My Friend commited suicide last night

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Stiffler420, May 2, 2012.

1. He was obviously unstable (his actions proved that), he could have seeked help )or maybe better help) One of my points was to stress that better for him to end his own life alone without taking innocent victims with him. Anyone to contemplate suicide is in the normal realm,.... to act on those impulses are the actions of a mentally unstable person, ...which the world has too many of

2. [quote name='"silenceme"']

Omega 3 isn't going to bring his dead friend back.... you keep trying to sell omega 3 on everything, oh someone died? They should have taken omega 3. Someone killed their wife? It was because they didn't take omega 3!!!

Yeah....stop trying to sell omega 3.

OP I'm sorry for your loss, I don't think anything could have saved him, I've been in those shoes....trust me once you are set you are set and no one can stop you if you have a gun and will power. Don't feel bad that you could have saved, because it is something more powerful then a human can handle[/quote]

Bro, I laughed so hard. And I agree with you, he was probably too far gone to be helped.

My condolences, op.

3. What? Even though he took his own life doesn't mean that if he hadn't he would have ended up taking other people's...

Seems like you have some issues with mental health patients.

4. [quote name='"Dado"']He was obviously unstable (his actions proved that), he could have seeked help )or maybe better help) One of my points was to stress that better for him to end his own life alone without taking innocent victims with him. Anyone to contemplate suicide is in the normal realm,.... to act on those impulses are the actions of a mentally unstable person, ...which the world has too many of[/quote]

I'm not sure if you're trolling or being serious and are just an idiot, but either way please think what the OP is going through right now, he doesn't need to see this kind of comment. I'm not trying to start a fight with you, I'm just saying your comments may have a place but this isn't it.

5. A bad machine? Where's the neg rep option when you need it. Unbelievable. There's so much wrong in this post I don't know where to begin.

"Stop trying to sell Omega 3" lol are you joking right now? Who are you?

She in no way said he should have taken omega 3 or that omega 3 would save his life. She was simply saying that for a lot of people, omega 3 fatty acids helps lift mood. She is trying to spread knowledge, not sell anything. She's 64 years old and her job has nothing to do with selling fish oil. Christs sake, sometimes I wish I could tell people on this website what's really on my mind.

--

OP, I'm very sorry for your loss. The first person I knew who committed suicide was because of a girl. I was also like 6 when it happened.

You never know what your mind will make you do.

My condolences to you and your friends family. Be strong for him.

6. Kid I know did the same, his GF broke up with him his senior year and she was terrorizing him about it etc, he went home, grabbed a gun, shot himself in the head across the street in a field

she ended up needing to move out of the city because she got jumped 4x after that, sent to the hospital once, her house was under constant aggression from kids (egging, paintballs, rocks etc)

7. So there's a suicidal gene that gets passed down?

Lets think about this one logically:
    1. The rate of suicide has increased 60% in the last 45 years
    Befrienders Worldwide
    2. If suicide were a gene passed down, then the individual with the gene would be ridiculously less likely to procreate (due to an early demise) than an individual without the gene who lives a full life.
    3. If that individual did happen to procreate, then he would pass the gene to his offspring who is also unlikely to procreate
    4. This would diminish and eventually end all instances of suicide

............. So why are suicide rates increasing? Couldn't be because of your crackpot theory could it?

8. sorry man

next smoke for him.

9. Yeah I live in a small town and it's the worst, have known a lot of people growing up who have committed suicide. That action still affects people today 5 years later, it was so selfish of her. Most selfish thing someone can do.

10. A broken heart is sometimes to painful to bear for some. My condolences.

11. Anyone who has the slightest bit of contemporary knowledge on suicide will realize that suicidal intent is highly circumstantial, can be aggravated by many environmental factors, and definitely does not reside within one's genes, so leave the troll alone and give this thread the respect it deserves.

OP, I'm really sorry for your loss man, I almost committed suicide following a bad acid trip, tied the noose and was ready to hang myself when a friend walked in on me (dorm room). He immediately rolled up a fat blunt for me and didn't let me out of his sight the entire night :D. I think your friend would have wanted you to live your life to the fullest so keep your head up. If you need someone to talk to, I'm all ears.

12. You dont even know my friend so you should shut your mouth. You don't know what he had going on in his life and what was making him sad. Suicidal genes thats the stupidest thing i ever heard. He was a completely smart funny happy kid until these last few weeks where something happened to get him like this and he was was drinking to solve his depression but it just made him worse. I find it really disrespectful how you say hes better off dead when he was one of the smartest kids in school and had so much going for him. you didnt even know him as a person so dont judge no one you dont know because you dont know how it is to be them.

But other then this one guy thank all you blades for the support it means alot to me

13. R.I.P. to your friend

stay strong OP

14. It's crazy to think how fast people can go sometimes. Prayers go out to you & his family man

15. Stay up man.

Sendin love and positive vibes your way.

16. Shit..... man, my friend killed himself last year, by burning charcoal in his cupboard. Prior to that, he did almost attempted to twice, which he jumped off a building not far from mines, and taking pills.

I almost took my own life during a holiday in Shanghai 5 weeks after my friend died (I live in Australia btw) but then i gotten really drunk that night, that i forgot that the fact that i wanted to take my own life. So the next day, i felt normal. Also i posted a fb stats about it, before leaving for china I remember its saying "Fuck you everyone, you a dog, if is all the best, i might as well kill me". I also tagged some person in it. But when i got back home, i deleted that status

17. I feel sorry for your loss.... thats very sad, I cant imagine my best friend dying.... All I can say I guess is that he is probably chilling in the astral world now, dont worry, he is probably happy and in the light

18. Damn man, sorry bout that. Don't know anyone anyone whose done it, but I know alot of people that have attempted... Shits gettin crazy.

19. I know 5 people personally who have committed suicide in the 4 years since i graduated high school.

They include ex girlfriend, cousin, neighbor, friend from school.

Also had a friend killed in Iraq.

Never is any easier. Just be strong for the family, especially his siblings

20. Like most of us in here ive thought about it, but i can never get over what it would do to my mom dad and sister, and i know this seems stupid but my dog too. I wont let her lose her best friend