Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

healthy recipes?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by goohara, May 2, 2012.

1. hello! i was hoping someone could help me out about finding healthier recipes? i know edibles need to be fatty and stuff so you can absorb the thc but seriously all that chocolate and peanut butter..... no no no :( i like to maintain a healthy diet so i am not willing to eat that at all. please don't tell me it's just 1 firecracker or stuff like that because seriously it is too much already... thankssss :)

2. cannabis stir fry

3. Honestly I think you can use cannabutter or cannaoil anywhere you would normally need butter or oil. I would just be mindful of temperatures so no frying anything.
    I understand needing a special diet (I have very stubborn Crohn's) and right now I cringe at all the sugar I'm eating with my premade edibles from a compassion center. What sort of diet do you follow? Anything specific...or just healthy?

I have the High Times cookbook at home and there are a few sections with not dessert items. I think there was even a soup in there. Sadly, I'm at school, but I will crack it open when I get home in about 6 hours and give you a recipe
    or two if you'd like.

4. #4 BadKittySmiles, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    This list of recipes should help... I'll let you sort through the ones you can and can't modify and work with. :)

Some are pretty 'rich', but many can easily be modified (especially if you are already used to doing so) to reduce or
    eliminate the fat and sugar contents. :)

After taking in a little of the below advice, I'm sure you could also easily come up with several recipes, which you
    already use, as part of your diet, to integrate with cannabis oil or tincture. :hello:

Remember.. edibles, even those that require fat, DON'T need to be fattening!

And a little fat in your diet is not only healthy, but necessary for you to survive. :p

Fortunately, one of the very best oils for processing cannabis, is also one of the very healthiest oils for the human
    body to absorb and digest, without causing weight issues.. in fact it's recommended for weight loss programs;

Coconut oil! :hello:

Especially when working with hash (and if you've got herb, you've got hash), a single teaspoon of edible
    hash oil, can EASILY provide you with 10+ doses depending on your tolerance. So you can modify just about any recipe
    that takes a tiny amount of oil, which doesn't require direct contact with a harsh heat source.

Then, there are canna capsules... each cap contains only 1ml (roughly 1 gram weight-wise) of a blend of your oil, and
    hash/concentrate. That's not much, even if you have to fill the entire cap.

But if you make your hash oil powerful enough, you won't even need to fill it the entire way. :hello:

If you really want to avoid fat entirely, try a glycerin tincture. That recipe is also below.

You can make a killer CannAmbrosia fruit salad! :)

(To give you an idea of how little fat you need;

These caps are made for patients who smoke, vape and eat at least 3+ grams of cannabis,
    each and every day.. and even then, they can be, and often are made stronger if and when needed!
    If you are not that frequent/heavy a user, each single cap would be MUCH too powerful, and could
    easily be divided into as many as four or five doses.. that's a fraction, of a fraction of a gram of
    healthy fat.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A CannAmbrosia Fruit Salad made with tincture...

[​IMG]

(And drinkables [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

(And edible-drinkables [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, on to a few recipes... you can reduce the fat and modify them however you like, or however you normally would.

But the most important part, whether you're looking to limit your fat intake, or not, is the quality and strength of your canna or hash oil.

From the CannaPharm thread right here in the edibles section;

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to BHO, but made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BadKat's CannaPharm: Edibles, Drinkables, and more...

Med-Grade Hash Capsules

[​IMG][​IMG]

Med-Grade Capsules w/out Lecithin

[​IMG]

Minimalist Canna Capsules

[​IMG]

Sloppy" MacGyver-esque Capsules

[​IMG]

Chocolate Covered Canna-BOMBS

[​IMG]

UV GLOWING Hash or Canna Candies

[​IMG]

Raspberry Hashy Mudslides

[​IMG]

No Bakes That Get You Baked

[​IMG]

Herbed Chicken & Biscuits

[​IMG]

Spicy Coconut Chicken -'Tom Kha'- Thai Hash Soup

[​IMG]

'Fair Dinkum' Hashy Aussie Meat Pie

[​IMG]

Chocolate & Almond Hash Ice Cream

[​IMG]

Herbed Salmon & Buttery Bud Buns

[​IMG]

Easy Citrus Acid Extraction/Infusion

[​IMG]

UV/Glowing Strawberry Mango POW Right in the Kisser

[​IMG]

Smokin' Hot Ham

[​IMG]

Canna-Bread w/ Herbed Ranch Dessing

[​IMG]

Potzza's, aka Canna-Pizza

[​IMG]

Hash Infused Sirloin Steak with Chips & Gravy

[​IMG]

Chocolate Canna-Cookies & Hashy Space Truffles

[​IMG]

'Pot'ato Salad

[​IMG]

Canna-S'mores

[​IMG]

Hash Blondies (Cookies)

[​IMG]

Chicken Pot Pie

[​IMG]

Raspberry ~Hashy~ FauxJito's

[​IMG]

Glycerin Tincture

[​IMG]

"Baked" Chicken Dinner

[​IMG]

Canna-Cheesecake

[​IMG]

Peanut Brittle

[​IMG]

-Canna Gummies- Non-Vegan & Vegan

[​IMG]

-Canna Candy Apples!-

[​IMG]

-Canna Infused Beef & Chicken Jerky-

[​IMG]

-~Tazo Chai~ PumpCanna Pie-
    w/ pecan topping

[​IMG]

-Sausage Cheese Bread w/ Hash Oil-

[​IMG]

-Holiday Hash Nog-

[​IMG]

-~Hash Liquor~ Cordials-

[​IMG]

------------------------

Quick, discreet, **All-In-OneRecipe** (starts with herb, and finishes with an edible):

-"Kat Crackers"- Canna Quickie ~Fudge~ Cookie Sandwich

[​IMG]

-------------------------

Posts of Interest:

Terpene Information

[​IMG]

Important Hard Candy Making Info/Tips

[​IMG]

Important Notes on Activation, and Desired Outcome (useful for MS, Parkinson's and other potentially frail patients)

[​IMG]

Important Information: Why You Should -Not- Dilute your Oil with Water

[​IMG]

Triple Berry Hash Wine

[​IMG]

Plant Shots

[​IMG][​IMG]

BKS: Who Am I, and where should I live next?

[​IMG]

5. looks yum :D

thanks so much i'd like to know what those recipes are like. about my diet honestly it's not a diet nor "healthy" at all. i was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa actually. and i guess that's what it is for now... i really haven't been able to eat much lately.

wow so many recipes thanks so much! i'll make sure i try some of these. they look so good haha. but i think i finally found out what i need. glycerin tincture. sounds like it's the bomb definitely giving it a try once i harvest this summer :D can't wait