Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Phoenix Tears" uses

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Love that you guys are actually bouncing positive vibe back and forth. Not the same for most posts. I'm an 43 y/o life long canna smoker. New to the science in the last couple of years. Not sure I'm understanding the oil production? I mean is it just the same as making canna butter but with a distillates or alcohol instead?
    Love that you guys are actually bouncing positive vibe back and forth. Not the same for most posts. I'm an 43 y/o life long canna smoker. New to the science in the last couple of years. Not sure I'm understanding the oil production? I mean is it just the same as making canna butter but with a distillates or alcohol instead?

Hi there, rgf. Welcome to the discussion. 

The oil discussed here in this thread is a concentrate, cannabis oil. Not to be confused with canna-oil. It often is called RSO, or Rick Simpson Oil. In this thread, even coconut oil is a concentrate and not what you'd ordinarily use for an edible. These are pretty much medical grade and not recreational. I probably should have started this in the medical forum but didn't know any better at the time. It is similar to making butter but using a better solvent that gives you the ability to concentrate your dose as needed. You can vape or smoke the cannabis oil or dissolve it in oil or butter or something else with which to make edibles. 

It's really just a matter of degree. This oil has a tendency to raise a tolerance very fast. This is about as clear as mud, I'm sure, but it's about the best I can do at the moment. Let me know if i need to try it again.  :unsure: 

3. Morning Sam...got an issue that I need your advice on. Itchy skin and spots from hep c. It's usually not too bad but this winter has been a bear and it's getting real annoying.
    H

Howdy, HJ. Got an itch, huh? I also have hep c and know where you're coming from. Do you use cannabis salves? I make a variety of them and they all seem to work on the itch, some better than others, but the best one for the itch, spots and a bunch of other skin issues like poison ivy and insect bites seems to be the one that includes plantain leaf oil. That, combined with the cannabis, seems to be major league in my book. It's also a pain killer so it really potentiates those effects. 

I've just started using the plantain and it has really made a distinct difference in the results. I made an oil and a tincture from the stuff but the oil I infused with cannabis before I infused it with the plantain. It's taking away spots, no itching, pain melts within minutes so I definitely recommend it. You can find the oil and tinctures in health food stores and just add it to your cream if you use one. 

Also, I'm getting ready to make a witch hazel version of a salve, too, and you may want to try that on the itch to see if it helps more but try to avoid the products that use alcohol in it. It's a strong astringent with the alcohol.

I hope this helps. Let me know. I'm starting to compile a cannabis pharmacopeia that will list the effects of other herbs combined with cannabis and any feedback is appreciated.  :)

5. That's just excellent info. It's got me a bit concerned and a tad uncomfortable. I remembered that you also have this crap and I've been googling my butt off trying to find some relief. While on the hunt I found, surprisingly, cannabis ointment/salves listed on several medical sites as new and potentially helpful treatments. And the old light bulb lit up :yay: cause I've watched you develop ointments and creams now for a long time. 
    I'll head down to the local Health food store and get cracking.
    thanks again Sam.... :smoke:
    H

I'm glad I could switch the light on for you. I'm kind of surprised that you're not already doing topicals but now's a great time to start. A basic infused coconut oil and beeswax salve works wonders all by itself and if you include some essential oils and other herbal oils, you can do all kinds of things you'd never believe possible. I speak as a previous doubter. I've been a believer in the cannabis part but, like many men of my generation, lotions and creams and stuff for my skin was nowhere in my self-image....until the skin cancer.

Like you mentioned, that's when I started working these different formulas and effects. Because of lack of funds, the work went slowly but purposely forward. Since the auto accident, though, thanks to new challenges, I've started studying interesting blends and I'm the first guinea pig so I'm learning a lot of specialized information but as a whole, a plain and simple cannabis salve is the cat's meow. No matter what concoction I'm working on and testing out, I still keep a jar of the simple stuff close by in case the new one doesn't work. ;) 

7. Never really had a need, I just sorta always got by, so I just watched you work thru it. I'm always dealing with cuts and splits in fingers from the weather and work, which coconut oil works great for. And it also worked for what little I had of the "itchies". The coconut oil/beeswax would provide a heavy coating which is very soothing. I get some of that w the coconut oil. I'll take a look at your index for a how to :smoke:
    H

8. ​We Are Sam

9. :metal:

10. I figured it was time to bump this thread and to add check out the stickie thread called Another Tincture Thread...

There's a recipe on page 242 on how to make PsychedelicSam dragon oil.

Essentially a more bioavailable form of RSO.

11. #591 STIGGY, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
    SAM I AM
    Morning All

12. Morning Stiggy....[​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

14. This thread needs to rise back to life (no Frankenstein jokes). Lots of good information.

15. Let me mention the change in decarb time and temp. Due to extensive testing by PsychadelicSam we know that 240 F for 40 minutes gives a complete decarb.

Also, the recipe for Dragon Oil is on page 242 of Another Tincture Thread, try it you'll like it (above in stickie thread.

16. Hey there I'm new to this thread but my mom has cancer and we are using the rso from a dispensary and she also uses patches for the area she has tumours. I read lots of comments from here, was wondering if I could get some insight or some helpful tips for my mom. Does it hurt when the cancer is being defeated, how long does it usually take? The doctors pretty much won't let us check her marker numbers to not frighten her more... We have no way of knowing if it works!

17. Greetings, Vanessa. and welcome to the Grass City Forums. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I'm not an expert on cancer but I'll help where I can. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions just so that I can direct things toward your mom.

You say that she has been using rso from a dispensary. How long and what is her current daily dosage of the rso? What type of cancer is it? There are strains that can be better for one type of cancer than another because of the specific profile of cannabinoids and terpenes. I would recommend getting a profile of the rso from the dispensary. It should be available and then you can research what you have. Many dispensaries will have more than one strain available and if you can get one that is a blend of strains instead of a single then that would be an improvement.

Are the tumors internal or surface? Any remission of an internal tumor or other cancer should not hurt for that reason. Of course, there will be the pain caused by the cancer itself and even that should be somewhat controlled by the cannabis in those size doses. Some surface tumors are ejected through the skin instead of just disappearing and those might have some pain associated with it but the topical cannabis patches should help with that.

How long it takes and how well the cannabis therapy works is really variable. The accepted course of action usually includes 60-90 days using a total daily dose of 1 gram but I have known others who have needed less and others more. How does she take the rso? In many cases rso can make it's way through the body without being fully metabolized so a more bioavailable method may be better, such as mixing it with coconut oil or agave nectar.

Is there no one that the doctors are confiding in? That doesn't sound right but sometimes the HIPPA provisions about medical records can be a real pain in the patootie. I can't advise you on how to get that info but there should be some sign that she is improving. Her appetite should start getting better and maybe a little more energy, just small improvements at first because the dose usually has to be increased to the right level slowly to allow a tolerance to build up so it doesn't get too psychoactive.

I hope this has helped a little. If you have more questions, please don't be afraid to ask. [​IMG]

18. Hi Sam,(thanks for messaging)
    We used to make out own oil but when we found the dispensary they told us our oil was mostly THC and hardly any CBD because we were getting the bud off the street. She has been on this oil for about 10 days taking 1 full gram ( 2 days ago she upped her dose to 1 and a half grams)
    My mom has ovarian cancer, she did her full round of chemo and it ended in May, her cancer was never in remission because she was still left with 100 markers when it was supposed to go down to 0 or 35 which is the norm. I am not sure what strands they have used, I know they mixed 2 type together to get as close to 1:1 ratio, ill have to ask them.
    Her tumours are under the skin that can be felt, some have gotten a bit bigger but not while on this oil ( she is also doing the NIA -Natural infection absorption- )
    Her diet is completely raw veggies and juicing and taking lots of supplements.
    She takes the RSO on her tongue and swallows it.
    Her appetite is slowing coming back, because before she was lost it, on the oil she is very tired and forgetful.

19. also the pain isn't constant it's like a flash pain and she said it was like that when she did chemo. Sometimes it feels like her tumour is itchy from the inside. Thought I would mention

20. Frankly, high THC is necessary in the fight against all kinds of cancer, more so than CBD itself. Most CBD-A is turned into other cannabinoids along with CBD and it's that combination that keeps cancer from growing and spreading but it's the THC that stops the cancer in its tracks and starts shrinkage or remission. They are probably using a high THC strain with a high CBD strain which would be a good balance. Do you know if they decarb it? If you can get the name of the strains and/or a cannabinoid profile of the oil, it would still be advantageous.

She's been on the current oil 10 days but how long has she been on the cannabis therapy that included the rso you were making? I would imagine that's why she can tolerate the large dosage. Are the tumors on her ovaries large enough that they are distending the abdomen or are those like lumps directly under the tissue? The reason I ask this is that surface tumors are more likely to cause acute pain at the site as they shrink or are expelled. Those are like those flash pains she was describing. The internal "itch" could be a sign of healing just like a wound will itch as it heals but it's a hell of a weird feeling, as I know from experience, and you can't scratch it.

It sounds like you are seeing some improvement just from what you describe, the tumors not increasing in size and the fact that her appetite is coming back. The appetite is very important and there is a cannabinoid that can put a damper on that which is why I was asking about the profile. THCV suppresses the appetite. We hear about the "munchies" all the time but THCV actually inhibits that usual appetite stimulation. It has other valuable medical benefits for the digestive system but a cancer patient needs more appetite stimulation. Eating more will increase her strength and stamina which then leads to more positive results.

The oil is going to zone her out at those doses, no doubt, but it would be the same if she were on a heavy opiate regimen or chemo. Unfortunately, that's one of the disadvantages to fighting cancer but with luck it only lasts a short while, comparatively of course.

I have a couple of suggestions to improve the bioavailability of your medicine. By taking it on her tongue and swallowing she is not getting the full benefit of the oil because it's too concentrated to be completely broken down before it is passed through the body. I know the rso is expensive, especially at that dosage, so you want to get as much value as well as health benefit as you possibly can. The suggestions I'm going to make can be implemented on a small scale at first to see if there is any noticeable improvement then you can do it as you see fit.

I believe that the first thing that you do is make your therapy more bioavailable by mixing your rso with extra virgin coconut oil. I can guarantee that you'll double, at least, the effects of the rso in its concentrated form. You can keep the dosage the same and may even lower it just a bit because of the increased effects. Virgin or extra virgin coconut oil is the only oil to contain lauric acid which allows passage through the important blood/brain barrier, taking the cannabinoids with it.

Try this with a gram of your rso, no more, just a gram. For the initial trial, warm 10ml of extra virgin coconut oil (evco) on a coffee warmer or in the microwave or with a hot water bath. Once it's warm, add your gram of rso. We will be referring to this as 1000mg of rso for dosing purposes. It isn't cannabinoid content because rso is usually only around 65-70% but it is those other compounds in rso that makes it so good for cancer.

Mix your rso in the warm coconut oil and keep warming it until it fully dissolves into the evco then continue to warm it for another 10 minutes to allow for better bonding. You will now have 10ml of very concentrated infused coconut oil. Get some empty "00" gelatin, not vegetable, capsules from the health store or somewhere. Those hold approximately 1ml of liquid. Fill 10 capsules and any oil that's left over or on the sides, let her put it under her tongue. Put the capsules in an airtight container in the freezer to be dispensed as needed. Each capsule is 100mg of rso or 1/10th of a gram. You can make it stronger if desired.

How many doses does your mom take throughout the day to get to that 1.5g? Not all at once, I hope. Anyway, you will replace one or two of those rso doses with the equivalent dosage of the coconut oil caps. Do that over the course of 2 days or until the caps run out and see if there has been any noticeable effects, either way. If it does seem to help then you may want to up that form as you see fit.

The other suggestion I have for right now is to use the rso directly on one of the tumors instead of the patch. Take a wooden spatuta or something similar to spread a layer of full rso over the tumor, cover with a waterproof bandage for 24 hours. Clean the area, change the bandage and repeat for another cycle then check for improvement with comparison to other tumors using the patch.

I'm sorry for the long response but cancer can't be messed around with nor its treatment. These are just suggestions that I know has helped others but everybody is different. You're the one on scene so just use your best judgement. Let me know how things are going and if you have any other questions or concerns, please ask. I'm available most of the time, holidays and weekends included. [​IMG]