Drying and curing OUTDOORS?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Turkatron, May 8, 2012.

1. my grow is about 50 feet off of an atv trail, nobody walks back there and there's the ocassional four-wheeler but not on the side-trails where my plants are. i know they won't notice the plants but i feel like a giant tarp or tent would stand out too much. i know you're right and i should've thought it out more, so i'll probably hike farther into the woods to find a new spot just for drying/curing. thanks for the help though, +rep!

2. #22 GrowinItFrench, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    [quote name='"Turkatron"']Haha yeah exactly. i would be growing indoors if i could. and if outdoors was more accessable and isolated, i wouldn't have all these problems. but hey, one day i will find the perfect place. it just takes trial and error i guess. lot's of it from what i hear. but maybe i'll just start running for a half hour or 45 minutes every day, for my own health and stamina as well as my plants' :D[/quote]

Im just having trouble getting water up there. I do not want to keep entering there with a backpack because as I mentioned you have to enter the bush to get to my spot but it's just off a road that gets semi-busy during rush hour. I'm thinking of just bringing a large amount of water up there one day. I'd really rather set up something that'll water it whenever it needs watering but so far for outdoors, nothing such as this exists, to the best of my knowledge.

3. You could invest in a generator, if you wanted to go that far. but that is the reason i have one of my plants by a creek. at the moment i'm just using a water bottle, but i'll move up to a milk jug or bucket lol. i'm gonna keep it back there, too, so i don't have to carry there it every time

4. I'm thinking 1L milk containers?

5. #25 Last Frost, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    Me and you are in the same boat... I have an idea that i'm going to try.

Items needed:
    Cardboard box ( bigger is better )
    Scissors
    Screen ( like the screen on your window )
    String
    Tape
    Tacks ( optional )

Step 1:
    Take your cardboard box and poke holes in both sides. make sure the holes are going in a straight line across the short end of the box ( make sure these holes match up to the ones you poke on the other side.

Step 2: Thread the string through the holes back and forth across the box. ( you will be hanging your bud on these strings.

Step 3: hang your buds on the strings. ( if done correctly your buds will be hanging inside the box on the strings going across the top )

Step 4: Close the top and tape shut.

Step 5: poke holes along the side to allow air flow... make these holes not too big, but not too small.

Step 6: Tack or tape the screen over these "Air Holes" ( this prevents bugs from crawling in the holes )

Step 7: To check your bud you will have to cut the tape off the top, then replace the tape before you leave.

I dont know if this is 100% going to work, but its what im going to have to do

6. Sir.. I think I love you.. But before we go THAT far.. I'm not too sure where I'm gonna get the screen from!

7. Yep. and i'm either gonna put the jug somewhere on the way to my grow or hide it somewhere by the creek. i'm jus sketched about keeping it there cause it has my fingerprints on it

8. Im pretty sure Home Depot, Walmart, Lowes, etc. would sell it... im going tomorrow so i'll let you know for sure where you can buy it and how much it is.

9. Fuck. Yes. I'm doing it.:cool:

10. OR... go to a headshop and get a pack of like 20 screens

11. [quote name='"Turkatron"']

Yep. and i'm either gonna put the jug somewhere on the way to my grow or hide it somewhere by the creek. i'm jus sketched about keeping it there cause it has my fingerprints on it[/quote]

Never thought about fingerprints.. Oh dear. :O

12. Hell yea. glad i could help a fellow grower

this may be a dumb question but whats a head shop?

13. [quote name='"Last Frost"']

Hell yea. glad i could help a fellow grower

this may be a dumb question but whats a head shop?[/quote]

Headshops are stores that focus on selling drug paraphernalia. :p (bongs, pipes, grinders, pipe screens, etc.)

14. Yep and for that you earn yourself a +rep :)
    and it's cool, it's like a place where they sell bongs, pipes, etc... they ALWAYS sell screens for bowls

15. alright. as soon as you said that it rang a bell... thanks

16. ONly reason i'm worried is because i've already been processed. if you've never been arrested, you have nothing to worry about

17. Aha getting into trouble young man? :p

18. Yeah man, shit sucks. can't smoke for a few months :(

19. LOL drug tests? ;)

20. hey i actually just thought of a way to dry inside with no smell use a carbon filter