The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

Herb Iron

• by SoChill
  • May 13 2012 01:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • SoChill
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

I am looking to get something like a soldering iron to light my herbs, I am looking at this.

Amazon.com: Neiko 40420L Tooluxe Cordless Soldering Iron: Home Improvement

will this work? and what are some other good options on amazon
Replies (7)

Similar Topics: Herb Iron     x

• Guest_Heosphoros_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

You need a ceramic tipped one, not just anyone will work.

Check out the Hakko 454 or hakko 456 on frys.com. you can remove the metal tip to reveal the ceramic one. I have the hakko 454 and it works like a charm.

• Budtastic voyage

• BeatsandGrass
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

I have an actual herb iron, and it's great. I've used a hakko as well, only thing with the hakko is they get very very hot. The newer herb irons, come with a docking base so you don't burn yourself.

• Marsdude
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hmmm,

I have been mildly interested in an herb iron but I am clumsy as F and I'm afraid I burnt the crap out of myself. :eek:

• imnickim
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

I got a herb iron on 420 and I love it. Don't settle for some random one, thats counterproductive and might b worse for u then a regular lighter. U will eventually make the money u spend on having to buy lighters back anyway. Plus nobody is going to Jack ur herb iron haha

• Guest_Heosphoros_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

I got a herb iron on 420 and I love it. Don't settle for some random one, thats counterproductive and might b worse for u then a regular lighter. U will eventually make the money u spend on having to buy lighters back anyway. Plus nobody is going to Jack ur herb iron haha

An herb iron is great, but "settling on a random one" isn't so bad as long as you do some research.

For instance, the Hakko is really virtually identical to the Herb Iron. There's a couple others that are pretty much identical. Both are very safe ceramic heating elements. There's plenty of models with stations as well as button-operated, and even temp-adjustable.

• magestik63
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

what about a weller wes51? it says it has a ceramic coated heating element... would this work?

• Pip
  • LJRoriginals
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

I love my herb iron and dont burn myself. I use one of these herb iron stands.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved