Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Clean A Bubbler

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by vyndorn, May 1, 2012.

1. I just purchased this bubbler from a buddy of mine today, and as you can tell from the picture, it's somewhat dirty.

The bubbler is one solid glass piece, so how do I clean it?

[​IMG]

2. You could just put water in it and shake it.

3. isopropyl alcohol and salt. put a little bit in there, and giver her a shake.

repeat until clean.

4. it looks like someone messed up making an ashcatcher :p

5. do you have a stem for this op? Do you just hit it like that?

6. #6 vyndorn, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    I need to buy a stem, though I would like to buy a nice cheapy'ish pipe that is glass and small, and recommendations?

The rubbing isopropyl alcohol helped remove some of the mess, but the inside of the chamber is still very dirty, any ideas on how to get it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. [quote name='"vyndorn"'] I need to buy a stem.

The rubbing isopropyl alcohol helped remove some of the mess, but the inside of the chamber is still very dirty, and ideas on how to get it?[/quote]

i had the same problem with my bong, still isn't 100% clean.

i don't even know.. maybe get some pipe cleaners or bend a paperclip so it can squeeze in there.

8. @jcofillinois: Yeah, he sold it to me for $7, so no big loss if this piece doesn't work out. Do you have any recommendations for a small (hand sized) glass pipe/bubbler that is somewhat cheap yet still sturdy/good?

9. #9 jcofillinois, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    i'm personally not a bubbler guy, i stick to bongs, and hitters for the road.

but don't ditch it just because it won't come clean. that's a decent lookin' piece, and i'm sure you could get some use out of it someday.

if you seriously don't want/need it, but a stem and resell it for 20 bucks.

actually, try an overnight soak. get some hot water, and i mean scalding, and some dishsoap in your sink, or whatever, and let it sit there overnight. dump the water out, and try the iso mix one more time.

Edit: and i don't even know what to recommend man, check out the grasscity shop.

10. Did you add plenty of salt, too?

Because that's what the salt is for. It acts as an abrasive, to sort of "scrub" the insides for you.

Pour in enough salt that the salt and alcohol together make kind of thin, liquidy sludge. Shake, shake, shake the hell out of it for a good few minutes.

Pour it out and repeat, if needed.

There may be a few small spots left over, but that method will get your pipe almost 100% clean. You can always do it multiple times to try to get it even cleaner.

Cleaning it more often will prevent the build up of resin that causes left over bits to stick around like that.

11. lol upside dowwn ashcatcher

12. Honestly, for cleaning pipes or bongs I use the magnetic scrubber by davies product. The magnetic Scrubber is the shit.. One time buy and you dont have to buy the 420 solution or rubbing alchol anymore.