Germinating seeds, How long can i keep them in the paper towel?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jokingjay, May 10, 2012.

1. Hey GC,
    I want to germinate some seeds I just got and I was wondering after they germinate can I keep them in the paper towel For a few extra days until I am ready to plant?

2. Well I suppose you can, depending on how fast the tap root grows. However, if you let it grow too long, you can have problems with the root curling or getting damaged when you try and plant it. It's recommended that you plant when the tap root is around 1/2" long I believe.

3. Ok, thanks. Hopefully this grow is successful. I am germinating Nirvana M1 5 auto flower fem, jamaican dream fem, and a g-13 labs gigabud.

4. Not a problem mate, I've had instances where the taproot has grown longer than desired, just be gentle when you plant and all should be well!! Best of luck on your grow mate, keep us updated!

5. You should start a grow diary. That way people can give you tips & advice along the way.

Good luck with your grow.

6. Will do, My biggest concern right now is animals and pests because I am growing outside and I know people who have grown and get there plants eaten by rabbits and what not.