Shot's Outdoor Garden Box - MJ and VEGGIES!!!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by shotnva777, Apr 28, 2012.

1. #1 shotnva777, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
    Just as the title says ladies and gents! The grow box is back in business!!!

**EDIT - HERE'S THE DESCRIPTIVE VIDEO I PROMISED! PICS ARE AT THE BOTTOM!!!**

http://youtu.be/vSNbEptjsHA

Growing season is back, ALMOST! Last frost will probably be either tonight or within the next few days! I still have plants already planted in the garden, they're taking the harsh nights (weather in general - LOTS OF RAIN!) that showed up out of NO WHERE pretty decent.... The days get pretty warm, guess that's what's keeping them going! (I'm in the process of fabricating a cold frame as we speak!) That being said lemme introduce myself, for those who don't know me or have never seen my grows!

I'm a "novice" grower (but STILL humble enough to say, "I LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY!") that just started to grow indoors over the past year or so. But I've been growing outdoors for over 10 years, in various locations.... (we'll leave it at that!)

But now I've become "ballsy" enough to grow in my vegetable garden again! I HAVE grown in it before, many times.... but stopped for a time period due to paranoia! Not that ANYTHING was illegal I was doing, I was just having a bad feeling about someone "targeting" one of my crops... Nonetheless, we're back in "THE BOX"!

Lemme explain the box briefly, as I feel this should be noted! It was dug out about 8 years ago... a 14ft x 8ft hole was dug about 10ft deep, the dirt was carried away and the 10ft hole was filled back in with some VERY good topsoil I obtained from a jobsite. (I run heavy equipment and my dad is the owner of the company - its not an uncommon thing to have a mini excavator in our back yard!!! lol) This 10ft grow space (with a wooden frame built around it) would grow f*cking people if it was possible! That's no BS!!! The soil is so rich with nutrients and micro nutrients, its RETARDED! It's been heavily fertilized, several times over the years, the soil IS a bit "clay like" I've noticed this year, but is still very soft and rich! Enough About the box..... it's ready for plants, JUST KNOW THAT! lol... and it's PH is consistently NEUTRAL!

I've only grown about 15-20 plants INDOORS, give or take.... my last indoor being a Dinafem White Widow, it was known as the "mutant" and turned into my own lil Frankenstein! She's still growing too, outdoors, as she was transplanted into my garden box AFTER harvest! (Reason I'm even mentioning her!) View the "WW Mutant - Sprout to Smoke" video in my sig (its ONLY viewable from a CPU though, it cannot be viewed from a "mobile device"!) if you want to know/see her story! It was quite an adventure to say the least! :eek:

Again - for those who dont know me, this is what I do MOSTLY! OUTDOOR GROWING! And this will be the first time I've shared it with fellow growers from across the world! I'm pretty excited to show yall what I can achieve outdoors, since everyone on GC has only seen a handful of my indoor grows! And ALL of them until NOW have been "micro" type grows, with not much room!

Last frost is a damn holiday to me and my family.... has been for over 10 years! I grew up on a farm during the Summer(s) of my younger years, so I guess that's where I got my "greenthumb" - THAT and from this site! This site ALONE has taught me just about everything I know about INDOOR growing, much CREDIT is given to GC! And that is why I'm a PAYING MEMBER!!! This site fucking ROCKS!!! :hello::hello::hello:

Anyways... now that the story is out, we can get into my garden....

Like I said, I'm still germinating/sprouting seeds to go in there! BUT there are already two growing! One being that WW that seems like it wants to "reveg"! The pictures will do MOST of the talking, though I do LOVE to write.... lol

The garden is kinda bare right now, as you'll see in the pictures (posting now) and the video (which will be posted once it finishes uploading to youtube!)... for now, here's what I have! Just a few pics of the sprouting seeds that will eventually be planted in the box and a couple shots of whats in there now! I've also cleaned up and weeded the box since these pictures, it's got A LOT of trees in the vicinity so alot of SHIT fell in that I had to rake up! :mad: All good though, just ONE thing you have to deal with when growing outdoors! I've also killed the grass with some organic "weed killer", it didn't phase any of the plants, but did a decent job once I weeded it out by hand and raked that shit in! The video is much more descriptive, so just keep your eyes peeled for that! :D

Here's the pics.... don't forget to sub up and check out my "Shark Attack(s)" grow (indoor grow) too!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THIS IS THE TRANSPLANTED WHITE WIDOW THAT WAS JUST HARVESTED!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PEACE NUGGLETS!!! :smoke: AND KEEP UP!!!

2. yay man video is loading red it all :D damn i would love to have a little garden sqaure that size lol.

3. Yea Jack, that lil garden fuckin ROCKS! Here's some pics of how my lil sprouts are doing this morning! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NO MORE SEEDS!! LOL!

4. Nice garden man! Tryna veg mine before I put them out.

5. Nice I followed your mutant white widow thread and now I will be following this one as well. Follow my thread in my sig as I will be doing some outdoor this season as well! Peace man good luck!

6. Yea, it's a must.... must introduce sloooowly outdoors!

Awesome man.... I'll def sub up on yours too! Outdoor grows ROCK! ;)

7. no more seeds :)

8. Notta ONE! Come on Jack, gimme some credit! You know if there IS ONE THING I DO correctly, is get a sprout going! ;) lol

Foreal tho! Now its just getting them to live past this point! Lol! :D

9. Matter fact, here's a lil update on the ones started INSIDE! The others planted in the garden are probably NOT goin to sprout... As the nights have gotten down in the high 50's buuurrrrr! Lol... I don't care really though, THESE are the good seeds that I'm actually taking CARE of and CARE about! Lol.

I got em back in there own box, it stays 83 degrees with 40% humidity CONSTANTLY... Perfect spot for em to grow until next weeks forecast of SPRING ACTUALLY BEING HERE! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE SHARK ATTACK THREAD! GROWING RAPIDLY!

10. looks awesome man :) with the last photo all 3 of my auto seedlings are like the seedling on the closest left :)

and damnit lol lucky you can pop all seeds im waiting on this little auto seed which i beleive to be diesel ryder just wont pop for me grr :) got any tips i am using the wet paper towl method. should i try to scratch it with sandpaper in a matchstick box? or just plant it and keep water over it and hope for the best?

and lovin the shark attacks too :)

11. I've always used Superthrive water in the shotglass for 24 hrs... Wait for em to sink and THEN the paper towel! (Also with superthrive h20)

12. Wow.... The bagseeds are starting to show in the garden! They ACTUALLY sprouted!!! Even with THE COLD ASS nights and cloudy/rainy days! I'll post pics tomorrow when its daylight! Also, all 7 GOOD bag seeds are growing fast! I MAY plant them in there tom as well! :)

As for the white widow Im trying to reveg, not looking good... She'll probably be pulled unless this next week she shows MAJOR improvement! :mad:

13. Will a video update and a pic of every sprout/plant suffice? :D cuz I took it today! Looking good so far with their leaning asses! (The sun seems to stay on one side of them MOST of the day - it'll straighten out as summer moves on!)

Here is the video and pics to follow.... Enjoy and DO NOT FORGET to check out the Shark Attack Indoor Grow!!! Those things are becoming BEASTLY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Z5auy-BdI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Matter fact... Here's a teaser of the Sharks just to make u go look in there tent! Lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Y'ALL ARE ALL FULLY UPDATED! CHA CHIIIIING! HOW MANY WILL BE MALES THOUGH!? WHO KNOWS, I'M BOUND TO GET ATLEAST A FEMALE OR TWO THOUGH! PLUS..... I GOT 5 MORE SEEDS IN GERMINATION, THEY'LL BE FOLLOWING CLOSE BEHIND ;)

14. :D looks awesome shotty my man cant wait till its medicAL OVER here cause then im picking your brains to bits hahaha cause its my dream to grow outdoor organic :D

15. Lmao! Haha... Iiight!

16. THREADS DEAD!

....Along with MOST of the plants! If something survives I WILL update though, don't count on it! I DO HAVE 3 GOOD bagseeds that I'm sprouting right now! If they seem like they're going to take off, I may let mother nature take care of them - in a remote location! I will have to cage them though somehow, as deers and other animals are DESTROYING crops this year (or atleast so I hear!). So ATLEAST I'm not the ONLY one! Everyone is building "hot houses" aka GREEN houses over their gardens to prevent the critters! I JUST DON'T HAVE THE MONEY RIGHT NOW! But I will always have MJ GROWING!!!

I mean, I'm making money.... but the seed's I JUST ordered, along with a few boat parts for some summer fun, busted my ass! Nonetheless, I'll have killer weed and a killer ski/fishing boat!!! :D AS MY INDOOR GROW'S ARE COMING ALONG OH SO LOVELY!!!!