Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

preparing to smoke: grinder, scissors, tearing off chunks

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by tstick, May 3, 2012.

1. i always break everything up real fine with my fingers then pack a 1 to 2 hitter bowl out of my homemade bubbler, then scape old pipes for resin and save it.

2. [quote name='"tstick"']The problem I foresee is with the real sticky icky weed. Seems like any grinder would gob up with sticky resin.

I have weed that will drop trichomes like grains of sugar they are so loose. And I have other strains that I almost literally can't break up with anything because it sticks to everything. The only way is to tear of the budlets and place them in the bowl.[/quote]

A grinder would fix your second problem. Those things can tear through even the stickiest of buds, and if it gets to resin coated just hit it with some iso

3. #23 HempFarmer420, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
    Use a grinder 100%. You dont just use the grinder to catch kief, thats just stupid. You get a kief shaker for that. But its the fastest, most convenient, and most consistent grind.

You dont have to get your greasy finger oils all over it, and scissors in a shotglass is such a damn chore.

I for one use an electric coffee bean grinder. I throw in up to a quarter ounce with I can bust in 2 seconds. literally. All the crystals are easily stirred back into the dope (turn the grinder upside down and tap the button. It will push every piece of weed and kief into the lid) or collected for your own reasons.

Anyone who claims that scissors or slave busting is a liar, and a cheat. Its all about convenience and consistency.

I dont see how .3 of kief in 4 months is even notable, especially considering it would never accumulate any more than it had at that point. It was full of nooks and crannies. The rest will now on fall out with the bud. So for real. Ive used my hand grinder for 4 years so far, so if someone told me I could have saved .3 grams of kief in 4 years but ida had to slave bust, id have them committed.

4. What?

5. I use a grinder with a kief catcher and hardly get any kief at all and I grow my own so I know it hasn't been dekiefed.

6. Unless you buy your weed allready ground up.. I don't see how someone could dekief bud.

I don't know much about growing, but it might be that your bud isn't as dry since it isn't handled by many dealers for weeks/months. Dry bud = more kief in the kief catcher.

Anyways.. I simply use a 2 piece grinder which grinds finer than most 4 pieces ones, so that way I can vape properly without without taking any kief off my buds.

7. I dont see how you didnt understand what I said. 0.3 grams of kief in 4 months of busting isnt worth bitching about, especially when theres only room for that 0.3 in the crevices of the catcher. Its not like my grinder ive used for 4 years has has 3.5 grams of kief stored in there.

8. I don't know exactly how it works but I know some dispenseraries do it. As for not being dry I hang dry for a week then into Glass jars to cure. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

9. Anyone know of the best method to scrape my plastic grinder? Its got kief all between the teeth but taking a card to it isn't quite working