Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Phoenix Tears" uses

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Hi again ( once again thank you for replying, means the world)

She was on our home made oil for about 1 week but we also made it with alcohol and she would be feel different every batch w made.
    She has surgery last year (NOV 3, 2014) and they removed her ovaries and her fallopian tubes and womb. She has existing tumours on her lymph nodes on her leg where it connects to the private area and one in her ribs another lymph node. They feel like lumps right under the skin, we have not seen her oncologist about this because he will push us to do surgery and chemo again when that is the worst treatment method for ovarian cancer since its intertwined with the immune system and comes back often (due to chemo ruining the immune system).
    I know her appetite is better because she keeps talking about wanting to eat bread and sugar even though she can't. Before she would not even talk about food yummy or not, she still eats very little because the new healthy life style is not her favourite haha
    She takes her oil 3 times a day (half a gram each dose)
    I just placed the rso on her lump and covered it, I will try your coconut oil method tomorrow when I buy all of the ingredients. How do I get the oil in each capsule, by injecting it?
    Do you have any recommendations in regards to supplements?
    Do you mind if I ask, why did you have to use the rso oil, I know you mentioned that you felt that internal itch.

Do not be sorry, you have no idea how much it means to us that you took the time to reply to me. Thank you.
    I feel like we are blind mice when it comes to this treatment

2. I came to rso in a roundabout sort of way. I had just had major back reconstruction and was in a lot of pain and had just started experimenting with medical marijuana even though I had been a heavy pot user for 42 years by that time. I was making a lot of different things trying to find relief for my pain. I made some rso but didn't really know what to use it for other than getting really high. That is what prompted this thread. As you saw, I got no responses for a long time. I was just trying to find out if anyone knew of anything other than cancer that it could be used medically for.

I went on to use it to manage my pain and discovered that it worked wonderfully on the inflammation from the back issues and even allowed me to stop taking opiates. I also have had 2 of the 3 forms of skin cancer and have a increased chance of getting melanoma, too. I use the rso on it, as well as the coconut oil version which I much prefer, topically and it heals up the outbreaks when they appear. I use it internally to fight the constant inflammation when it gets unbearable instead of taking the pain meds. Fortunately, I don't need it for a major obstacle like your mom has and only use it as needed because it raises the tolerance level quickly. I normally use tinctures and edibles and toking to maintain my stability but I keep some on hand for special needs.

I know about the unscratchable itch from my back surgery and two arm surgeries. All three areas have had that experience when they have healed, not the scar but deep in the tissue. Scratching doesn't do any good because the surface is numb and I can't even feel my hand, especially on my back. The itch always seems to be about 3 inches below the surface. 2 of the 3 are still present at times and drives me crazy.

If those lumps are lymph nodes then they may be drawn out or just dissolve and I believe that depends on the type of carcinoma they are. There is a friend of a friend that had breast cancer and was using the rso internally for it. I was told by my friend that a large, hard nodule had exited the skin of her breast and left a large hole and it was very painful. The hole filled in with topical application of rso. I have read other accounts of that happening with others and with some skin cancers but don't know if that is really the case. I do know that treating basal cell skin cancer with a bloodroot salve does cause a lot of pain as it draws out the tumor, so it may be the same with cannabis. I doubt that is the type your mom is experiencing, though.

One thing I want to caution you about is waiting too long to inform the oncologist that the lymph nodes have been compromised. If you don't see a visible positive result soon, you should alert them. You don't have to take the chemo or radiation or other objectionable treatment if you don't want but knowing what the cause of it is could be a big help. There are specific cannabinoids that work best on lymphoma if it happened to be that or other types.

So your mom is about 3 weeks into the therapy and getting a little appetite back. That is usually the first outside indicator that it is starting to work. From this point on you should start seeing improvements, especially if the coconut oil does it magic. Please keep in mind that she may be experiencing improvement with the ovarian cancer but not the lymph nodes which may be a different animal. The direct application of the rso to them should get a pretty quick response if it works. If they don't get worse, as you've already noted and especially iff there is reduction after a few days, you know you have a winner. Unfortunately it is very much like the blind leading the blind because there has been no research allowed by the guv.

The only supplement I advise is Omega 3 because it helps in the metabolism of cannabinoids. As for others, I'm pretty ignorant and anything else I might suggest would merely be speculation. The only other supplement I take is for "men's health" and I don't expect those would do her much good. [​IMG]

Be sure to keep us updated on her progress.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Sam, I know the mix of cannabis that is being used for my moms pheonix tears (master kush and OG kush) are the two strands being used. When I put the oil on her skin and placed a band aid on top after an hour she experienced the wondering pain in her stomach and the place of the bandaid also hurt. We have started to take the coconut oil mix and she does get more high on this (stronger) and she feels more pain now ( not severe but its that wondering pain and more intense). The lymph nodes were always like this from the beginning of the diagnosis. We are keeping an eye on her and looking for improvements, if she does not feel better soon we will have no choice but to go to the doctor (also she is probably scared to go).

4. Hi, Vanessa. Both of those are good medical strains and by the sound of the reaction your mom had when she placed the rso on a lump. That pain is the cannabis doing it's work but it won't be pain free, unfortunately. That response may be indicative of the tumor being drawn out and that could be very painful but it's hard to know for sure.Like that friend of a friend I mentioned above.

The cure with cannabis can be bad, too, and if you continue with just the cannabis therapy, she will need narcotics at times to help. If you don't keep up the topical application, I can understand. The coconut oil is still a good choice if you think it helps. I know that to have such change just from the method of cannabis treatment will cause some concern.but it does illustrate the power of rso.

I'm not sure there is any better way to use your cannabis that will be any different if it's working. It sounds like it's really time to alert the doctors so that it doesn't progress beyond hope. Please keep us updated as you go along. [​IMG]

5. Hi Sam, so we have been applying the on the skin and also taking it orally. She has been experiencing depression due to the winter and that fact that she has cancer and it has taken a toll on her appetite. We are seeing the doctor to get anti depressants unless anyone has something natural to help spirits.
    The pain at times has led her to take Advil when it gets bad but baths can help with that pain as well. From when we last spoke her tumours are still there but fingers crossed we have not felt them get bigger or new ones.

Is there any different methods people use as well as the oil?
    Is there alot of people who the oil has worked to cure the cancer?
    I am trying to read posts to my mom to feel better and often times people do not update how their doing once they finished treatment.

6. Hi, Vanessa. It sounds like you've got a tough mom is she's just taking Advil for pain. I'm glad you're continuing to do the regimen and it sounds like something may be working. It does take time for these to work but if the tumors were growing before you started and now they aren't and no new ones, then it sounds like she may be on her way.

Does your mom toke at all? The reason I ask is because there are some good strains for depression, stress and anxiety that may help her out. Those would be tropical Sativas instead of the Indica dominant rso. Do you have a vaporizer? A few hits occasionally during the day will possibly give her relief from the depression and maybe a bit of energy and appetite stimulation, too. It shouldn't zombie her out since she takes so much rso but it should help lift her spirits.

Like you were noticing, a lot of people don't come back and say "yea or nay". I know a fellow in Puerto Rico who uses the coconut oil version of rso for stage 3 multiple myeloma, a relapse, and he did well but used it in conjunction with chemo. The oil alone kept him out of chemo for a while and his numbers were lowering but not enough to suit his doctor. Some cancers respond better than others. I now have some active skin cancer on my ear and forehead and am using the oil on those and they are receding. It definitely works on some Prostate cancers and lung cancers and I have seen other accounts. Using it as oil is often the treatment method of choice.

Do you know of Granny Storm Crow? She puts out an index that is superb. Check out this thread if you haven't already:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-usage... [​IMG]

7. Vanessa,

Sorry to hear about your mom's problems. I am a chronic pain patient and along with chronic pain frequently there is also chronic depression.

I find that Jack Herrer and Ak-47 work very well together to help depression.

I would ask Sam, but maybe you should make a second batch of DO with strains that are more balanced for daytime use.

I have found that using the decarb of 240 F for 40 minutes even AK GD no longer gives me anxiety.

I Don't have access to enough material to make 2 types of DO, but I am planning to use a balanced strain and a strong indica together so the DO will be more usable during the day.

If your mother never combusted tobacco or cannabis she may be more open to using a vaporizer than smoking.

If you want to go the vape route PM me and I will help you find something for your mom's needs.

8. Hi Sam, I have come across Rick Simpson's facebook page. I wanted to know if you know what level the thc and the CBD must be to actually work. I have read different things, I want to make sure we are doing this correctly. Our oil is about 60% thc and 40% cbd. I read on Rick's facebook that the oil must be around 98% thc. Now I am writing to ask if you know much about the topic and if you know which is best to beat cancers?
    Please let me know:)
    Thanks!

9. Well, of course I'll let you know.

Rick Simpson's original guide was made before so much was known about the effects of the different cannabinoids. You actually have a very good blend of strains although the percentages they gave you and that Rick Simpson uses aren't realistic in the regular scheme of things but does give you an idea of your blend. Knowing those strains you use, those percentages probably are more in line with the strain balance than actual cannabinoid count.

There's been a lot of study done now on which strains and cannabinoids are best and it's pretty clear that a blend like yours is best for cancers that have a good chance to metastasize, such as your mom has. That's what the CBD does but it doesn't cause remission. That's the domain of THC and is why you want a higher content.

So how is she doing? Better, I hope. [​IMG]

10. Hi Sam, My mom is currently not doing so well. As of last week she has been nauseous and throwing up and has become extremely weak. We are not sure anymore if this is due to the oil or the cancer. I know that before my mom was taking the oil she still felt fine. Ever since she has taken the oil she has gotten weaker and more pain and now the nausea is making her weak and making her spirits very low. We are not worried for her well being.
    Sam do you know if the thc level needs to be really high or closer to 1:1.
    Is there anyone or a forum that people discuss the actual process they went through to get healthy. I get really mad reading forums that I took the oil and BAM im better. Im just really low in spirits.

11. I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Vanessa. When you say "oil", do you mean the coconut version or the straight rso? If she has gotten worse with the coconut oil, stop using it and go back to what you were doing. High doses of cannabis oil can cause those symptoms. If it started with the coconut oil then it could be the extra bioavailabiity. Cut back on the dosing and see if that helps. If not, then it's probably not the oil. If she can keep it down without the nausea you may want to try soy lecithin supplements at the time of dosing.

There's really no scientific information that tells what ratios that are needed. All we have is anecdotal stuff and it seems to be different for everyone. It doesn't work for everyone and every cancer. I have a friend with 3 different kinds of cancer and she's tried chemo and a lot of rso. The combination has given her quite an extension of quality life, it has not placed anything in remission and she has recently been told to consider hospice care. She seems vigorous and full of life but she's endured a lot.

There are a lot of forum threads that start out on a positive not but that don't end well and unlike the successful ones that get shouted out, they fade away. Another problem with documenting the nitty gritty is that a lot of people don't like to share the rough times even though things end well. Also, I would think that most folks in such distress may not be journal type unless it's someone like me.

However, check this out. I don't like to present negativity but this is a realistic look that reflects your frustration. But don't let it get you down. [​IMG]

12. ouuu that is scary to watch and very sad.
    but yes she did start these symptoms when the coconut wax mixed with the oil. She is very up and down/ her appetite comes and goes and the nausea is up and down- mostly up when she intakes the oil. Very difficult to tell if these are positive signs or not. She also at times sweats buckets and get super heated- not sure if that is good or bad.

The only glimmer of hope I see is that all of these symptoms have started when she started taking the oil. Before taking the oil she was fine (besides the cancer) and now she's way worse than before but this is supposed to help the cancer so we are all hoping that this is the up hill battle to get to the other side.
    Yes ever since the coconut oil she has been showing symptoms of n

13. So if this started with the coconut oil either cut the dose back to see if that helps then you'll know. Or just use the rso I hope you get it working for her. If cancer were easy to heal, no one would have it. Sometime in the future we'll have knowledge of how to use cannabis and it's compounds to the great benefit of mankind but right now our knowledge is in the dark ages. [​IMG]

14. Does anyone have experiences with using RSO in suppository form? I read that it absorbs better and increases the bioavailibility.

Also what are the common "side effects" when someone takes RSO, other than the high? Things like Fever, thirst, dehydration, frequent urination etc?

Thanks!

15. There aren't any side effects to RSO like you describe that I've ever experienced nor heard of. There can be nausea and dizziness as well as the other "green out" or "couchlock" symptoms in large dosages. Fever, thirst, dehydration and other such symptoms are not indicative of cannabis in any form.

As I mentioned in your other thread, suppositories can be a great way to treat rectal, prostate, genital and other issues located in that region of the body. A lot of cancers are helped by getting the cannabinoids to the tissues and most is metabolized before it can get that far through the digestive system. There are more surface capillaries in the rectum that allows for excellent absorption directly into the tissue. Little to no psychoactivity should be encountered but a combination of rectal and oral dosing would probably be best. :)

16. Thank you!

My mom was recently diagnosed with stage 2 high grade aggressive ovarian cancer. I will definitely try both the oral and rectal method as I build up her tolerance towards 1g per day.

The Phoenix tears I am using now is 1:1 thc to cbd (indicate). For now, she is taking 1/2 grain at night before bed. I am also supplementing her with Cbd capsules up to 7 times a day (15mg each). I read somewhere that 50-200mg of cbd oil is ideal for cancer patients.

Her appetite has gone up and pain reduced since she started taking the cbd oil capsules so it's working for her so far.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi, I am new here and I am trying to find the best recipe to make RSO or Phenix tear.... My brother in law has stage 4 colon cancer.... Now I find out my daughter who's 25 has been tested positive for cervical cancer.... Can someone point me to the right recipe to make this cure? Thanks in advance

18. Welcome to GrassCity Forums, Roselamb74. Sorry to hear about your family memebers. Hopefully cannabis therapy can help with that.

Are you want a small batch using an ounce of weed or a bulk amount? The process would be a little different for each. What is he highest percentage of drinking alcohol that you can get? :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. PsychedelicSam
    Hello, thank you for helping me out! I have one pound to start with. I am debating on using it all at once. What's your advice? I also have about 28g of good kief also the everclear alcohol I have is 190 proof. Thank you so much for your time.

20. I wouldn't advise using the whole thing until you've made a smaller batch. Single ounces are easy but doesn't give as good of a yield and can be burnt fairly easily if not careful. I prefer to make oil from about a quarter pound at a time and it doesn't take a lot of special equipment or buckets and you get a yield between 12-16 grams, trim on the low end and flowers on the upper.

You can add your keif if you want or a proportional amount. If your plant material is all the same strain and your kief is another, I recommend using both. A blend of strains seems to work best if available. Even just one other will give a wider range of properties than just one but that's not always an option.

I spent some time looking around the net for a decent large batch video for you but couldn't really find one that covered the two most important steps of the process. I thought that I had a guide around somewhere but my computer crashed a few weeks ago and I lost all my stuff and can't find it in my backup but it's pretty simple to do.

For now I want to emphasize the 2 things that are left out of most guides and that are extremely important to your end product. The first main step is to decarb your buds and your kief. If you want the most effective cancer fighting properties then you need your oil to be as active as possible although not necessarily high THC and that is done by decarbing.

Full THC decarb is accomplished @ around 240°F for 40 minutes in an oven although for RSO I might use 5 or 10 minutes less in order to retain more of the CBDA which, in addition to CBD, is an important component of fighting cancer. By decarbing it a little less you will get a more complete cannabinoid profile. You don't want a lot of THCA in a concentrated product but some can be therapeutic in it's own right. I speak with some knowledge of this because of a ton of tests I've had performed and that's what they tell me.

The other very important step is to freeze your material for 24 hours after you decarb it and also place your 190 alcohol in the freezer separately for the same period of time. This is important for 2 reasons. The freezing of your material causes the trichomes on the material to get brittle and fall off which then makes it better for the freezing cold alcohol to crack them open and strip the oils. But the most important reason to use the freezing cold alcohol is that it inhibits the extraction of chlorophyll, not stop it but greatly inhibit it and this is important for your final oil. The more chlorophyll and other compounds like it that you have in your oil, the less potent it will be. It could change your cannabinoid content from 65% to 55% and you don't want that. You'll get a slightly larger yield but have to use more of it.

I had planned on getting this up sooner today but such is life. If you'd like, I can write out the steps for you and I may have some visuals, too, for a bit of guidance. I won't do it here tonight because I'd probably make too many mistakes but let me know if that would help out. Even if you find another guide to your liking just remember freezing and decarbing and decarb is the only step you want to use heat until it's time to evaporate off the alcohol.

I'm happy to help. When do you plan on starting? :)