Glass bong repair in Philly/NJ/NY?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dserg, May 3, 2012.

1. #1 dserg, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    I bought a new Illadelph cold coil, two piece bong. I got it cheap because both of the pieces are chipped to an extent. The male piece, that is full of glycerin and contains the coil (goes in the freezer), is jagged for about 3/4 of the circumference of the edge and needs smoothing out. This is also the piece that has the O-ring. The female piece (base of the bong), has a small chip in it that gets worse with increased use. I am not using the bong until I get it fixed somehow. Does anybody have recommendations for a glass blower to fix this? I know a lot of companies out there refuse to touch it, but anything helps...specifically an independent guy with experience.

The bong is awesome, and functions the way it should but I'd like to hold onto it for a long time. The chipped glass worries me, sometimes I can see small layers of glass at the bottom of the bong water, so it definitely needs some work, even if its not so noticeable. Willing to pay and deliver, hesitant to ship. THANKS!!

URL for pic of bong (google images):
    http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=1710

2. Not really possible, just use it untill it breaks then fix it. There are many reasons why it wouldn't be a good plan

3. Glass joints can't be fixed, only replaced 99% of the time