Bad weather on its way, need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BoogFitz, Jul 21, 2006.

1. As some of you may know a tropical storm is coming up the east coast and will be hitting eastern new england early tomorrow. i have 3 plants outside in a swamp, and the plants are sitting about a foot above the water table. im afraid that with too much rain it will rise enough to rot the roots and kill the plant. there is alot of vegetation, and im afraid if even the water doesnt kill it, something blowing around will. the plants are about 3 and 1/2 feet tall, sativa, about 3/4 of an inch thick stem. not to change the subject, but some of the fan leaves have nine fingers. my father told me its called triploid or something. is that good? i know it means funny genetics.

2. depending on how bad the storm is and the swampy location of ur plants, i would say pluck em now and cut ur losses if u cant find another way to protect em, and i wouldnt kno ne way to protect em. so yea i would say pull em up and go from there

3. 9 fingers is normal. The first fan leaves have 3 fingers, then 5, then 7, then 9..... someone correct me if i'm wrong, but my plants have had the same...

If i were you, i'd (hurry!) and make some shelter for them! If you can't bring them inside, its probably the best you can do mate, so save em! Get a tarp tent, if you can, and peg it into some solid ground or a tree nearby so it'll hold... the storm will most likely take less than 2 days so 2 days darkness should be fine for them.

Hope that helps..

4. i simply bought some bamboo sticks (like 3' ones) for like 25 cents each and broke them in half. i put 4 in each bucket, with two pushed father into the soil than the other 2. i then bought (for 2 bucks) some cloth plastic - its just a clear wrap of plastic basically. i cut 1 foot by 1 foot pieces and i put it over the bamboo sticks - creating a little canopy. since two sticks are longer than the others, the rain water wont collect on top of the canopy, it will fall off. i took twisty ties and tied the plastic to the sticks - making a strong canopy and i cut any excess plastic off. the sun still gets in there and so does wind (so it beats using milk jugs cut in half). the only bad thing is that the plastic stands out slighty - but it it should be alright. u can make variations to this as needed. good luk

5. was that intended for me? if so, they wil stil have air, its just a lil canopy over the top, air and a lil rain still get in, just not that harsh, pounding rain drops or hail. it worked great for my 1 week old seedling.