I have been mildly interested in an herb iron but I am clumsy as F and I'm afraid I burnt the crap out of myself. :eek:

imnickim

imnickim

• Registered Upgraded
  • 369 posts
I got a herb iron on 420 and I love it. Don't settle for some random one, thats counterproductive and might b worse for u then a regular lighter. U will eventually make the money u spend on having to buy lighters back anyway. Plus nobody is going to Jack ur herb iron haha

Guest_Heosphoros_*

Guest_Heosphoros_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

I got a herb iron on 420 and I love it. Don't settle for some random one, thats counterproductive and might b worse for u then a regular lighter. U will eventually make the money u spend on having to buy lighters back anyway. Plus nobody is going to Jack ur herb iron haha

An herb iron is great, but "settling on a random one" isn't so bad as long as you do some research.

For instance, the Hakko is really virtually identical to the Herb Iron. There's a couple others that are pretty much identical. Both are very safe ceramic heating elements. There's plenty of models with stations as well as button-operated, and even temp-adjustable.

magestik63

magestik63

• Registered Upgraded
  • 446 posts
what about a weller wes51? it says it has a ceramic coated heating element... would this work?

LJRoriginals

LJRoriginals

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I love my herb iron and dont burn myself. I use one of these herb iron stands.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users