Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sounds Pretentious but here goes "PsychedelicSam's Magic Honey Elixir"

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I just ran across this online as I was researching for something else. This helps legitimize my thread and it has some great ideas to customize its uses. The difference here is that I use a cold process for the alcohol instead of letting it sit. :cool:

AAMC: Cannabis Elixir

• Like Like x 1

2. I misspoke on post # 6 and I just ran across it and want to correct it. I was still pretty wet behind the ears on terminology and such at the time and have had to edit this quite a bit. I just don't want others to be confused by my erroneous vocabulary.

In this case, I stated that this alcohol extraction is not a Green Dragon formulation. It is a Green Dragon but it isn't the standard Green Dragon formulation. I'm surprised someone hasn't called me on it yet. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I approve of this thread. Well spoken, detailed information, consistent.

Can I ask how old you are

4. Too old!:D 61, grown and educated in a different era. I've tried to make it concise, even through the criticism. After having done it a number of times, I've been able to pass new info along. A lot of folks see all the words and give up. Thanks for the recognition.

• Like Like x 1
    :hide:  Old MacDonald we meet again.

6. very informative and genuine in its dissemination of tired/true facts... If you don't agree, it seems to be open for debate. I have done this myself, except I haven't done the freezer-alcohol thing...yet! I'm using some organic master kush and this allows me to maximize my potencies and potential active materials. The real proof to me is how once I've done the alcohol extractions, the weed is essentially dry, clean fodder, with no dimensions of any resistance to breaking it apart, and it seems to be like apple pulp from my Champion juicer--- dry as a bone and really lacking any fibrous resemblance to its original state. Then, the green dragon reduction process can be controlled for personally desired strength/effect, and I just add honey when I decide on potency for given patient/user. But I like your potency guide, just do the math for your given amounts to determine total active chemical content in milligrams.

If you were to expand on anything, it would be the way you approximate (for my research/results, I am often accurate to within +/-10% range for most of my batch calculations) amounts of thc and cbd/cbn, in numerical detail, for your end dos sage recommendations. I mean, for the details you provide, such would be simple to detail...and since so many know their milligram dosage(s), such would also provide important quantitative info most need, especially when allowing others to try their fare, and caution is in prime order in such altruistic situations. I'm guessing, with 28,000 mg of raw material to start (one ounce), such translates into an approx 20% potency yield, which is 5,600 mg of active/desired thc-cbd. Once properly put through your honey-fying process, if you have eight ounces of honey left, that's approx 700 mg of strong medicine per ounce of finished honey. Six teaspoons per ounce, that's about 115-120 mg of active medicine per teaspoon of finished honey...translate that into the proper amounts for your dropper's capacity (1 teaspoon = approx 5 milliliters) and you can isolate dosage amounts in milligrams of thc per X amount of honey.

Again, thanks for the details and the attention you gave this progression to let people see your learning process from the trial-error ways you did your research... Hold true, you're science is sound.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #27 PsychedelicSam, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
    Thanks, Dave. I appreciate that. However, this is an old thread, my first, and this process has been refined and improved upon since the last post here. I have another main thread that addresses your suggestions and covers a whole lot more. Here's the Index/Table of Contents if you're interested, The lab tests and actual dosage info is in the last 40-50 pages of the thread but I haven't updated the Index that far yet.

At the time this thread was started there were no testing facilities here so the only thing I could do was estimate. It's only a few states where potency is known thanks to dispensaries but most don't offer those yet even if mmj is allowed and then there's the other half of the country where it's not legal at all and estimation is the only game in town.

Come over to my main thread, Another Tincture Thread...Try it, You'll Like it, and check it out. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you Sam, I really do appreciate what you've done here. Having taken several shots at this thread over the last couple weeks, I'm now ready to check out your next thread. I feel like I cannot thank you enough for releasing this information, and I will do my best to learn the rest and pass this info on.

BKS has been instrumental in my edibles making thus far, my canna coconut infusion turned out really great using her lecithin ways. This honey sounds amazing and I can't wait to make some but more reading first hehe

9. Thank you.

This was my first thread and the first thing I ever made other than butter or oil. I have since modified a few steps and have a lot more info in my main thread. BKS gave me hell about the honey but she was proved very wrong. It's a great way to dose and make edibles.

Here's the table of contents of that thread. It's not everything but covers a good part of it. Some of the stuff is kind of old and amateurish but it gets the point across.
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thank you again sir. I listened to you on a panel recently talking about BHO I think? Your voice sounds very familiar from your video here with the honeycomb.

I'm working on making a healthy edible product line. There are some others doing it but not as much as we need out there. Locally, everyone's melting down gummies or jolly ranchers or infusing products off the shelf - this is not medicinal IMHO.

Today I've spent the last 3 hours going through these forums. I've spent countless hours researching in the past, but like you said in other posts, I've found no better source of information than what you have managed to excite here on GC. You're a hero for going against the grain and figuring all this stuff out. All of you on here who are contributing and trying to find the best methods are all heroes. This is what we need in the industry.

When I am ready to release my products, I will also be making a website/blog something to detail my entire process (yours and others) and recipes. I'll make sure everyone knows how it's done and who's idea this was. Everything will be open source. Because that's the LEAST I can do.

Im currently waiting on lab tests myself, for 5 strains of BHO, some canna infused coconut oil (long and short decarb @220), and a couple edibles.

The lab is working on home test kits for BHO and Shatter, so I'm very excited to help them accomplish this. They're working with my materials in order to do so.

11. No, sorry, no panels for me. Not that I wouldn't but nobody has ever asked. I'm not pretty enough for that and I don't know enough about bho to fill a thimble.

There's plenty of room in the market for quality products, especially if you can develop a trademark set of specialty items. You'll probably use concentrates for most of your product line to increase your efficiency and you'll need some better equipment to make quantity than what I use here. I wish you success.

I have an arrangement with my lab, too, and since then I've discovered and upgraded a lot of things. Testing makes a big difference in the learning process because you get to see how the things work as well as knowing that they work. It's made a big difference in my work over the last year. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. #32 Catintheshop, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    With RESPECT to you PSam - not at all looking to disparage or argue. I post this here because the quote came from this thread and adds lots of information that I have not read before. I trust you are OK with the added dimension to your thread.

I very much appreciate reading this perspective though it has made my head spin (in a different way :confused:) As a fellow totally new to making and benefiting from infused oils/honey and/or other elixirs I have to ask, and so my comments and questions interspersed below in blue.

Will need to expand the quoted section.

BadKittySmiles - Thank you very much for this new awareness. :thankyou:
    Please, if you could provide links to recipes I would be very happy.

AND - thank you PSam for your exceptionally generous and prolific sharing. :thankyou:
    You are helping more people than many in a lifetime and I join in the chorus of those whose suffering you have eased.

Cheers, cat

13. #33 PsychedelicSam, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Mostly, the BKS stuff here is pure crap and my results have tossed her comments in the toilet where they belong. She's full of herself and had no one to challenge her for quite awhile. She is no longer around. She knew a lot, I'll say that but had her head stuck where the sun don't shine. We didn't get along to say the least. :rolleyes:

I can decipher her comments about the rso for you, though. It's about bioavailability and not potency. Rso is a concentrate and therefore is not as bioavailable as if it was dissolved in a more bioavailable medium like an oil, alcohol, honey, etc. Often a concentrate like rso will pass through before it's all uploaded. :mellow:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for the reply Sam. There was certainly lots to wonder about from her post because there is sooooo much contrary info out there - including, from Rick Simpson himself AND of course, all your trial & error stands up on its own merit.

Do you also disagree then that milk fats or butter are NOT necessarily better as regards bioavailability then honey after the alcohol is all evaporated?

Thanks again.

cat

15. Yes, I agree with your statement. Honey and alcohol are actually more bioavailable than the lipids. Each of those mediums are quick acting as opposed to the lipids which can take hours because it has to wind it's way all the way through to the liver and so many things can interfere. Each has it's strong points and which is better is really dependent on the situation for which you're dosing. "First pass effect" isn't a factor for sublingual dosing as it is for lipids. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif